The online racing simulator
I am old and bald :(
(102 posts, started )
Quote from Electric Eye :Hehe, nah I'm not depressed - was just kiddin' about a little bit. Although I've got to admit that time passes quickly.

Still going to school. The plan is to get as many highers as possible and head to university and study arhchitecture which should take about 6-7 years... That's the master plan.

Got back home recently, had fun with some friends bowling and then eating afterwards to payback for the lost energy!

Please.
For the love of god.

Don't waste your years studying.
Quote from Klutch :Please.
For the love of god.

lmao great advice!! enjoy life! hey let's rob a bank and spend all our life playing LFS and travelling around the world
For me mid to late 20s is (was) a great age to be. Late teens/early 20s can be exhilarating and tons of fun, but there's still so much to learn about yourself and other people, and some of that can actually be pretty painful to deal with.. there's love (girlfriends), and moving away from the safe cocoon of family and discovering new places/ideas, and finding yourself- if you're not ready for it some things can just come up and hit you like a ton of bricks, at least that was my experience. Early 20's can be rough.

Late 20's, early 30s (I'm 32 now) seems to be an altogether smoother ride, which I'm grateful for. I still don't have kids of my own so I'm probably starting to fall a little behind the average curve of experience here, but that's ok. I'm also back at school which is probably making me feel a little younger than I actually should. Not going to complain though.
Quote from Klutch :Please.
For the love of god.

And what do instead? Go get a crappy job?
Do an apprenticeship.. that's the clever thing to do, especially with todays rather poor outlook.

You can have all the degrees and diplomas in the world, but if you're a big knob (not saying you are) then you'll have no better chance of getting the job than someone who is less qualified, but is a nicer person who's willing to learn.
Well, I'll go for uni.
#57 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Do an apprenticeship.. that's the clever thing to do, especially with todays rather poor outlook.

You can have all the degrees and diplomas in the world, but if you're a big knob (not saying you are) then you'll have no better chance of getting the job than someone who is less qualified, but is a nicer person who's willing to learn.

a good uni can get you internship opportunities you can't find on your own though, real quality opportunities to do real works insteads of being used as a cheap stand in. and you may meet some professors which would later become your mentor.

I've seldom heard cases of architects making it without going through uni, it's way too specialized to do it nowadays, there's too much to learn on your own.
you are just 17 and feeling old ha ? ok ! what will u do when u are 30 ?
Quote from XTREMEPOWER :you are just 17 and feeling old ha ? ok ! what will u do when u are 30 ?

you do have some positive first posts
Quote from G!NhO :you do have some positive first posts

i like your signature. and you are right.
haha, you are funny

so how old are you?
Quote from Electric Eye :And what do instead? Go get a crappy job?

No.
Spend your time with friends, family.
Go have fun.
Do something stupid, challenging, scarey.
Do something you never thought youd do.
<< Taking a break - wtf? new title?
Quote from Klutch :No.
Go have fun.

Good luck convincing :-) Still plannin' on going to a uni lol.
#67 - AMB
I'm 18 this year, can't believe I have a gf considering how much i'm on LFS

I have more miles than some people who have been playing for 3 years but that's just because if i'm not going out for some reason i'm on LFS or something

17 is a cool age anyway, but this year I get to buy DRIIIIIINK haha, that's when I can haz some reaaaal fun
Yeah the only way to have fun is to get drunk. Good point.
Quote from Electric Eye :Good luck convincing :-) Still plannin' on going to a uni lol.

Enjoy you're boring life.
because once you have a full time job / living on your own with bills to pay etc

you wont be able to
#70 - AMB
Hmm, Well, just get a GF, then a job (which I need) save money, then one day when you got loads of money go on a shopping spree.

anyway getting drunk is fun, most the times.
Quote from Klutch :Enjoy you're boring life.
because once you have a full time job / living on your own with bills to pay etc

you wont be able to

Lol at least then I would be able to pay the bills ;P
#72 - JJ72
Quote from Klutch :No.
Go have fun.

well that doesn't conflict with going to uni?

actually isn't going to uni all about that lol?
Quote from JJ72 :a good uni can get you internship opportunities you can't find on your own though, real quality opportunities to do real works insteads of being used as a cheap stand in. and you may meet some professors which would later become your mentor.

I've seldom heard cases of architects making it without going through uni, it's way too specialized to do it nowadays, there's too much to learn on your own.

Maybe apprenticeships differ, but here at least, you actually learn things. You are paid little because it's often the company pays for any college courses that you go on (normally one or two days a week), including transport and any trips.
Quote from Electric Eye :So turnin' 17 today Such a depressing time, isn't it people!?

Felt like creating another purposeless thread with my terrible life experiences.

no its not, get your license and have a life...
Jesus, 17. Yeah, whatever. I'm 30 next year. What I wouldn't give to go back and be 17 again.

I am old and bald :(
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG