The online racing simulator
Crashed My Car :(
(118 posts, started )
Only thing i can say is FAIL
Quote from robt :got a manual? Could have found one that powers something you didnt need and popped it in as a temp fix

I have nothing. Figured there wasn't much point until I'd passed my test, but I'm planning on picking up a few essentials this weekend.

The only other fuse with the same rating was for the fuel injection, and I'm pretty sure I need that one We weren't sure it was the fuse at first, of course, but thought it was unlikely that both bulbs went at the same time. If we'd known, we might have been able to set up a temporary fix using some chewing gum foil or something
#53 - DeKo
thats not a crash, doesnt count. writing off a 6 grand car is a crash, thats absolutely nothing.

and instead of trying to drive it off, why didnt you try actually pushing it?
Quote from BurnOut69 :Or be glad you didnt hit a KIA. They may seem to be made out of Korean crap but I swear their bumpers are made out of a mix of adamantium and carbonite.

The one that hit me had not a single scrap and my rear bumper was totalled, the damn bastard!

My dad hit someone in a scenic in his rio. The bumpers have some foam sort of thing iirc . The scenic had damage and my dad's car was fine :P
Quote from Luke.S :My dad hit someone in a scenic in his rio. The bumpers have some foam sort of thing iirc . The scenic had damage and my dad's car was fine :P

too bad

One time my dad hit a Driving lessons car in the back with an old Jeep Cherokee, the car had really big damage on the back and the Jeep only had his license plate damaged.
Quote from Luke.S :My dad hit someone in a scenic in his rio. The bumpers have some foam sort of thing iirc . The scenic had damage and my dad's car was fine :P

Jack ass, it can still be ruined behind the bumper, not to mention all the foam will be cracked, so next time you do have a proper smash, it won't protect you, they are made like a crash helmet.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Jack ass, it can still be ruined behind the bumper, not to mention all the foam will be cracked, so next time you do have a proper smash, it won't protect you, they are made like a crash helmet.

I doubt it since it was only at about 5-6 mph.
Doesn't matter what speed it was, how fast does a helmet travel when you drop it on the floor? Still has to be replaced.
Can you just leave it? It is my dad's car not yours. Anyway he had it checked and the dealer said it was fine.
Pearcy is right. It's why low speed accidents write-off a great many cars. It's not economically viable to replace all the crash structures.

Of course the dealer checked it. Everyone asks their main dealer to examine their bumper's internal structure after a walking speed incident.
Quote from Luke.S :Can you just leave it? It is my dad's car not yours. Anyway he had it checked and the dealer said it was fine.

You brought it up, thinking your dad was some sort of smart ass because he has foam bumpers and he doesn't have to pay for it to be fixed, thats obviously why he drives a kia then...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You brought it up, thinking your dad was some sort of smart ass because he has foam bumpers and he doesn't have to pay for it to be fixed, thats obviously why he drives a kia then...

+1, KIA's are bad for you
No i just said as the other guy said about being hit by a kia. Your the one trying to be a smart ass by saying that the bumper is wrecked inside.
Tough luck, how fast were you going? I see it's on a bend, that didn't help. On top of that it looks like the hedges start getting higher just at the bend so you really couldn't see oncoming traffic =(

Least you are alright, that could have gone much worse.

It's always a good idea to stick to the main roads when the weather is poor. Someone else is usually bound to find the ice before you then! They are better maintained too and they would have probably been gritted, saying that for all I know your GF lives in a village with only single tracks going to it =)
But its what has no doubt happened.
I'd like to hear the postman's version of events, please.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd like to hear the postman's version of events, please.

"Some nutter in a crap car was shouting something about that turn being just like the one on Flackwood Barrycross on Need for Speed or something, then crashed. I was just parked on the side of the road seeing if there were any good DVD's to steal in the post." - Postman
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd like to hear the postman's version of events, please.

I've yet to see any evidence of this postman.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :"Some nutter in a crap car was shouting something about that turn being just like the one on Flackwood Barrycross on Need for Speed or something, then crashed. I was just parked on the side of the road seeing if there were any good DVD's to steal in the post." - Postman

LOL
You got the car off the road with not a lot of damage. I'd say that's a job well done.

On the other hand if you had spun it...
Quote from Mattesa :You got the car off the road with not a lot of damage. I'd say that's a job well done.

On the other hand if you had spun it...

...it would have imploaded, because too much oversteer in that car would violate the laws of physics and destroy the universe.
Quote from amp88 :Here's a tip (I only follow it some times but it can come in handy...). When you're approaching a blind corner (or one that's partially obscured by hedges/fog etc) beep your horn. If there's someone on the other side of the corner they'll be alerted to your presence.

I was taught to do that when driving around the country, this particular village was surrounded by a lot of single lane humpback bridges.

But I suspect this is why you're only taught to pass a test, once you get your licence you can learn how to drive.
Quote from atc quicksilver :"some nutter in a crap car was shouting something about that turn being just like the one on flackwood barrycross on need for speed or something, then crashed. I was just parked on the side of the road seeing if there were any good dvd's to steal in the post." - postman

Nice
-
(EmilO) DELETED by EmilO
Quote from atc quicksilver :...it would have imploaded, because too much oversteer in that car would violate the laws of physics and destroy the universe.

lol! :d
#75 - Jakg
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Tough luck, how fast were you going? I see it's on a bend, that didn't help. On top of that it looks like the hedges start getting higher just at the bend so you really couldn't see oncoming traffic =(

How fast? Not very.
Hedge wasn't the issue - just behind where I was standing there was a fooking great bridge.

Not gritted, private road and the only way into the GF's village...
Quote from DeKo :thats not a crash, doesnt count. writing off a 6 grand car is a crash, thats absolutely nothing.

and instead of trying to drive it off, why didnt you try actually pushing it?

It wouldn't push out - it was properly beached

Crashed My Car :(
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG