The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z3 - online compatible (no VW)
(74 posts, closed, started )
AND kicks XRG too. Same as above.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Why do the tyres just-so-happen to turn orange when braking?

The orange detects anti-blocking wheel
Quote from nesrulz :MaksNet & SERT S2 server, DEDI Z3, LFS Z3, auto kick when Join in XFG, with or without ABS...

BUG?

Same thing happens here but on "[SKH]FairPlay Demo" server. When i click join i get an error message saying "Lost connection to host". The host is using Z3.
Thanks Scawen =)
I've tried 6 servers and can't join with either XFG or XRG, but i can with other cars. I get automatic "Lost connection to host" with those 2.
Great patch Scawen! Lots of updates that I havn't heard or thought about, ABS will be good - has anyone done any comparisons of ABS vs Non-ABS?
Scawen, in one training lesson "Braking - GTI" you have ABS enabled so you can push the brake as much as possible and you will not lock your wheels, so the lesson is kind of unnecessary.
Same bug as above for FBM.
alot of problems for me, btw i get the green bars and all kind of other things in the 16bit mode, when i change to 32 its gone, but the other things are still wrong. GeForce FX 5500
Attached images
lfs_00000042.jpg
lfs_00000043.jpg
lfs_00000044.jpg
lfs_00000045.jpg
lfs_00000046.jpg
ABS is nicely implemented. F9 panel shows it per wheel.
#37 - troy
Is the abs really working right? I can now just crank up the fz5 brake force to the max value brake really hard and not flatspot my tyres, I don't think that would work as well in reality.
Scawen,
I would like to request that an InSim Player flag be added for the ABS. This would be nice for leagues to use to restrict whether the use of ABS is allowed or not.
#39 - Juls
WOW, like the shadows, cars are not flying anymore!

I have a probleme here with this version. I use a quite old graphic card (GeForce fx 5200) but until now it was working very well (80 fps with low quality).

Now most of the screen is blinking and there are artefacts in textures. But it seems this blinking only affects objects depending how far they are from the camera.

edit: I see the same things like Danas.
Quote from Hyperactive :Does theABS work like a racing ABS or is it like an ABS found in road cars (with "slower" computer and less allowance for slip). EDIT: I hope it isn't some ABS which takes it data directly from the physics and allows perfect braking at peak grip at all times... :/

Doesn't RAC have ABS?

It judges when to reduce the brake pressure only from the wheel speeds, like like a real ABS system.
There is no "cheating" by direct access to the tyres slip situation or whatever.

Quote from Furiously-Fast :Why do the tyres just-so-happen to turn orange when braking?

They go orange when the ABS reduces the brake pressure.

Quote from Nadeo4441 :As i excepted... I cannot see gauges in car ,rubber , textures sometimes going crazy like in viewer( i reported that). My graphics card is nV FX5700, i think thats the problem

Right, thanks for that. Looks like this is a serious problem to investigate.

Quote from diablo21 :The rear plate on LX4 goes through the spare wheel =)

Yes, that is already noted. I should have put that in a known issues section.

Quote from nesrulz :MaksNet & SERT S2 server, DEDI Z3, LFS Z3, auto kick when Join in XFG, with or without ABS...

BUG?

OK, apparently this problem is with all demo cars and I'll look into that quickly.
Ehm.. kinda "testing to the max" the roll over was SO MEANT TO HAPPEN! - ok that's the excuse now picture:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6691/lfsbug2hz9.jpg

shouldn't you have some kind of shadows, for those ... metal bars or whatever you would call em that link the wheels to the body?
Quote from Danas :alot of problems for me, btw i get the green bars and all kind of other things in the 16bit mode, when i change to 32 its gone, but the other things are still wrong. GeForce FX 5500

Quote from Juls :WOW, like the shadows, cars are not flying anymore!

I have a probleme here with this version. I use a quite old graphic card (GeForce fx 5200) but until now it was working very well (80 fps with low quality).

Now most of the screen is blinking and there are artefacts in textures. But it seems this blinking only affects objects depending how far they are from the camera.

edit: I see the same things like Danas.

Seriously, guys, why haven't you reported what graphics drivers you are using (what version number)? Nvidia just made new drivers available. Are you using those and did the problems start with the new drivers or with the new version of LFS?
I got the same problem as Danas, the one where from the view where you only see the wheels, you don't see the brake discs (last picture).
I have already reported the driver version i use, i can repeat it again if you want (93.71) i used the new drivers, but my pc apparently cant handle it or something, pc starts lagging, i couldnt even turn on the CMX viewer to check if everything works normal(i reported in the VW annnouncment thread that i have the same problems in the 0.6A CMX viewer) maybe someone uses the new drivers and has the same problem?. The old version of lfs works flawlessly.
I can't execute the executable.
It says it's unsupported and it's only 320kb, while it says it shoulf be 1.6 MB here...

EDIT:

For some weird reason it now went ok.
hi, i checked out the abs and its a good idea BUT:

the reaction of ABS in relation to reallife is too good, maybe you can make it a bit slower?

and this is the next thing i want to ask:
can you make a server command to restrict electronic helps like ABS and TC?

tante edith: checked this graphical problems some have here with my older gfx xards, had no problems with geforce 6,7,8 and 9 series with standard driver settings
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :hi, i checked out the abs and its a good idea
can you make a server command to restrict electronic helps like ABS and TC?

Was just about to ask the same thing
I'll confirm the car error....CoRe server patched to Z3, joining race at the game setup screen with XRG, XFG, & FBM results in instant lost connection.

Also, see attached for a weird shadow thing at Fern Bay (last corner on Club).

EDIT: ATi Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (please don't poke fun at me :tilt, Cat 8.9 drivers
Attached images
S2Z3_shadow_error1.PNG
#50 - XmaX
The rotating brake discs are a good idea, but you dont see them rotate because there are only a grey circle, maybe you can add some holes in the discs to see they are rotate or something...

sorry for bad english

Greetings from germany, Max
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z3 - online compatible (no VW)
(74 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG