The online racing simulator
what's the name of this?
(35 posts, started )
what's the name of this?
Attached images
lfs_00000023.JPG
sorr, but I want the technique name in real world...
#4 - AMB
It's the racing line where the rubber gets put down from the cars, not sure of the name, i'd just call it the racing line.
Hmmm... Rubber path / track?
I always thought that shaded areas such as this were there to give the added effect of a worn in surface on corners and things. I may well be wrong though. As for the proper name, id say racing line.
Yeah, racing line probably is the best word.
groove
#10 - Jek
Apex.
Quote from Jek :Apex.

Don't think so because apex is like turn top.Dont know how to say how to say that in english
#12 - Gunn
The rubbered-in path is often called the racing groove, as someone already mentioned.
In trail riding it's called a berm. It's the path layed down by others, and it's both the quickest way around a corner, and also the grippiest. I'd call it a berm, or maybe the racing groove. I wouldn't call it a racing line, as the quickest line is not necessarily the racing line
Quote from dougie-lampkin :In trail riding it's called a berm. It's the path layed down by others, and it's both the quickest way around a corner, and also the grippiest. I'd call it a berm, or maybe the racing groove. I wouldn't call it a racing line, as the quickest line is not necessarily the racing line

I never knew that! I thought that the racing line is the shortest possible course around the track, making it theoretically the fastest. I am however, an expert at being wrong!
#15 - Gunn
Quote from dougie-lampkin :In trail riding it's called a berm. It's the path layed down by others, and it's both the quickest way around a corner, and also the grippiest.

I thought a 'berm' was a long mound of dirt often found skirting the outside of a turn?
That's what I thought too, Gunn.
Isn't it the "dug out" section where others have cut a path?
of a berm i think of this:
I believe they are called 'ruts' or something dougie
Nah, a berm, at least over here, is a banking on the outside of a turn which riders use to get more speed up.. I think
Hmm, dunno so I was always taught to ride in the worn dug outs made by quads, and they were called berms...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hmm, dunno so I was always taught to ride in the worn dug outs made by quads, and they were called berms...

Well I guess they could be very small berms must be an Australian thing

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-berm.htm

There you go

Now back to painting my roof
YOU'RE GOIN TOO HIGH BOY STAY IN THE GROOVE! /Days Of Thunder Quote.
The groove, indicates the proper racing line in most cases.
Actually why is it called a racing line? It's rather a curve
Good point

what's the name of this?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG