(336 posts, started )

Poll : Do you smoke marijuana?

NEVER!!
Once a week or more
never but I wouldn't mind
Maybe once every 6 months ish
Once a month
Once a year
You could always replace the Sage with Weed in the stuffing and give your family a Christmas to remember.
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S Thompson

Just reading through some of these replies, and I can't see why some people get so worked up about the subject. Is the concept of individual choice so alien, so complex?

Drugs are a technology, they are a tool, and they have their uses and misuses. I knew someone who was killed by a fridge door. Does that mean I will never put ice in my drink again, that I will only consider food storage options that don't involve white goods? Similarly, my girlfriend finds life intense enough without stoking it up with some skunk. Does that make us terminally incompatible?

These questions are absurd, but there is one stone hard truth that is unavoidable: prohibition creates crime. It creates desire and it creates the opportunistic moments in which to exploit that desire. Sure, the law will attempt to ameliorate its own power to produce criminals by arresting and punishing 'criminals', but it's guaranteed that the law will not be applied universally and equally.
at last. 1 nail. 1 hammer. 1 head.
Hard to argue that pot isn't safer than jail.
#305 - ssm
Quote from patrese :You could always replace the Sage with Weed in the stuffing and give your family a Christmas to remember.

That would be a good idea, especially if you suck at cooking, then your food would taste delicious, ever watched that episode of Futurama when Bender went to be trained by "the best cook in the universe" and entered a cooking contest?
if you suck at cooking it wont taste any better with weed, but i know where you are coming from.
usual reason for FAIL with the turkey is that people always cook it "breast up" instead of breast down.
as it cooks the juices flow to the bottom and you will end up with a dry beast. cook the bastard face down covered over on low heat for ages, then turn the heat to max, turn the ****er breast up for 10 mins to get a nice colour.
also the legs and thighs take much longer to cook, so by the time the thigh is done the breast is dry, but long slow cooking on low heat (100 degs) avoids most of that.
so you can do the turkey now and leave the spuds to mum!
happy crimbo
Quote from patrese :so by the time the thigh is done the breast is dry

Sounds like a post-pregnancy diet.
well...i've tried few things in my past, teenageyears... but now, yes, i've come to my senses, i hate drugs (yes marijuana is drug!!!!) only things i still love is alcohol and regular smoke (planning to leave that habbit also)
Quote from -NightFly- :well...i've tried few things in my past, teenageyears... but now, yes, i've come to my senses, i hate drugs (yes marijuana is drug!!!!) only things i still love is alcohol and regular smoke (planning to leave that habbit also)

Ummmm, both alcohol and tobacco are drugs also..... how can you love and hate something at the same time?
Quote from th84 :how can you love and hate something at the same time?

Isn't that what 50% of being human is all about?
The other half is doing the same but in reversed order.
Quote from -NightFly- :(yes marijuana is drug!!!!)

No kidding

What makes you so sure? Just because some nutcase's thought they (alcohol and tobacco) should be made legal doesn't mean they are not drugs and according to the statistics you couldn't really do any worse, at least not within that price range i believe.
well i've had few experiences with sideeffect of marijuana...didn't felt good, trust me...these things screw up human brain a lot faster than alcohol, i know alcohol is bad when you don't know the limits, but it is actually healthy when you take it on reasonable amounts...

don't start to flame me and argue with me, i'm talking only based on my own experience!

and what about tobacco, atm i'm struggling to get rid of that bad habbit also (not that easy when you like something that you don't like...)
Quote from -NightFly- :well i've had few experiences with sideeffect of marijuana...didn't felt good, trust me...

The only side effects that I've ever experienced are a craving for something sweet and maybe even a tasty beverage (non-alcoholic, of course )

Quote :these things screw up human brain a lot faster than alcohol, i know alcohol is bad when you don't know the limits, but it is actually healthy when you take it on reasonable amounts...

The same can be said about weed, using it in moderation can be quite good for people. For me, much heavier use seems to work well.

Quote :and what about tobacco, atm i'm struggling to get rid of that bad habbit also (not that easy when you like something that you don't like...)

I quit every night for 6-8 hours.
Quote from -NightFly- :don't start to flame me and argue with me, i'm talking only based on my own experience!

Why would you assume that i would "flame" you and why would you post in a forum especially on a matter like this and demand not to argue about it? If you dont like opinions and thats how i would define it then stop reading right here.

Quote from -NightFly- :well i've had few experiences with sideeffect of marijuana...didn't felt good, trust me...these things screw up human brain a lot faster than alcohol

Well according to my experiences, its the exact opposite and strangly its even scientifically proven.

Quote from -NightFly- :i know alcohol is bad when you don't know the limits

Touche, so is the use of marijuana and almost everything else one could abuse.

Quote from -NightFly- :...but it is actually healthy when you take it on reasonable amounts...

And marijuana isn't? Please do some more research mate.

Quote from -NightFly- :and what about tobacco, atm i'm struggling to get rid of that bad habbit also

Yes me too.

Quote from -NightFly- :(not that easy when you like something that you don't like...)

Its called addiction or something.
#316 - ssm
I actually don't smoke that much because I am a swimmer, and I don't really want to throw away my brain cells...

Marijuana feels really good while you smoke it, I feel like I am a in a jacuzzi with jets all around me and inside me, and I get all happy, it feels good... But it's just the after effect that makes me not use it regularly. I become really stupid and dopey and slow for about 3 days at a time.

Same deal with alcohol for me. I view weed and booze the same way.

But the one drug I do abuse constantly is Caffeine.

I <3 Caffeine
Quote from ssm :I become really stupid and dopey and slow for about 3 days at a time.

I think it effects differently on people.

I felt a "glowing" effect after, felt really good, really happy, chilled and relaxed, for about a day after. I like it.

but i know people who get a bit angry/depressed after too..
Quote from 510N3D :
Touche, so is the use of marijuana and almost everything else one could abuse.

easy mate, my intesnion is not to start a war here , i might have expressed myself wrong there...i'm not brightest person in this.The story is that i smoked it a bit on army, few minutes later i thought i was going to die (plus i had serious depression for months afterwards, before that i didn't even know what that word means) ...never had anything like this with alcohol, as i've heard it has different effect for some people, maybe my body just don't feel comfortable with it, so thatswhy i never touch that stuff again.
Quote from Klutch :I think it effects differently on people.

I felt a "glowing" effect after, felt really good, really happy, chilled and relaxed, for about a day after. I like it.

but i know people who get a bit angry/depressed after too..

Marihuana exxagerates your feelings, so when your happy you get more happy, when you're down you get more down.

I'm from holland and we have relatively very few marihuana users, just because we are free to decide and not are tempted to try the forbidden drugs. This drug is imo far less dangerous than alcohol. Its probably because they dont get taxes from them they're still illegal.

If you however look to the history of drugs you see a lot of stuff we think is normal was forbidden sometime in history.

And finally, look at the prescription drug users and the problems with addiction/suicide. But hey, those pharmalobbyists have money.
Quote :look to the history of drugs you see a lot of stuff we think is normal was forbidden sometime in history.

The reverse is true in many cases as well. Different cultures have emphasised different drugs in different times, and have been shaped and defined by them.
#321 - AMB
Get High an Fly.

Don't do drugs y0.
I never did drugs.
today is my second day cannabis free after many tries

im not sure wether i will quit completely or just reduce to two a day

it depends if my exercise to synchronize both hemispheres works no smoking

looking this stereogram you over impose the circle with the vertical line and the one with the horizontal line which means your brain works in synchronity

http://i40.photobucket.com/alb ... 22/raaaid/circ-grande.jpg

well doing this exercise stoned has amazing effects:

1st you see the cross with amazing clarity, your sight improves your hearing improves

in fact i got for a second 3 times to see with my peripheral view as with central, a guy told me once he got this effect with mushrooms, he explained it as you didnt need to move your eyes to look at something

so i think cannabis is a must for this exercise working

it hasnt worked on me because the last 6 years most of the time ive had tolerance to cannabis

so ill keep for a while smoking two a day to se if i achive enlightening with this exercise and if not i wiil quit completely, cannabis though feels good brings too much paranoia
Wiet for the win. Almost 1 Jan
Lerts, what is there to be paranoid about? The only thing I worry about is finding that box of little debbie's before the ole lady does.

Marijuana and me
(336 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG