The online racing simulator
Most thrilling video game moment?
(61 posts, started )
I don't think any game has ever got me as engrossed as LFS. I can still remember details of races I had two or three years ago.

Racing in LFS against people you know, nothing beats it.
Guess that got to be in the game called Anarchy Online, when I first entered the penumba, the beast's lair. Man, even if the graphics are 8 years old now the effects and music put togheter were just stunning.
I think my most thrilling moment most likely when i first really discovered gaming.

I had played the Atari ST and Commodore before hand, but was to young to really experience it (although I do have found memories of Formula One by Micropose on the ST). But it wasn't till I got my hands on a MegaDrive and played Sonic for the first time that I thought.....WOW I like this!!! Since then I have been hooked on Console gaming, and only slowly getting into some of the PC stuff.
Quote from The Very End :Guess that got to be in the game called Anarchy Online, when I first entered the penumba, the beast's lair. Man, even if the graphics are 8 years old now the effects and music put togheter were just stunning.

thats a MMORPG ?????
Yes

And how the hell did I forget Zelda - Ocranian of time ?! That's simply my best game experience ever!
u still play MMORPG's??? and wow isent a MMORPG its a kiddy cartoon
Halo: launching a missile from across blood gulch a good 5 seconds before my friend got in it. Quote "haha you with your rocket launcher vs me in the wart-BOOM!"

Zelda: walking through the areas where the re-dead were. I played a little the other day and it still made me nervous and jumpy.

Basically every part of all the Splinter Cell games.
The end battle in HL2, ep2. While I thought most of the game was pretty tedious, that last battle turned out epic. I'd saved my last game very close to where a strider was about to break through the perimeter (ending the game), and there were about 3 others left and lots of those other smaller ones (hunters?) around too. I had to work like crazy to destroy everything before they broke through- took me atleast 20 times to get it all done (going back to that last save when I died), it was a completely mad scramble, but I got there.

Was awesome I tells ya.
Quote from MAD3.0LT :u still play MMORPG's??? and wow isent a MMORPG its a kiddy cartoon

This coming from someone who spells worse than a 12yo WoW player whose character is called 'dethknigtdk', on an alpha game's forum, is slightly amusing tbh. If you think all MMORPGs are for kiddies, try EO and come back when you have your own corp that can operate in low sec
Quote :you call that thrilling? we had a 9h long c&c generals games once that ended with a constant train of tanks out of the 12 war factories i built in the centre of the map roling into the massive base of a friend... took 2 or 3 hours just to get past all the defenses

I dont think I played the Generals edition, I did play a game of Red Alert versus 7 other techies one year, I waited until I heard the first signs of battle then sent my armies out - one for each play, and one back at my base. Near simultaneous victory against 7 other players in under half hour... What made the TA game special was that it started off as a free for all, but the moment the first shots where fired the room came to the general agreement that they where all against me, which I wasnt exactly prepared for!

I used to be very good at that kind of game, I guess I probably still am I just havnt played any in years, so obsene victories dont really register as fun. Sadly the genre tends to reward a player who is 1% better 99% of the time, so for me I didnt get much fun in winning - it was the manner of the win that counted.
Speaking of C&C. Myself and 5 others are having a huge game later the morning at work (Bosses idea ). But I do think it's got a bit serious too quickly.

For starters we have signed a no Nuclear Agreement that carries serious consequences if broken. We are also in the stage of drawing up alliances and treaties promising to start fighting if someone is attacked......this is starting to resemble how WW1 broke out.

(FTR I'm going to ignore the Nuclear Treaty and launch one straight into the heart of my boss.....it's too tempting not to.)
mm reaching the clanbase eurocup semifinals with my moh:aa team
(back in the days when CB wasnt full of hackers)
I had a WOW! moment last night, been playing GTA-IV on the PC for just over a week. Last night was the first time I got a helicopter - like I say, WOW!!!!
#39 - Osco
probably Goldeneye on the N64. Trying to make my way through a level while a friend hid proximity mines all over the place
Quote from NotAnIllusion :This coming from someone who spells worse than a 12yo WoW player whose character is called 'dethknigtdk', on an alpha game's forum, is slightly amusing tbh. If you think all MMORPGs are for kiddies, try EO and come back when you have your own corp that can operate in low sec

\

since when did i state all MMORPG's are for kiddies you knob jockey??? i only stated that WOW was a kiddy MMORPG.
and dont talk to me about hard MMORPG's

if u know what lineage 2 is then you should know what a hard MMORPG is

allso what is Eve ONLINE was boring as hell and anoying cause it did most of the playing for you
Quote from MAD3.0LT :\

since when did i state all MMORPG's are for kiddies you knob jockey??? i only stated that WOW was a kiddy MMORPG.
and dont talk to me about hard MMORPG's

if u know what lineage 2 is then you should know what a hard MMORPG is

No need to be offensive, I haven't been. Unless stating facts must be offensive You also inquired if the poster still played MMORPGs. Did you just fail at English or logic? I never played L2, thankfully. Like with most Korean MMORPGs, the most hardcore aspect of the gameplay is grinding.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :No need to be offensive, I haven't been. Unless stating facts must be offensive You also inquired if the poster still played MMORPGs. Did you just fail at English or logic? I never played L2, thankfully. Like with most Korean MMORPGs, the most hardcore aspect of the gameplay is grinding.

ok sorry for being offensive but yes i was just asking a question and voicing my opnions about WoW i beleave the game to be the worst game i ever paid for and want my money back.

and yes lineage 2 is a HARDCORE grind for example to get from lvl 74 to 75 it takes 14 hours a day for 29 days with a dual boxed char to help you.

but thats besides the point i was just asking because a few people from L2 play LFS and i dont know their forum names
edit: irrelevant.
Quote from DarkTimes :You obviously never raided pre-nerf Kael'Thas Sunstrider.

You shoulda raided EQ back before it got mudflated... That was a gameplay challenge, but all the mobs where tough, and death really sucked. For instance in one raid zone you had to fight progressively harder dragons and there was no way out other than to die or to complete it - if you died then you lost everything you where carrying, leaving you nekkid...

Now the MMO market doesnt cater to that kind of gameplay anymore, people wont pay to play a game that challenges and frustrates them when there are easier games. Sad but true. I used to love the challenge.
The way I see it, I enjoy playing WoW because I don't have 29 solid days to multibox a char up a level. If I can do a couple of levels a day that suits me fine. Call it kiddy, call it what you want, there's a reason it has 11 million players (or whatever).
Quote from Osco :probably Goldeneye on the N64. Trying to make my way through a level while a friend hid proximity mines all over the place

That game was... frankly.. epic!
Who said I played Wow lol?
I am playing Age of Conan atm, and earlier I played Anarchy Online.
Quote from Becky Rose :Near simultaneous victory against 7 other players in under half hour...

usually i get my kicks out of a initial no aggression pact to build up to the point where any following battle will necessarily be epic several hours long and involve enough units to bring every pc in the game to a crawl
the number one reason why i never got the hang of starcraft and dont particularly like any c&c without walls

usually on the rare occasion that we play these games the best approach to winning is flying under the radar by not building any superweapons until you have a massive army
None, Fed up with all of them.

Arent there games with instant win or something?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :None, Fed up with all of them.

Arent there games with instant win or something?

I believe this is what you're looking for!

Most thrilling video game moment?
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG