The online racing simulator
Just got my G25 up and running... Goddam - I say GODDAM - it's sweet!

Pity about the shifter; Now I'm tempted by that Acts Labs RS *droool*
R.i.p g25
Well ive had my logitech G25 for only 4 months & its bitten the bullet....:tombstone
Dont really use it much either(I have a life outside of lfs too!!)

My pedals are still working prefect & so is my shifter,BUT my wheel has decided it dont want to stay centered.I use 720 degrees unless using different cars(e.g.400/540deg)NEVER BEEN AT 900!! no point in lfs......

I start my computer an wheel calibrates fine,but shortly after starting a race(dont matter which car/track) it will shift center & by this i mean the whole 720 deg will go anywhere up to 40 deg in either direction.

I opened it up today,an found that my FFB motors have black smoke soot coming out of the vents.....:wtf2:
The chip board has some soot over the wire connectors as well!

Im the only person to use this wheel as i bought it brand new at A&R computers 4 moths ago.
I used 105% ffb ( NO spring or dampener at 720 deg )

Just dont know what to do(cant get it replaced coz ive takin my pedals out to hang them upside down & my gear stick leather pouch is gone coz it was to short & couldnt get gears with it on.....VOIDED warranty!!

P.s. this is not a question:just a friendly WARNING for G25 users-->>>
DONT LET IT GET HOT!!!!!!
G25 arrived this morning I tried my mates one like 3 weeks ago and i was unco with clutch (going from PS2 controller with auto clutch) at work now so counting the seconds untill i can go home!

i have a cockpit half built, i have butchered a old wooden Arcade game housing and laid it down - perfect base for a cockpit!

thanks for setup tips above will try them out! where did you have your wheel mounted blacknight ?? did it not have good ventilation or somthing?? or couldnt hack the SA heat :P
Always mounted on my desk..
(see pic,should have been fine?)
P.s. yes its dam hot lol.
Attached images
15-11-08_1615.jpg
nice shifter knob
Can i join to the G25 family? Just ordered MINE G25 yesterday and if everythings OK i will have it tomorrow. It was hard to buy one because of the money and less offering but i have it. Actually i wonder did i make the right choice to buy the dreamed wheel of mine or i should save my money. Over 2 years i watched videos in youtube of guys who playing with g25 and... envying to them
I still dont know if I should buy a G25 or a Fanatec 911, because I really like the pedals of G25, but I prefer Fanatec 911 wheel + H-shifter by the reviews, also that the fanatec wheel is bigger so it feels more realistic. Downside is that it is expensive and G25 isnt that expensive anymore... :<
Quote from Math1js :I still dont know if I should buy a G25 or a Fanatec 911, because I really like the pedals of G25, but I prefer Fanatec 911 wheel + H-shifter by the reviews, also that the fanatec wheel is bigger so it feels more realistic. Downside is that it is expensive and G25 isnt that expensive anymore... :<

If you can wait till March I'd go with the new Fanatec wheel + pedals. (GT3 RS) It's got quality pedals and a wheel that is even better than the 911 Turbo. Costs £289 though..
Quote from Blackknight555 :DONT LET IT GET HOT!!!!!!

That always happens to me when racing Endurance, it smells like burning plastic lol, but who cares, I hope it does break, that way I won't be able to play on LFS
Quote from Blackknight555 :Well ive had my logitech G25 for only 4 months & its bitten the bullet....:tombstone
Dont really use it much either(I have a life outside of lfs too!!)

My pedals are still working prefect & so is my shifter,BUT my wheel has decided it dont want to stay centered.I use 720 degrees unless using different cars(e.g.400/540deg)NEVER BEEN AT 900!! no point in lfs......

I start my computer an wheel calibrates fine,but shortly after starting a race(dont matter which car/track) it will shift center & by this i mean the whole 720 deg will go anywhere up to 40 deg in either direction.

I opened it up today,an found that my FFB motors have black smoke soot coming out of the vents.....:wtf2:
The chip board has some soot over the wire connectors as well!

Im the only person to use this wheel as i bought it brand new at A&R computers 4 moths ago.
I used 105% ffb ( NO spring or dampener at 720 deg )

Just dont know what to do(cant get it replaced coz ive takin my pedals out to hang them upside down & my gear stick leather pouch is gone coz it was to short & couldnt get gears with it on.....VOIDED warranty!

That happened to me too - And i never go over 40% ffb ingame!

Anyways, I fixed this by placing a new optical encoder onto the end of the FF motor. Also replaced motors with different ones since they squeeked. Thing is now these are starting to squeek! I thought the g25 would last longer than this. Guess just gonna have to wait till it dies a slow painful death then buy a fanatec.

Also this could fix it: If you see where optical encoder is (end of ff motor with black box) remove the plastic black box thing. Now there will be a circuit board (i'm pretty sure you know what im talking about, just explaining for anyones future reference) and a black ring sticking out. I think if you moved the ring away from the board that it'll read more clearly and won't "skip" readings and un calibrate itself. Hope it helps, but can't guarantee anything

p.s. I also cut a hole in the case so I can easily remove the covering without screwing and unscrewing a bunch of screws + hassle(cut vertically from the circle for steering column, if you know what I mean). I can leave off and place a small fan and it should keep cool. This may help if you get the encoder working.
Quote from MijnWraak :That happened to me too - And i never go over 40% ffb ingame!

Anyways, I fixed this by placing a new optical encoder onto the end of the FF motor. Also replaced motors with different ones since they squeeked. Thing is now these are starting to squeek! I thought the g25 would last longer than this. Guess just gonna have to wait till it dies a slow painful death then buy a fanatec.

Also this could fix it: If you see where optical encoder is (end of ff motor with black box) remove the plastic black box thing. Now there will be a circuit board (i'm pretty sure you know what im talking about, just explaining for anyones future reference) and a black ring sticking out. I think if you moved the ring away from the board that it'll read more clearly and won't "skip" readings and un calibrate itself.

On it!! (And i do know what you mean.....:nod

That optical encoder could well be the trouble you know,oh & those little round black rings are magnets.

Cheers for info,will post back soon with update
ReBorn.........?????
Well i reopened my G25 & had another look.

This time i went straight for the "optical encoder" only to find that its bracket was not screwed down on the motor tight resulting in the encoder being able to move around about 2/3mm in any direction.

Seems to be working fine now,just hoping those motors hold out lol

Included is a couple pics of the encoder/bracket & inside my g25...
For anyone thats interested in using for future reference.

nice one MijnWraak
P.s. i was only havin a dig regarding those magnets m8
Attached images
G25 static magnets.jpg
optical encoder bracket.jpg
g25 optical encoder.jpg
Quote from Blackknight555 :Well i reopened my G25 & had another look.

This time i went straight for the "optical encoder" only to find that its bracket was not screwed down on the motor tight resulting in the encoder being able to move around about 2/3mm in any direction.

Seems to be working fine now,just hoping those motors hold out lol

Included is a couple pics of the encoder/bracket & inside my g25...
For anyone thats interested in using for future reference.

nice one MijnWraak
P.s. i was only havin a dig regarding those magnets m8

Nice! Probably a manufacturing defect, should maybe make a thread about it with pics and all how to fix it Might be useless but hey, it could save someone $300

And I wasn't talking about those black rings I meant the one that the encoder read ^-^
Also, now I remember thats what was wrong with mine too, the screws weren't tight. Temp fix was moving the black ring but then it gave out again and realized was loose. But ye grats, hope motors stay alive! haha
Got my G25 today !!! Played for few minutes, everythings work fine. But the feeling is.............. very strange. I push the clutch than the brake, i steer only 90 degree expecting the car to turn. Its very strange but i think when i handle it it will be a pleasure !
is 300 USD a good deal with lots of warranty?
Quote from chavm481 :is 300 USD a good deal with lots of warranty?

Warranty Schwarranty. Don't fall for that crap. Get a $260 one with a standard one-year.

edit: on second-thought, if its 3+ years get it. Mines dying on me after 2.
new 300 one year warranty, this is usa...
going to get a g25 maybe within this week. Saw it at J&R near fulton street manhattan for about 234.45 should I get it there or online?
there!
I got my one for 250$ and one year warranty But when the wheel will get his first birthday, he will start failing and smoking. Because he know, that the warranty is end
Questions.
Hi G25 racers , well i have, emm, some questions here about it, because, if everything is ok in the next week, i´ll order one to remplace my Momo :

1. Anyone of you ordered one trought Amazon, recently? you know if they are the rev.B ones? I really wanna run on it without any problems, especially the Shifter.

2. If trought amazon I really got a rev.A one, do you think that the Shifter issues would be avoided if i use it carefully?

3. Again with the Shifter, it´s an obligation to attach it on a table?, i mean, i need annother little table to use it? or i can palce it on something else?.

4. With the wheel it selfs, do you think it can handle more use than a Momo one? I play LFS Like 7 hours a day (of course, not the 7 hours in a row, 4 in the afternoon after the school, and 3 before going to sleep) with my Momo I never had any problems so far, will i have them With G25? it is really that worth that in can handle as much use as i wan´t? (inside the time i play of course, I never played something more than 4 hours in a row and I never will).

Well I´m really hoping that someone answer these questions, so I can be shure that my G25 will be a Quality Wheel, because I really dont wan´t to sell my Momo to get a wheel that will Die in some moment early in the future, i´ll sell it only if the wheel i´ll get is a good one .

Adolfo Herrera.
The G25 is a very sturdy unit. I had the MOMO before, and the G25 feels a LOT more solid. There's no slack in the steering column at all, for instance. It feels like it can take a lot of abuse without problems. Same thing goes for the pedals. The shifter is, as you know, the weakest link. However if you handle it with care it's not a problem. At least it hasn't been for me, and I've used mine for a year. (I always use H-gate when possible)

I had my shifter attached to the same desk as my wheel before I got my Rinoseat. It actually worked quite well.

So I'm sure you'll be happy with the G25! However, I always recommend people to consider the Fanatec GT3 RS wheel which will be released in a month. Quite competitive price, and it comes with some really great pedals. (looking at the specs)
Ok so I´m sure now that it will be a great wheel! , and I was thinking on The GT3 RS one too, but Time matters in this situation, because my dad is giving me the opportunity to have one, and maybe in a month when the GT3 comes out, he won´t let me buy it because X and Y, and you know how the parents are when they dont like that you spend money in something that they aren´t interested or can use, so I have to take it in this opportunity, and I´m going for it because now I trust in logitech, The MOMO and my X-530 prove me that Logitech sells quality products, and because I like the G25 A LOT, so I´m going for it, anyway thanks for the advice .

Adolfo Herrera.
Just buy it

I will guarantee you will like it, the shifter isnt bad at all IMO.
So, the new 5.04 drivers are out and officially the only addition is support for the DFGT.

Anyone tried them?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG