The online racing simulator
This is for the guys who say: "You can't have close racing in GTR's"
and who ever said that?
I say: Try Kyoto Ring Oval with GTR cars
I would have settled for a MPR file
yep nice racing
Nice racing you guys! (didnt even tell me you make vids )
Need to rename it to "You can't have close racing in the FZR" or else you are still wrong.
Quote from PMD9409 :Need to rename it to "You can't have close racing in the FZR" or else you are still wrong.

I personally love how all the big endurance leagues are doing their job, and working so hard to balance the GTR class.

Quote from DevilDare :and who ever said that?

I wonder the same.

The elitist sounding youtube information kinda put me off of the video.
Nice race

so good
Quote from zeugnimod :I wonder the same.

The elitist sounding youtube information kinda put me off of the video.

Totally, and it didnt inspire me to "jump in lfs and give it a try" the same way as "real" close racing in an XFG would.
Quote from DevilDare :and who ever said that?

This is basically towards the discussion in the german LFS Forum where ppl argue that we need more roadcars than big fast cars with spoilers and slicks because only the small cars proof to be a lot of fun.

This Video (we didn't intend to show how GTR racing can look like) was the outcome of a practise session where we fought for more than 3 laps until I made a slight mistake and couldn't get back into slipstream.
Of course it's not as close as you can drive in a UF1000, but besides aerloss problems and higher speeds this gave me the same thrill!

Maybe the wording offends some of you, but this video shows that you can also have fun in a GTR when 2 drivers are equally fast.
Quote from Commander :This is basically towards the discussion in the german LFS Forum where ppl argue that we need more roadcars than big fast cars with spoilers and slicks because only the small cars proof to be a lot of fun.

I think one of the reasons you see people saying that is because the GTR class is probably the most unbalanced class in the game.
Quote from BigTime :I think one of the reasons you see people saying that is because the GTR class is probably the most unbalanced class in the game.

Maybe that too (by the way, I just understood what you CoRe guys meant with the posts above lol)

But they rather refer to Aerodynamic bugs, the overall higher performance etc.
:sleep2:
Quote from Commander :Maybe that too (by the way, I just understood what you CoRe guys meant with the posts above lol)

But they rather refer to Aerodynamic bugs, the overall higher performance etc.

Yeah the Aerodynamics on LFS are ridiculously simplistic, makes me sad.

GTRs (even just FZRs alone) cannot produce the racing that the TBO (even as a whole) can.
Quote from PMD9409 :GTRs (even just FZRs alone) cannot produce the racing that the TBO (even as a whole) can.

But I think with the TBOs there is another issue.....I haven't driven any car in real life where the tyres after 2 laps are close to converting into liquid rubber.....2 laps on the Nordschleife gave a very nice an grippy warm temperature, far away from the melting point.....in an FWD....
Try that with the FXO ^^
Well that's your problem, drive a XRT.

And tires last alot longer than 2 laps easy. Last week in XSCC we had a 30 lap race on KY2, and my tires never got above 75 degrees (all green), same with FE1 the week before (75 laps). The FXO is just showing the "flaws of the system" like many other things.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well that's your problem, drive a XRT.

And tires last alot longer than 2 laps easy. Last week in XSCC we had a 30 lap race on KY2, and my tires never got above 75 degrees (all green), same with FE1 the week before (75 laps). The FXO is just showing the "flaws of the system" like many other things.

I haven't raced the FXO recently, and rather seldom the XRT at all. But on As7r I struggle to keep tires below critical temps for more than a max. of 4 laps. After that it'S all red. It's driveable, but not perfect anymore ^^

And apart from that, I wanna see the car in RL that is that lose on the rear axis......I've driven a couple of RWDs and neither of these was as tail happy as the XRT is ^^
Quote from Commander :But I think with the TBOs there is another issue.....I haven't driven any car in real life where the tyres after 2 laps are close to converting into liquid rubber.....

THAT... happens in drifting
Quote from Commander :And apart from that, I wanna see the car in RL that is that lose on the rear axis......I've driven a couple of RWDs and neither of these was as tail happy as the XRT is ^^

try my car maybe? :P

but we all know,and devs too,that the tires get too hot too quiclky,even scawen said it somewhere
#23 - Kaw
5 minutes into the vid, and 2 ovetakes made.
I want my 6 mins back.!
#24 - senn
nice racing, i'm not talented enough to be able to race at those kind of laptimes with any kind of stability (that's not gonna stop me practicing and getting my laptimes down tho)

Nice racing fellas.
Yep, nice racing. Hands off

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG