The online racing simulator
Playstation Home
(90 posts, started )
Quote from Migz :PS3 has been devoloping this for ages.
If anything, 360 copied PS3 with this idea.

And the 360 avatar and dashboard is quite wii'ish imo, and the opinion of alot of my friends.

So if PS3 was copying 360 with this idea, then 360 was copying Wii..

And anyways the 360 thing is just sort of avatars on your dashboard. Where as home is a sort of built in second life on the PS3.

Well, far be it from me to judge, but I think the new 360 dashboard looks like something out of Viva Pinata~. It's probbably good to some, but to the non children among us, I prefered the old one. Where's the option to switch between styles? Then everyone could be happy. I've had no experience of the Wii online so I cannot comment regarding that. But the console itself is infinitly better than a 360 or PS3. (For a week)
Dammit, can't sign in! Probably too busy.
The network has been down for a while. Most optimistic people believe that it is because they are loading up the pshome servers.
#29 - Migz
Quote from TiJay :I don't understand the point of this, it just seems like a 3D menu with an avatar to navigate with? And other people wandering around...?

It's pretty much a PS3 Second Life. You can walk around, chat to people, make friends, go watch a movie in a cinema (i think), make your apartment look however you want, go into peoples trohpie rooms and see their trophies in 3D, play minigames with other people.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, far be it from me to judge, but I think the new 360 dashboard looks like something out of Viva Pinata~. It's probbably good to some, but to the non children among us, I prefered the old one. Where's the option to switch between styles? Then everyone could be happy. I've had no experience of the Wii online so I cannot comment regarding that. But the console itself is infinitly better than a 360 or PS3. (For a week)

I was going to call it childish but i thought someone would shout at me for it so i just called it wii'ish instead.
But thats exactly what i mean, the new 360 dashboard is just childish.
But Home isnt going to be childish, it wont have cute and round avatars like wii/360 has. Its more human avatars.
#30 - Migz
Double Post!
XD
Home is now out!
PS3 Users with the newest update should just reboot their PS3 and the home icon should be there. Then they just have to download a 77mb file and your on XD
Ahhh im only 7% in. The tension is killing me!
Downloading now. Oh if u want to know my psn it is racer_xr2
Quote from Luke.S :Downloading now. Oh if u want to know my psn it is racer_xr2

Where the fudge do you d/l it?
#33 - Migz
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Where the fudge do you d/l it?

Make sure your up to the latest update.
Then just restart your PS3. Should be under network.

Quote from Luke.S :Downloading now. Oh if u want to know my psn it is racer_xr2

I shall add you when i can get back onto the XMB.
I got it but it won't let me connect once into home. Says there is a network error.
#35 - Migz
Quote from Gills4life :I got it but it won't let me connect once into home. Says there is a network error.

Yeah seems everyone over on the forum is getting that error.
Server overload im guessing :/
is it free?

ill take my ps3 back home and download it
Yes, it's free, there is likely to be some "pay" content in the future, but at the moment it's all (heavily) ad supported.
So it's a really slow, clunky and difficult to navigate menu system, populated by morons who TYPE IN CAPITALS and use 'lol' as punctuation, plastered with adverts.

Give me Windows any day.
Quote from Crashgate3 :So it's a really slow, clunky and difficult to navigate menu system, populated by morons who TYPE IN CAPITALS and use 'lol' as punctuation, plastered with adverts.

Give me Windows any day.

Windows is an OS, home is a social networking software addon, wheres the comparison?
Is the completely blinkered view of everything that you don't take part in really necessary?

Secondly, please tell me you're not suggesting that Windows isn't also "populated by morons who TYPE IN CAPITALS and use 'lol' as punctuation" and that websites and games aren't "plastered with adverts"? Seriously.
I am quickly coming to the conclusion that Crashgate3 is a tool
Sorry, I'll admit I was being a bit of a dick with that post before.
Ha, finally got connected. This is quite impressive for a free game. Gotta like dancing to the 'in your hands-remix' song. It's something that just sticks in your head!
I get a network error:

Your connection to the server was lost

C-931

=/
Quote from Alex_Ward :I get a network error:

Your connection to the server was lost

C-931

=/

That just means theres high server trafic, you gotta keep trying to connect
Quote from niall09 :Plug in and play is hard?

Do you think paying €20 a month* to play online is good?

*may not be true

At the least it works
I have no lag on my ps3.

Works well now. Lets me connect every time. Still only beta.
you have to pay for every bit of content on home , that sucks i admit but still pretty cool for a free game
?? I havent payed for anything and I can do anything I want on there.

Playstation Home
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG