The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Don't man, I swear the Chinese are already catching the turds I flush and using them to build a clone army. That's why I've started keeping all my turds in a cardboard box in the kitchen.

Tried typing "how much shit human produces?" on google, but instead it gave me links to "How much poop can humans safely eat?" and "Strange New Products: Tofu that Tastes like Human Flesh"...
Well tried it a coupe of times now. Racing on different tracks. The feel of the car is pretty good. The tracks are so cool. Up and down the hill, sweeping fast corners. I will propably end up buying it. In fairness it was a big step forward compared to 1.02. That I didnt like. But this is so much better.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's why I've started keeping all my turds in a cardboard box in the kitchen.

since ive already been called a troll for no good reason i might as well give moose one... you have no idea how similar your behaviour is to kunos' development strategy
Sweet, tried it with a couple of RSR guys right now. I really liked it, I'm probably even gunna buy it. Just figured out how to chat . Anyways, seems pretty realistic but if you can get dirt to make your view become weird can you wipe it off?
press L
Quote from thisnameistaken :Of course, that's a sensible place to put it.

Well it's still a good sim, and it doesn't do that weird "your car spookily rotates whilst stationary" thing any more, but I swear the sounds have got worse and the gearboxes don't feel quite so visceral any more, which is a shame because that was my favourite aspect of the simulation.

My wheel is very dusty and my hands are sticking to it. I might try some LFS later too...

ahh, glad to see you gave it a bash Kev. Not so bad after all is it

When there's little to no negativity in the nKPro forum at RSC you know it must be doing something right Hope to catch you online sometime.

Now go and wash your hands.
EDIT:- Ranting deleted. Shotglass ingore listed. Feeling calm again
Stlll failing to ignore Trolls. Must do better.
Quote from The Moose :ahh, glad to see you gave it a bash Kev. Not so bad after all is it

It never was, really. It still feels like nKPro, but maybe it's just me but it doesn't feel quite as mechanical as it used to, which is a bit of a shame because that was what originally sold me on it over LFS, which still feels disappointingly mathematical. I mean LFS is fun, and the RWDs are a blast to drive, but it all seems a bit too clinical, y'know? There's no real metal-to-metal feel about the racing like you get in nKPro and hiPricing.

Back to nKPro: Correcting speed on corner entry always seems to result in instant oversteer (when the car on the default sets is shamefully understeery under any other input). So yeah, they're a bit difficult to enjoy driving on the default setups, but at least the oversteer condition seems more lifelike now.

You argued that Aviano was a great track in an earlier post: I'd agree that the double left-hander that goes down and then uphill is tasty, but the rest of the circuit is pretty dull to me, and the chicane after the pit straight still has the most bizarre kerbs I've ever seen.

I did an online race at Newbury tonight and that reminded me how I felt about nKPro's tracks generally. There's a couple of corners that are fun to drive, but they're always linked by weird, wishy-washy third-gear turns that just seem to drag on forever with the same radius the whole way around. Corners like that are shit to drive.

Oh and the default field of view (55 degrees?) makes them worse. Up it to 80 and you start to get an idea of what the corner actually looks like, but all it does it confirm that they're pretty dull corners.
Quote from The Moose :The fact that you feel the need to have that quote in your sig tells me exactly what kind of a person you are.

this post of yours does a pretty good job as well
ill leave it to the avid readers of this thread to decide whos been calling whom names

Quote :I get the feeling theres history between you and Jaap.

nope im afraid ill have to disappoint you there

Quote :There can be no other reason for your need to still keep that in your sig, unless you're just complete idiot.

has it occured to you that i might have forgotten about what my sig has to say?

Quote :He wasnt "mocking" his customers, he just dioesnt think at times.

thus turning him jaap and his little failed project of his into the longest esprit de l'escalier in the history of simracing
its quite fun to watch actually

Quote :look up his posts at RSC if you dont know who im on about

cant be bothered youll have to do it for me if you care enough to make me understand what youre on about
Quote from The Moose :The fact that you feel the need to have that quote in your sig tells me exactly what kind of a person you are. Should Jaap have abandond the project in October just to keep you happy or "keep his word" Had it been obvious at that time the 1.03 wasnt going to be anywhere near completed i have no doubt he would have walked away from it. The fact that the patch was 95% done meant he would have been bloody stupid if he had left the project when it was so close to completion.

I'll have to back shot up on that - and not just because I want to have his little ubermensch babies.

Jaap had posted several concurrent posts, months apart, claiming that 1.0.3 was moments away from being released. He set himself up for this kind of criticism because he was the Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf of netKar Pro, he's been full of shit since he took over the mouthpiece position - why should anybody take him seriously?
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's why I've started keeping all my turds in a cardboard box in the kitchen.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I'll have to back shot up on that - and not just because I want to have his little ubermensch babies.

Quote from thisnameistaken :he was the Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf of netKar Pro

damn you and your sense of humour ill never be able to decide which to use as a signature

thanks to you moose will have to endure looking at my current sig for a little longer... how do you like starting 09 with that on your conscience?
Quote from JasonL220 :press L

Thaaaank you, troy told me in game heh.

Was fun, I'm getting the hang of it and I'm starting to love it but if I bearly touch anyone I have to pit :S I bearly tapped some guy from the back on a straigt and my car just dropped and started scraping the ground :S.

Driving wise, its cool. The default setup has some pretty weird brakes though lol. Its smooth and all but I seem to have a bit of trouble with the car cuz it understeers on looooong corners. Starting to get the hang of it though. Somewere around 1 second off the pace for now but I'll get there easily imo.

Hope to race you guys again soon heh this is fun. Might buy it if I have the cash soon enough. I have money but I owe money .
AAARGH! This game is going to destroy my ****ing wheel!

Whenever I hit 'race', and I spawn in the pits, my wheel (DFP) starts thrashing from side to side seriously hard. I mean it - if I have my hand in the wrong place when it is doing 'it', I could easily break a finger or two... I've tried various settings to try and stop it, but they just ain't working. It's not just when I'm driving - it continues if I watch a replay etc.

Help me, someone!
Quote from Timdpr :Whenever I hit 'race', and I spawn in the pits, my wheel (DFP) starts thrashing from side to side seriously hard. I mean it
Help me, someone!

Try enabling full screen mode in Options | Video, worked for me
Quote from traxxion :Try enabling full screen mode in Options | Video, worked for me

I actually had it enabled already, so I disabled it and guess what!

It still didn't work. Thx anyway.
Quote from Timdpr :I actually had it enabled already, so I disabled it and guess what!

It still didn't work. Thx anyway.

Do you use the Profiler? If so, is there a profile for nKP? If so, does the profile point to nks.exe? If so, set the wheel turn to 400 degrees,
Or...In nKP garage go to the setup 1 tab and find ff gain(I think) and ff something else and set them to 0. This is a 'per setup' setting.
My guess would be something along the lines of the first option though.
HTH
Its the FF damping and friction setting. Set them to zero. Had the same om my momo. It has been mentioned elsewhere. Scared the crap out of me the first time as well. Now get driving.

I dont use the fullscreen setting. It does not mean the sim is not fill screen though. Confusing...yup, its italian i guess.
Not using it allows me to alt-tab out and back in. The setting is more a keep nkpro window on top setting.
Quote from The Moose : Trust me, i've given him a good public slagging off at times over the last 18 months as well, but guess what, i got over it. Who cares, its history. Move on ffs.

Then you are no better than anybody else, are you?.. It didn`t take me 18 months to get over it..it took me only 1 minute..after i got my refund in 2006...
Moose move on ffs...
Quote from Timdpr :AAARGH! This game is going to destroy my ****ing wheel!

Whenever I hit 'race', and I spawn in the pits, my wheel (DFP) starts thrashing from side to side seriously hard. I mean it - if I have my hand in the wrong place when it is doing 'it', I could easily break a finger or two... I've tried various settings to try and stop it, but they just ain't working. It's not just when I'm driving - it continues if I watch a replay etc.

Help me, someone!

Try the friction and damper settings when you spawn on track on the pitmenu in Setup1 or Setup2
Quote from Timdpr :AAARGH! This game is going to destroy my ****ing wheel!

Help me, someone!

I had the same problem... At first the wheel just shake even before I started the car. I adjusted the FF frition and damper settings and the feedback gain and it was ok. The next day when I started Netkar the wheel just shaked violently even with those settings at zero and it was impossible to drive. After almost deciding not to try Netkar again, I just turned the wheel form lock to lock in the box before starting the car and the problem disapeared. Have no ideia why, but it didn´t happen again till now...
I also tried the demo. All in all Netkar Pro is a great sim and pure physics wise its just a better sim then lfs 2. At least the openwheelers offcourse compared to each other.
But it still needs alot of work, the sound is crap and the interface is just horrible! Lfs 2 still is overall a more complete game.
I think thats the main difference lfs 2 is a racegame compared to netkar pro wich is more a simulator. They are both still way better then other racegames.
Thank you Doorman, SpikeyMarcoD, BlueFlame and chunkyracer! It was the FF damping and friction settings that were giving me the problems.

I've got a rather slow computer, so NKPro isn't working very well on it. It doesn't seem great with a DFP anyway, so I'll come back to this game when I've got some better equipment! I'm spending loads of my time (and money) on LFS and RBR atm, (and I would be playing GPL if I could get it to work - I was having great fun until I binned my old comp and replaced it with this seemingly GPL incompatable new one ) so I'm not going to be playing an IMO quite a lot worse game than these very often. Mabye it's the most realistic sim out there, I haven't driven these cars IRL, but it just doesn't feel right.
Quote from Timdpr :I've got a rather slow computer, so NKPro isn't working very well on it. It doesn't seem great with a DFP anyway, so I'll come back to this game when I've got some better equipment!

It seems bloody great with a DFP from what I've tried.

Shame your comp isnt handling it very well Mines old and crappy but has no problem with it.

It seems performance is a whole lot better for everyone that had probs in 1.02, that's a good thing to see.

Any LFS'ers that are driving nKPRo pls add your names to this list http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=333581 so we know who you are

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG