The online racing simulator
Most Frustrating Video Game Moment.
(78 posts, started )
#26 - 5haz
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Isle of Man Mountain course in GPL.

Indeed, also try with the Thundercars mod.

For me it has to be rFactor, trying to get some decent slides going in just about any mod other than Madcowie's rallycross mod, or the mods done by Niels.

or perhaps the rallycross mod on the Hitchin street circuit, the track is barely wide enough for the car in parts.
Years ago when my girlfriend was off work sick I set up an N64 in the bedroom to keep her entertained. She slowly got the hang of Mario 64, opened up a couple of levels, and found the penguin race.

Suffice to say about three hours later I had to take the controller away, the penguin looked pretty smug and my girlfriend had developed tourettes. She doesn't play games any more.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Years ago when my girlfriend was off work sick I set up an N64 in the bedroom to keep her entertained. She slowly got the hang of Mario 64, opened up a couple of levels, and found the penguin race.

Suffice to say about three hours later I had to take the controller away, the penguin looked pretty smug and my girlfriend had developed tourettes. She doesn't play games any more.

lol never let your girlfriend play video games!
Quote from Sueycide_FD :LFS For the PC - When you can't find a league that dosen't have people half a second off WR particpating

LOTA. Just ignore the CoRe members.
Unreal Turnament 2003 .

I used at least 100 attempts, over 2 weeks of trying (some tries every day before I got pissed off and turned the game off) before I managed it.

The whole thing was that you were going to go 1 vs 1 with Malcom, AKA the cool black warchief of the game (if you would call him that). I think the frag limit was 20, and you ALLWAYS managed to kill him 5-6, maybe 7-8 times without big problems, but then, over 10 or 8 (don't remember), he became a freaking nightmare! The level itself was claustrophobic and at the end that damn AI reacted instant, meaning that if you was to take him, you got to shot before you saw him, because you wouldn't have time to react and shoot before he had put 3 rockets so long up 'yer ass you would be torn to pieces all over, Was damn happy when I managed to take him, with a score of 20/19 lol

Oh and ye, at that time I used to play FPS games, so the difficoulity was on Godlike. (it's named that lol).
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The Driver series really did go all out to make it difficult to complete the games. I remember spending hours trying to get past a mission in Driv3r, it took me 47 attempts, combine that with my friends 53 and you have one very long and wasted sunday afternoon. The mission involved chasing someone through the streets, and one section had you going against oncoming traffic that would deliberately aim for you, then into an alleyway only wide enough for your car.

I'm still trying to do that mission, Its in Istanbul and your chasing that chick in that shitbox car they give you, you start the the stadium and have to chuck a U turn correct?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :][/B]
Olympic gold for the Mega Drive
- The diving event was absolutely impossible, come to think of it, about every sodding event was nigh on impossible.

Oh god - you mean the Barcelona '92 one? I remember that game and maintain nothing but hatred for its horrible button bashing control system. HATE HATE HATE :chair: (I did manage to do the running style event, as well as the swimming, but the diving was just impossible)
Grim Fandango. Wasting hours trying to find something just to notice something you already tried was basically right but the character was standing couple of video game centimeters off the correct place.
ok here is my list

Kid Chameleon on mega drive

for the simple fact u could not finish this game i think it had well over 3000 levels and weird stages that would put u back 100 or so levels if you chose the wrong door

PlayStation games
and as for the toomraider games i compleeted 1,2,3,4,5 without cheats
allso 1,2,3 resident evil's as well as ONI 1,2,3,4 metalgears and heaps of other hard games
Driver 1 - The final mission in New York. It was fooking hard.
Geometry wars

All of it, many games make me feel like screaming, but geometry wars is the only game that is so frustrating is makes me physically violent.
Quote from 5haz :Indeed, also try with the Thundercars mod.

I read this as 'Thundercats mod'. I was thinking 'That would be an AWESOME game'
Quote from danowat :Geometry wars

All of it, many games make me feel like screaming, but geometry wars is the only game that is so frustrating is makes me physically violent.

its the only proper game ive seen in a couple of years exactly because it will make you want to kill the developers
Does "I wanna be the guy" generally count since it's designed to be frustrating?
My most frustrating Video Game Moment?

Colin McRae 2005 PS2

I completed the career mode after long time!
I had every track and car....

I had no room for GTA San Andreas, so I was cleaning up my memorycard.
I had 2 Colin McRae 2005 Savefiles, and I deleted the wrong one
I lost everything!!!

Then I was so frustrated I bought the unlock codes
#41 - 5haz
Quote from Crashgate3 :I read this as 'Thundercats mod'. I was thinking 'That would be an AWESOME game'

Thats also in development.

There was a GPL Dalek mod somewhere, although i think it was either a spoof or never released, stiff a laugh though.
Captain America (Mega Drive) - Probably the only game that has made me angry. I broke 3 controllers, all trying to pass the last boss. IIRC, the developers made the game uncompletable (yes, I know it's not a word).

DJMAX Portable 2 (PSP) - 6 button? 8 BUTTON?! WHO OR WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM? Anyone who has played it will know what I mean.

Pride & Joy on Expert on GH3
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Hurts my fingers, as well as my brain.
Oh, and how the hell did I forget this one:

Carmageddon 2: I had the Sold Out re-release of the game for ages, but I could never get it to play in Direct 3D or 3DFx, so I always had to play the software version, which suxxx. I had this problem from when I first got it (3 or 4 years back?) to July this year, when (after explaining what had happened) someone uploaded something that fixed it so I could play in Direct 3D! In this time, I bought the original version off eBay for something like £11, but it feels good to have it.
Quote from The Very End :Unreal Turnament 2003 .

Oh and ye, at that time I used to play FPS games, so the difficoulity was on Godlike. (it's named that lol).

Now that i think about it, i played a UT game called Unreal 2. The last mission asked for TOO much. You had to escape a spaceship crawling with enemies that will kill you in one hit on any difficulty. Not too mention the ship, because of the chaos had zero gravity and the xbox 1's clunky controls didn't help much when manuvering the close quarters. I can't remember how much time was given, but i remember i had less than 2 seconds left before i beat it.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Now that i think about it, i played a UT game called Unreal 2. The last mission asked for TOO much. You had to escape a spaceship crawling with enemies that will kill you in one hit on any difficulty. Not too mention the ship, because of the chaos had zero gravity and the xbox 1's clunky controls didn't help much when manuvering the close quarters. I can't remember how much time was given, but i remember i had less than 2 seconds left before i beat it.

I remember that aswell
Alltho I played it on PC it was a nightmare, and the time limit was just too mych asking for.
I think games have been harder in the past. There is rarely a game that's really challenging these days. There are still exceptions however... Midnight Club L.A. for example. The races are so damn frustrating, i don't even bother anymore.
The more mainstream appeal a game/movie/TV show/book/song has, the less intelligence and patience it requires to comprehend it.

I'll call it Forbin's Law.

Alternatively, Forbin's Theory of the Source of Media-related Nostalgia.
#48 - VoiD
Alien vs Predator 2

Tried to play as marine but failed
Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Trying to get past that first goomba had me in flames of fury. Seriously.

Never finished it and sold my NES.
Quote from Bawbag :I can't remember having all that much trouble with the driver games tbh, and when I first got Driver I was rather young... :P

Though, "The getaway" was quite a hard game, I got to the 6th mission when I first got it and gave up after a while, then stopped playing it, then came back a couple of months later and eventually completed it.

Kick ass game though.

Yeh The Getaway was..pretty hardcore. Prolly one of the best games like that though, had a good story. Getaway 2 was like.. fail

Most Frustrating Video Game Moment.
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG