The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z6 - online compatible (no VW)
(50 posts, closed, started )
Probably it's because it's an alpha channel texture which the dust can't go through.
Quote :ABS can stay on permanently after applying handbrake

eh, did you add that after my statement? This happens to my RL VW Lupo, but not in LFS I wrote that as part off the offtopic discussion
Quote from rc10racer :Still got the shadow problem which i reported and 3 other people have reported with Z5 on ATI cards with crossfire enabled.

EDIT: my bad i never read the known issues part.

Me too GPU: ATi Raedon 9200
damn
so why you deleted ABS on XF GTI ??
but what patch is there have a VW?? take a images and send it to another topic...

Scawen rocks again

Edit:
Quote from Ripley :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1009690#post1009690

okay Ripley
Found the issue for the oos - set issue
I have been trying to work out why the OOS - SET bug occurs and kicks every single player in the server that is running the >Z4 test patch.

We seem to have narrowed it down to whenever someone a certain user (buickid) in the replay, comes out onto the track. We seemed to work it out that it was the guys setup that was causing the issue. After a bit of testing.

I have attached a replay of when it happened. we did try it numerous times, and worked out that it was the setup that was causing the issue. it does not kick non Z4/5/6 users when doing it.
Attached files
testpatch_crash.mpr - 99.8 KB - 366 views
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hey Scawen, since you're fixing shadow bugs, how about fixing this one too?

Shadow disappears when you go on that raised grass at autocross, it even disappears when you're only partially on the grass.

i found this:
Quote from Scawen : The D3D8 crash is now fixed in Z6.
Shadow rendering is avoided when the shadow would be invisible (e.g. round a corner or over a hill).

Did you photoshop it or you modified it??? I can't seem to find this kind of problem...
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :For Scawen, I´ve got some info which is good for you

LX6´s tyres are flickering when changing the rim colors:

Actually it has with all cars...

I tested them

I know a little programming. And what kind of problem is that... Where to fix it??? Can anyone tell me so I can help Mr. Scawen out

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hey Scawen, since you're fixing shadow bugs, how about fixing this one too?

Shadow disappears when you go on that raised grass at autocross, it even disappears when you're only partially on the grass.

That problem exisist since Patch Z(or earlier???) :smileyrai
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :For Scawen, I´ve got some info which is good for you

LX6´s rims are flickering when changing the rim colors:

Actually it has with all cars...

I tested them

Bumping this post for Scawen for he can notice this easier
Quote from ACCAkut :eh, did you add that after my statement? This happens to my RL VW Lupo, but not in LFS I wrote that as part off the offtopic discussion

Thanks for clearing that up, can remove it from my bug sheet!

Quote from Krammeh :I have been trying to work out why the OOS - SET bug occurs and kicks every single player in the server that is running the >Z4 test patch.

We seem to have narrowed it down to whenever someone a certain user (buickid) in the replay, comes out onto the track. We seemed to work it out that it was the guys setup that was causing the issue. After a bit of testing.

I have attached a replay of when it happened. we did try it numerous times, and worked out that it was the setup that was causing the issue. it does not kick non Z4/5/6 users when doing it.

Thank you for this, the OOS bug must be caused by something different from what I thought it was.

I'll try to figure this out.

EDIT : I've saved out the setup from the replay and can reproduce the OOS now...

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Bumping this post for Scawen for he can notice this easier

No need, I read these test patches quite carefully and make notes as I go, even if I don't reply to every report.
Quote from Scawen :

No need, I read these test patches quite carefully and make notes as I go, even if I don't reply to every report.

Ok... No problem
What happens if a Z5 client joins a server with XFGs, does he still have ABS?
Quote from Doorman :What happens if a Z5 client joins a server with XFGs, does he still have ABS?

I have tested... and yes, they have an ABS, but I think it´s not working, didn´t tested it... I just got racing about it
Another good work by Scavier!!! Downloading!!!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I have tested... and yes, they have an ABS, but I think it´s not working, didn´t tested it... I just got racing about it

I've got Z5 I think, and ABS works fine in XFG on Race 1
Quote from J@tko :I've got Z5 I think, and ABS works fine in XFG on Race 1

So it works on when joining only Z patch version server with Z5?
I Don't know if it's really a bug.
Maybe it's a known "old" problem which was already posted. I just drove some laps on BW in the TV view (Z6). Well i can't describe it that good. Looks like the racing line texture isn't exactly on the ground. Therefore it appears on the tires. Watch the screenshots. On the second picture only the reartire is on the racingline (green line).
Attached images
racing line.JPG
racing line 2.JPG
Quote from Coneman :I Don't know if it's really a bug.
Maybe it's a known "old" problem which was already posted. I just drove some laps on BW in the TV view (Z6). Well i can't describe it that good. Looks like the racing line texture isn't exactly on the ground. Therefore it appears on the tires. Watch the screenshots. On the second picture only the reartire is on the racingline (green line).

I think it´s just a shadow...

But it looks like it´s drowned on ground
Why was ABS brakes removed from XFG? Was it too hard to fix it, or devs just changed mind, that XFG shouldn't have it?
#47 - hda
Quote from Coneman :I Don't know if it's really a bug.

that has been reported in the past but I think it's either that or having the optimal line under the ground
ABS on th XFG
Scawen,

On the ABS discussion;

I think cars in same class should have the same ABS option (ie. XFG XRG) - also the XFG is likely to be the first car people drive (before they buy their G25 etc ) so they need easy braking that doesn't put them off.

Getting to the point, I think the only answer is to have two types of ABS:-

Type 1 - Simple ABS (low frequency, few channels, etc) - XFG / XRG (maybe TBO class). This should lengthen stopping distances but allow easy control. When people develop their driving and realise that it's quicker to turn it off and learn to brake, they will develop skills which will help them with the faster cars.

Type 2 - Advanced ABS - FZ5 / VWS. Sophisticated system for these higher end/newer cars.

Obviously you would have to change the threshhold braking lesson in some way (force the ABS off of change the car).

(Sorry for the rant - I am a regular reader but it's the first time I've felt compelled to comment. Also I know I am suggesting more coding but it seems you have a littlle more time now ).

T
Quote from Scawen :
You can view hotlap replays made in version Z.

I still have problems with SPR Z replays, I get replay OOS error.
(replay me+AIs, error in 15.29s - uploading now)
Z7
Thanks for the testing. Z7 is now available.

InSim : Traction Control and ABS are now reported in IS_NPL packet
FIX : Setup related multiplayer OOS bugs affecting test patch users
ATTEMPTED FIX : Flickering shadow outline on some graphics drivers

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51567
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z6 - online compatible (no VW)
(50 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG