The online racing simulator
Most Frustrating Video Game Moment.
(78 posts, started )
Nicked from another site I post in...

What's you most frustrating moment you've had playing any games.

Honorable mentions form me goes to.
  1. Driver for the PS1 - The last mission were you had to drive the limo to a certain point while the entire force of the United States secret service/Police/CIA/FBI and Grannies decide to ram you into oblivion.....considering you kidnapped the President, I thought there would have been a safer way but.......
  2. Olympic gold for the Mega Drive - The diving event was absolutely impossible, come to think of it, about every sodding event was nigh on impossible.
  3. Reptilia on hard on Guitar Hero - Quite an easy song but in my determination to get a 100% (and demonstrating a potential sign of OCD) I must have played it around 50 times, going back to the beginning as soon as I hit a bum note.
  4. Football Manger on the PC - Having taken Elgin City from 3rd division Scottish back all the way to the final of the Challenge Cup in the first season, I' winning the final 1-0 with only 3 minutes of injury time to play.......within those 3 minutes the opposition, Dundee, go to score 2 goals to win the Final. Rumour has it that I was unable to be contacted for 3 days and I was found curled into the fetal position on the park bench, with a bottle White Lighting Cider and three days facial growth.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
  1. Driver for the PS1 - The last mission were you had to drive the limo to a certain point while the entire force of the United States secret service/Police/CIA/FBI and Grannies decide to ram you into oblivion.....considering you kidnapped the President, I thought there would have been a safer way but.......

I completed that! I remember many hours spent with my dad trying to get to that underground carpark...
Quote from Timdpr :I completed that! I remember many hours spent with my dad trying to get to that underground carpark...

I gave up after the 11th/12th successive day of trying and proceeded to launch the PS1 out of the window.
The Driver series really did go all out to make it difficult to complete the games. I remember spending hours trying to get past a mission in Driv3r, it took me 47 attempts, combine that with my friends 53 and you have one very long and wasted sunday afternoon. The mission involved chasing someone through the streets, and one section had you going against oncoming traffic that would deliberately aim for you, then into an alleyway only wide enough for your car.
LFS For the PC - When you can't find a league that dosen't have people half a second off WR particpating
prince of persia 2... the last ruins level that ends with you jumping onto a horse
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Snip about the driver series.

The limo mission in the first driver game was breeze for me. I passed it first try.

But Driv3r, I gave up on the last mission, it was plain impossible.

And Driver 2- that mission in Rio, where you chase someone on a road that goes by the side of a cliff, coupled with heavy traffic, was a complete nightmare. I was pretty close to taking the cd out of the drive, eat it, and then smash my PSX with a baseball bat. (I played it on a PS1) took me around 3 months to pass that one.
Super Mario Sunshine. Can't tell a specific part, but it's the only game that has made me physically angry. I actually threw the controller in the corner in frustration.
Combat Arms - the L96A1 (AWM) was so horribly inaccurate I missed 10 shots in a row, even if I had it perfectly centered on the opponent. That gun's accuracy shouldn't make it a sniper rifle but it's for balancing reasons... There's hackers everywhere in that game too.

Oh, in Super Mario Sunshine, I hated the pinball machine part where you have to get 9 red coins in what looks like a pinball machine. Took me forever.
Crashed: The first Lena Valley Leaps mission used to make me insane (jumping 10 buses with cars that went at about 5mph). This was about 2 or 3 years ago... or something.
I recently found out that the game's disc has nearly all its files as .zip files, meaning you could convert the cars and tracks for other games (Carmageddon 2 comes to mind) ...if you really wanted to.

And for the most frustrating thing evar:

My sister got a PS2 (slimline) a few years back, so before she got it, she had to save everything onto my memory card. When she asked me to transfer all the data using the Action Replay Max software, it wiped my memory card. I was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF".
I can't remember having all that much trouble with the driver games tbh, and when I first got Driver I was rather young... :P

Though, "The getaway" was quite a hard game, I got to the 6th mission when I first got it and gave up after a while, then stopped playing it, then came back a couple of months later and eventually completed it.

Kick ass game though.
Not being able to connect to PS Home.
Quote from Timdpr :I completed that! I remember many hours spent with my dad trying to get to that underground carpark...

I didn't... Smashed one Dualshock joypad into pieces after whole week of trying. After getting new one i've turned cheats on and laughed maniacally at all those freakin' cops.

Hardest moments?
I don't play singleplayer much, but i remember winning championship in GP4 with Minardi in 10 lap races on hardest difficulty... in last race.

Also last mission in GTA3 took me a lot of attempts.
Actually, I cheated in the last mission of GTA3, I used a tank.
This one mission on Project IGI where i smashed my mouse for.

Tried about 1 week, finally got to a point where i never got. Last enemy, get shot > Madness
Quote from Bawbag :Actually, I cheated in the last mission of GTA3, I used a tank.

Lol never mind I thought they said Gta 4

But for me It was when I played this EA f1 game and some how in every single race id always get beaten By that german race god in his red Ferrarie.
But there is one game that actualy got me realy real mad.

There was this mission in the original splinter cell where i had to disarm 6 guys and not be nocticed to actualy survive.
And i would always get spotten and shot to crap by like 20 soldiers
Getting shot by the last Japanese c*** that waits for you in EVERY level in COD5 is incredibly annoying. And them Banzai fellas that charge you and stab you, and make you reach to the complete opposite side of the keyboard in less than 0.00000000001 seconds before you're dead. Getting up the hill in that "storm the castle" mission on the hardest difficulty made me physically rage. I'm fairly sure it shortened the lifespan of my mouse considerably from slamming it off my desk shouting "Why won't you die????????????" at the keyboard

When I was young, trying to beat Demon's Gate in FF7 made me rage too, I just couldn't do it...And there was no way to get out of the Ancient City to level up more, so I was stuck there...

The original quake was pretty bad too, on "Gloom Keep", where you go through the teleporter and end up in front of the Shambler, who instantly fires a lighting bolt at you, and you die, whether you like it or not

I found the original Tomb Raider to make me terrified of water too for some reason. In any game, I simply refuse to go into water where there might be something needing a killing. I think it was them bloody crocodiles that sneak up on you and kill you...
On the PS2 in a game called "Black", it was like the third mission and you got shot by a gazzillion rocket launchers and i just couldnt make it every time i tried. so i never played that game again.
Final Fantasy X. Yunalesca fight. . Even with using the Zombie status to your advantage, it is hard, and very frustrating.
Tomb raider 3- london trainstation mission , nevr completed it ...
#21 - w126
Nordschleife in GPL.
Quote from w126 :Nordschleife in GPL.

Isle of Man Mountain course in GPL.
Frogger 3D: Uncanny Crusher level, never, ever, ever completed it. Got 4 out of the 5 frogs and the golden frog, but the final part of the level is near enough impossible

Kuri-Kuri Mix: The whole darn game

Super Mario Sunshine: Many many parts, but the most frustrating parts for me had to be the pachinko-style mini world, and the final level Corona Mountain.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: the only Gameboy advance game I still have. I have owned it since it was new, and the penultimate boss battle against Cackletta and Fawful was the most horribly frustrating boss battle I have ever had to endure. And I'm still 2 boss battles away from completing the game
#24 - arco
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :What's you most frustrating moment you've had playing any games.

This very evening, when in a 3 hour race, my team mate was leading the race and got a disconnect just as he was in pit and we were about to swap. Joined and of course was starting last. Then a while later the server script decided to take over the race and turn the results list upside down. Well, we all of a sudden was leading again, but needless to say, race was cancelled.
Trying to get under 1.34.00 in an XFG around BL1 using full manual (G25)

(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG