The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z3 - online compatible (no VW)
(74 posts, closed, started )
Also getting the instant lost connection in CTRA when I join track. I can spec just fine, but can not race.
I'm getting some weird shadows "extensions" here, see attachment. The shadows seem to work alright and are very nice, but there's those things as well. Seems to happen with all cars and tracks (can check all possibilities if wanted). Also I get the same problem LiveForBoobs reported.

Radeon 9600 Pro on Omega 3.8.442 here (should I update? :shrug.

Edit: hmm Banshee has those as well....

Attached images
weirdshadows1.jpg
weirdshadows2.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Improved wheel drawing system including rotating brake discs

W00T! Thanks! Finally drilled rotors will look real now!
#54 - Byku
Quote from XmaX :The rotating brake discs are a good idea, but you dont see them rotate because there are only a grey circle, maybe you can add some holes in the discs to see they are rotate or something...

sorry for bad english

Greetings from germany, Max

There are dds files with brake discs with holes in it, just search LFS Databse . Yeah the reaction of ABS could be a bit slower ... although i have to say that a like the idea of abs.

Edit. It has to be something with Your drivers... or graphic card maybe. I don't have such a problem on BW or any other track(Radeon HD4800, 8.12 ati drivers.):
Attached images
dude.JPG
-
(Zipppy) DELETED by Zipppy
#55 - Jek
Liked the ABS !
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH IF YOU ARE COMPETING IN THE NDR MINI-FBM SERIES THIS EVENING, YOU WILL BE CONSTANTLY KICKED. YOU MUST HAVE A PATCH Z'0' INSTALL.

EDIT: That should be in caps ty.
Thanks! I will try it
im also getting similar problems with the graphics as some people, some skid marks (haha) disappearing and reappearing, also no needles, and a strange green tint to some of the clocks, also have an fx series graphics card, common occurance here?

p.s also gettin a lot of disturbance with many objects on the track, like barriers and things
Nice patch, Scawen!

6600GT with 94.24 drivers here, no display problems whatsoever. The ambient shadows look very nice, too, and seem to be implemented in a way that is a good compromise between performance and realism.

The ABS is from my first impression pretty realistic and brings a LOT of stability to braking. The affected cars' brake setup will probably become pretty trivial from now on, considering how having a slightly off brake balance and strength don't seem to matter that much anymore. That said, I'm not sure how a real ABS system would handle a 2000Nm strength brake at 50% balance; my guess is it wouldn't handle it quite as well as the LFS implementation does (the car stays completely drivable).

What I think you have to be (and probably are) prepared for is a lot of whining regarding ABS. It will have a profound impact on how these cars are driven and as always when something changes, whining ensues. I just hope that some people can see the good side of it, like it ultimately resulting in a better road car simulation as well as hopefully reducing T1 incidents a bit.
#60 - msk
Another bug? When tried to join with FMB on server with "Z", "Z2" and"Z3" dedi powered i got "Lost connection to host" message. I tried on three different servers.
I'm testing ABS on XRT and I found a possible fail.

If I put brake bias at 50%, when I brake at maxium ABS does not work

Suggeriment, can you put new flag on OutGauge for ABS and EPS (if scirocco has), thanks.
Quote from Napalm Candy :I'm testing ABS on XRT and I found a possible fail.

If I put brake bias at 50%, when I brake at maxium ABS does not work

It works perfectly fine, what are you talking about?

E: In case you don't know, if you put the brake bias back the rear brakes will have more strength and the front brakes will have less. This may cause the front brakes to not lock up at all (no ABS engaging), simply because they don't have enough strength. If you set the brake strength to 1000Nm and the balance to 50%, both front and rear will get 500Nm each. If you set it to 75%, the front will have 750Nm and the back only 250Nm. I'm pretty sure it works that, or in a similar way.
Quote from msk :Another bug? When tried to join with FMB on server with "Z", "Z2" and"Z3" dedi powered i got "Lost connection to host" message. I tried on three different servers.

Quote from J@tko :DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH IF YOU ARE COMPETING IN THE NDR MINI-FBM SERIES THIS EVENING, YOU WILL BE CONSTANTLY KICKED. YOU MUST HAVE A PATCH Z'0' INSTALL.

EDIT: That should be in caps ty.

:doh:
ABS in LFS, that's blasphemy I tell you!

Is there going to be an option for ABS ban, or is that something you need to have some sort of insim thingy for?
Quote from Blackout :ABS in LFS, that's blasphemy I tell you!

Tristan has already booked himself into the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland.
I was just thinking; with ABS, this'll be the ideal patch for Kev

Placed booked in clinic, don't worry.
Just an update on my own post: when using the "in car" view I don't see my own shadow problems, but I still see the other cars'.

On custom view, the Y offset must be lower than -1604 (-1605 and so on) for it to manifest on the car I'm looking (with the XRT anyway).
wooohooo testing 4 bugs...

thx scawen!
bug?
Hello, I cant see brakes when I press "f" on inside view, when camera is outside everything is ok.

Click

Click

And how it was before patch:
Click

And ABS is not working, when driving backwards. (I mean on "R" gear)
Quote from tristancliffe :I was just thinking; with ABS, this'll be the ideal patch for Kev

Jakqui's the one who races with "brake help" switched on.

Actually, how do you figure out where the limit is if you've got ABS reducing the braking force you're applying?
Quote from Darck.pl :Hello, I cant see brakes when I press "f" on inside view, when camera is outside everything is ok.

Click

Click

And how it was before patch:
Click

Not a bug, more of an optimization. Also consider that now the brake disc is probably attached to the rim drawing system to make it rotate with the wheel. The rims aren't drawn from the backside either.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Actually, how do you figure out where the limit is if you've got ABS reducing the braking force you're applying?

I'm not sure, but atleast my wheel seems to start shake when I tested it in the FZ5. It's a bit weird, as you should feel that with your foot but then nobody has force feedback pedals that would kick them back.
Test Patch Z4
Thank you for the testing.

I've tried to fix the two most important bugs already.

1) It is now possible to join using a demo car

2) I've tried to fix the crazy polygons bug by removing one small optimisation - no idea if it will work - please test if you had that problem

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51351
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z3 - online compatible (no VW)
(74 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG