The online racing simulator
what's the name of this?
(35 posts, started )
Just because its a line doesn't mean it has to be straight. Call it a meandering, or wavy line!
Quote :I never knew that! I thought that the racing line is the shortest possible course around the track, making it theoretically the fastest. I am however, an expert at being wrong!

The shortest route is to hug the inside and on straights to go directly from the end of the inside to the start of the inside of the next corner, the racing line therefore is never, ever, the shortest route.

Typically the racing line is that which gives the fastest exit speed from a series of corners during which the shortest route was 'apexed' but never driven along.

In my years circuit racing i've never known a name to be given to areas of tarmac that are rubbered in. There is no noun for it that I know. Areas of tarmac are usually referred to as on-line or off-line, inside or outside. You might also referr to an off-line area of tarmac as "green", although that's not to be confuse with "the green stuff" which is, in most forms of racing, considered to be really bad.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Just because its a line doesn't mean it has to be straight. Call it a meandering, or wavy line!

Maybe it's pissed :drink:

#29 - 5haz
Poo stains caused by drivers leaving braking a bit late.

Its just where rubber has been laid down on the racing line, methinks 'groove' is the best word for it.
The racing line is the line you would take to #1 carry as much speed through the corner as possible, or #2 carry as much speed INTO the next corner possible. So you'd use two corners, be slow through the first and faster through the next because the next corner leads onto a straight and you'd want maximum speed, like a hairpin leading onto a straight, you go in deep so you have more speed coming down the straight. In my view, when the rubber has been laid down like this isn't not the racing line anymore it's the groove, because rubber is actually on the circuit therefore that part of the track is more sticky than the rest.
Or you could just make it simple without trying to make a very simple thing complicated
'The racing line is the fastest way through that corner'
When the cars drive fastly into the turnings, they left some rubber painting (a rubber line, you names up are perfect I think) and they left some little pieces of tyre, called 'marbles' (pronnunciation: [marbels]). I don´t know if I wrote it well, but I heard this on the Internet

EDIT: These are the marbles
Quote from Tomas Miranda :When the cars drive fastly into the turnings, they left some rubber painting (a rubber line, you names up are perfect I think) and they left some little pieces of tyre, called 'marbles' (pronnunciation: [marbels]). I don´t know if I wrote it well, but I heard this on the Internet

EDIT: These are the marbles

Marbles appear on the OUTSIDE of the groove, where the loose rubber has been forced to the outside
Quote from BlueFlame :Marbles appear on the OUTSIDE of the groove, where the loose rubber has been forced to the outside

Hehe, I forgot that, thanks for the comment
I'd call it tread marks, but obviously it is incorrect in every way except those black stuff in the groove are tread marks.

No sense, right?

what's the name of this?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG