The online racing simulator
Most Frustrating Video Game Moment.
(78 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeh The Getaway was..pretty hardcore. Prolly one of the best games like that though, had a good story. Getaway 2 was like.. fail

The Getaway was hard mainly done to the dodgy controls I thought, and was one of the few games I actually completed.
getaway was great, and some much better than anything like gta mainly because it was based in london lol. if i remember correctly i almost completed it but got very annoyed so used a cheat and then used it for messing around lol just like i did in gta vice city and san andreas lol
#53 - T.J.
MIRRORS EDGE DEMO: I used a day to find out how to jump to the chopper that was just in front of the character... I felt stupid when I found out..
Seriously no-one ?
Mafia : That racing mission was pretty hard + there were some other missions too..
Yes. .I remember Driver and Driver2 weren't easy.. Also remember THPS2 ;D but i can't describe the exact things..
Hmm.
Tomb Raider 2 : Venice mission I think

Richard Burns Rally : when I actually got near a wr in that short UK track Or just completing Noiker in Rain.. ~8mins...

Actually.. ill think.. and if I remember. (my memories wierd xD) I'll post again ..
I remember thinking Interstate '76 was kinda hard when I was little. I tried it again a few years later and it was fairly easy.

Could never get past the first boss in Afterburner on Sega Master System. Only my dad could get to the end of OutRun (same system), while my brother and I were at a loss. Mind you, I was 3 and he was 5 when we got that system.

I never found the Tomb Raider games terribly frustrating. I know I played the first 3 as they came out, so I would have only been 13 or 14 when I beat TR3.
Quote from evilgenius :
Mafia : That racing mission was pretty hard + there were some other missions too..

Racing mission was easy, done it in 1 try, without shortcuts.
I don´t get why everyone says it´s hard tbfh.
some missions were hard though, but it was a cool game.
My most frustrating game moment (or rather duration, kept me awake till 4 in the morning) was the last driving revolution mission in Enthusia on the PS2. You had to steer a Caterham through a mini oval with a wide corner at the beginning and a slow corner at the end.
Sounds easy, but it's not for two reasons: the Caterham keeps accelerating and you have to use only steering and the handbrake to get round.
And there were (like in every DR mission) checkpoints every few yards you'd have to hit at a certain speed. Them being only fifth to a third of the trackwidth didn't help either.

Still managed to win it with a perfect score, but man was I sweaty and frustrated till I got there.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Racing mission was easy, done it in 1 try, without shortcuts.

I think I remembered.... there was a bug or some compability issue with that mission.. That's why it was EXTRA hard when I played it.. I know on my friends pc, you just COULDN'T win there...
Oh .. with NFSU on his pc was lol... There was one race which was unreal to beat.. But home on my pc... I cleared it with 2nd try ;D
Quote from T.J. :MIRRORS EDGE DEMO: I used a day to find out how to jump to the chopper that was just in front of the character... I felt stupid when I found out..

That game is.. LUSH.

Enthusia was for people who were like yeah "GT4 is a sim". Enthusia is the console LFS, imo.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Racing mission was easy, done it in 1 try, without shortcuts.

Yeah Mafia was a great gaem, actually completed the race, some time ago with my g25 xD

Anyway, the mission on Lucky Bastard at the docks was just plain annoying.
Was that the one where there was the little cut-scene where he blew the tanker up with his cigarrette? That was a challenging mission lol
I played so many diffrent games, but i remember

Turok: Seed Of Evil:tired:
because its levels were so damn ultra complex, I think i only made it completly through the first level, some party of the second, and it always took 1-2 hours just for that, I think it had like 6 levels in total?

Pokemon Yellow
catching Snorlax the first time, didn't know that there were two in the game

Aerofighters Assault

the Fortress level, took quite a time till i had the right tactic (leave the energie shields intact to protect yourself):biggun:
Quote from Forbin :Only my dad could get to the end of OutRun (same system), while my brother and I were at a loss. Mind you, I was 3 and he was 5 when we got that system.

i still absolutely love that game and fairly recently spent several days playing it until i could reache the end on the easiest route of the arcade version
the 2006 remix of magical sound shower has got to be the second best game tune ever composed
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Was that the one where there was the little cut-scene where he blew the tanker up with his cigarrette? That was a challenging mission lol

Yea, exactly that mission.
Once i got'em down, but then i got killed by the guys who came in at the back door.
I survived that with 1 hp, and then got killed several times on the lucas mission
Quote from Thunderhead :The limo mission in the first driver game was breeze for me. I passed it first try.

But Driv3r, I gave up on the last mission, it was plain impossible.

And Driver 2- that mission in Rio, where you chase someone on a road that goes by the side of a cliff, coupled with heavy traffic, was a complete nightmare. I was pretty close to taking the cd out of the drive, eat it, and then smash my PSX with a baseball bat. (I played it on a PS1) took me around 3 months to pass that one.

I spent a whole week to pass the limo mission in Driver 1... Analyzing the track and how I would make my way through the end, seeing how the cops and so on reacted when attempting to avoid them... and I finished the game I was REALLY happy... then I upgraded my pc and lost everything and then finished it again, and got happy again
The Driver 2 mission in Rio de Janeiro wasn't that difficult, I passed on the 3rd attempt. I used to play a lot in this hill with my sister
(Driver 2 is exclusive to PS1 anyway )

But the last mission on Driver 3 is REALLY hard. I'M STILL NOT ABLE TO FINISH IT! It's like what, I've been playing it for years! When I couldn't finish it I redone the whole game and then tried finishing the last one... and still couldn't finish it! I've done every single mission from the beginning about 12 times already, but couldn't finish the last mission of this game.
I'm still trying to finish it thought. One day I'll get it..... maybe
I love the story of the driver games... I really loved it...
I never liked GTA... it was just a bunch of crap for me... that until I saw GTA IV... but.... it's still not like Driver and I like Driver more. Specially DRIV3R, because I didn't like Driver 4's story (Atari should never have sold their game to Crapsoft :irked: ) Ubisoft

Many friends of mine (really, almost all of them) used to say that every game on the GTA series is incredibly hard to finish, and they say then CAN'T (CAN'T!) finish it without cheats.
I tried GTA SA just because of them (they said it was the most difficult game, and it was the latest GTA title)... and I finished the whole game in less than a week without using cheats at all.

Personal note: I'm wake up for 29 hours already... and I'm using too much emoticons time for sleeping...
Oh yeah. the Driver talk reminded me that I back when I played it I had to cheat because I couldn't even beat the goddamn tutorial mission in the parking house.
Quote from jwardy :Tomb raider 3- london trainstation mission , never completed it ...

There are walkthroughs now. I'm guessing you were stuck either finding the penny from a vending machine or where to use it in the turnstyle area above, or possibly stuck trying to sprint to a doorway before getting hit by a train. One of these was makeable, the other was just a wind up.

Quote from evilgenius :Tomb Raider 2 : Venice mission I think

I'm guessing the timed run in the boat near the end. Lara had to raise 2 gates to clear the shortest path for this. Or you could simply avoid triggering the timer by swimming out back under the gate you entered in, instead of exiting via the ramp.

Quote from evilgenius :Oh .. with NFSU on his pc was lol... There was one race which was unreal to beat.. But home on my pc... I cleared it with 2nd try

Most likely race 103, the 7 lap race at Terminal Reverse. Due to a bug in catch up mode, the computer opponent cars were programmed to stay in front of your car by about 1 second or so, making it impossible to win unless you constantly blocked or the AI crashed near the end. It turned out that the catch up speed was limited by the top speed of the players car, so by using a car with a low top speed, but otherwise fast, would do the trick, for example a maxed out Miata with a stock transmission. The alternative was a trainer that freezed the game clock, which generally caused the AI cars to crash.

Quote from LFSn00b :Need For Speed Prostreet - Patch 1.1. I was only interested in the McLaren F1 car they done. Basically it was unbuyable as it was hidden but patching it with SAAM's thing made it buyable so i bought it, tuned it and drove it in the nevada speed challenge track.

McLaren F1, and actually most cars, were terrible for the Nevada Speed Challenge run. However the Porsche 911 Turbo could do the entire run flat out without lifting on the throttle, if you used stock suspension, which kept the car from going airborne. The McLaren F1 was the fastest grip car (almost too fast). Video of the 911 at Nevada, almost too easy: http://jeffareid.net/nfsp/nps911.wmv. Then again, the slow mo, extended crash sequences at Nevada were kinda of cool. In the second part of this video, my Zonda goes for a ride on top of another Zonda. Note that ProStreet doesn't have replays, so it was just sheer dumb luck that I happened to be doing video captures of crashes when this happened. http://jeffareid.net/nfsp/npcznd.wmv

As for myself, frustrating moments in PC games, like near the end of Far Cry can be solved with a trainer. My worst experience was with an old Atari 800 game called PitFall 2, a timed sequence where in order to collect the rope, you had to run and jump a series of platforms, while bats came at you requiring you time the jumps to go over the bats as well as the gaps, with a somewhat inconsitent controller trigger. I finally got past this, but it took hours. I eventually patched the game to disable the collsion dectection, my first game hack, which I gave to my neices when they played the game.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Oh yeah. the Driver talk reminded me that I back when I played it I had to cheat because I couldn't even beat the goddamn tutorial mission in the parking house.

Oh yeah, it took me a lot of time to get it done correctly too
Because I quite didn't understand what I was supposed to do I saw that list of things on the screen and wondered why it was there
Just after some hours playing (trying to understand that mission) I noticed I was supposed to pass on the items of that list... after that I had no other problems
One that comes to mind (out of millions of frustrating moments) is the last level in far cry. I decided i would finish far cry for the first time a few weeks ago and i did it on the hardest setting. I must have tried 50 times to get past those big dudes with the rocket launchers. Far Cry was a good game until those mutants turned up.

And a prince of persia game i was playing on ps2 required me to do a jump right after a save game that i didnt have enough health for. Either that or i was doing it wrong either way i gave up.
Richard Burns Rally. Getting all the way to the last stage of a rally and leading comfortabley and then losing focus and rolling it or running into a tree/fence/spectator, meaning having to retire. Especially getting a long way through Noiker or Noiker reverse and then having to retire. That is particularly frustrating. Seems to rain on that stage a lot for me which is slightly irritating too!
1.im playing MOH:airborne at the hardest difficulity and im in the last(atleast it should be) mission and i have to escape from a dark place with explosives and lots and lots of the hardest enemyes on the game. i just hate it, ive died so many times in it and i just go mad when i kepp failing

2. well all of the usual, when you keep failing at the same place many times
BattleField Modern Combat Online For PS2

Uh this game annoys me.

Everytime i get a good score such as 20kills 0 deaths i end up losing it because i had to sneeze. Stupid snipers....

But what frustrates me the most is teamkillers.
They annoy me so much that i usually go after them untill they get annoyed and leave
Quote from 91mason91 :BattleField Modern Combat Online For PS2

Uh this game annoys me.

Everytime i get a good score such as 20kills 0 deaths i end up losing it because i had to sneeze. Stupid snipers....

But what frustrates me the most is teamkillers.
They annoy me so much that i usually go after them untill they get annoyed and leave

i had that game too, i found it frustrating that i always inmediatly got shot down in a helicopter
Quote from G!NhO :i had that game too, i found it frustrating that i always inmediatly got shot down in a helicopter

I only Use the helicopters for suicide missions

Strap some C4 on the side, fly it, swoop down to ur target, jump out, deploy parachute, then set ur C4 off
I think the most frustrating moment for me was when I just had installed the f1 GTR2002 (or something like that) mod for F1 2002 (iirc). I took the porsche around monaco and was expecting something better than sportcar gt with its auto-spin after x angle but instead it was just as bad. The worst part was that I had to donwload the whole mod with a modem which iirc took quite a few hours. That caused me to go back to gpl for quite a few years, being totally disappointed by how badly racing sim were begin developed (which really lasted to this day).

Oh and then there is GTA3SA. In the mission where you rob a bank and then go to the roof to find a parachute. Well, the parachute doesn't work no matter how I tried... plus all the flying missions, pure pain! Every bit of flying sucks so bad in SA...

Most Frustrating Video Game Moment.
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG