The online racing simulator

Poll : Does something need to be done about pl0nk4s in LFS?

Yes, I beleive something needs to be done about fools In LFS
No, I believe theres not rally a problem of fools in LFS
Im on the fence, and will see what happens before I make a final decision
The Attitudes of Racers Today...
Today has gone like this

3:45pm - Back from school
4.00pm - 7.30pm - CSS
7.30pm - 8.30pm - Dinner and a bit of TV
8.30pm Onwards - LFS.

My favirote Cops N Robbers server been full till about 9.15pm, when I joined.
Hoping for some fun, I was shocked to see 3 or 4 people who obviously hadn't regarded the server rules, which are quite visible when connecting to the server, or who had no sense to brake when exiting the pits.

One guy, who wanted to be a cop, but couldnt get any skins was told - "no, You cant be a cop, you have no skins, server rules sorry."
However, he took this as a sign to the purpusfully ram people at 100mph... illepall

Another, Who would wait in the pits for you to exit, and then decide to ram your car, so leaving it very much damaged before you even get to the end.

When I left to help water the garden ( ), I returned to find my FZ50, which I had purpefully parked in the top corner of the map, hidden behind 3 layers of barricades, destroyed and literally, Undrivable. Why? it wasnt in anyones way, and even flying through the barries couldnt have reached as i tried to make sure it would be safe, so obviously some had purposfully done it.

When I go my S1 licence some time ago, I cant recall any stupid behaviour such as this. I remeber silly fun and games, which when organised is a welcome change of pace, but since the release of S2, I have noticed a bunch of (sorry to seem rude) outright pillocks get their Licences.
Today I lashed out, and shouldnt have. Thinking back I realise that I shouldnt have let the situation get the better of me. I was so frustrated - Like when you try to build a tower of card ands they keep falling down.

Yes, i agree, we all have off days, and days where we get ticked off by something, and find it hard to extract our anger, but I find it incresingly difficult to enjoy LFS with such plain and simple idiots who use such methods for fun.

Yes, I mess about too, but rarely hit anybody but the wall, and when I do hit the wall I instantly pit as to avoid hitting another player.
If I do hit someone, I allways apolgise.

People should be made aware that when you buy an S2 licence, very clearly in Big, Bold Letters, you shouldnt go around crashing, or ruining other racers time, That that is plain UNACCEPTABLE, and that doing so, you should lose your licence for a considerable amount of time. (like 6 months for multiple and sustainable complaints.

Many servers are made on a pc temporarily, (made by me or you for example) and despite of this "wreckers barricade", One would assume that you need to spend time setting it up for your own temporarry server.
Many people who run servers occasionaly havent got the time to faf about when their server will be up for say 10 hours a week.

Many posts such as this have came up, and we have lost some good people for various reasons.
I feel, if something is not done to stop the idiots in LFS, then it wil fail.
An excellent game, and excellent people who made it - (a few) idiots that play it and make it ####

EDIT : Rethinking, I think that like in GT4 and the like, you have licence tests. You should me forced to complete sections of the training before you can use that paticualar car. I have done all but 2 tests an that took me about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, so not forever. I do believ this has made me a better driver in LFS, and more aware as a cause. If people are made to do this, it will teach them the ropes, and how to be a more observant and thoughtfull.
Sorry, but...what should this thread achieve?
A discusion on attidtes of racers today, as the thread is titled
Ok, then I state my opinion: I dont think, its that big of a problem.

There are ocasionally idiots/wreckers, but they are IMO still very rare on S2 servers. YOu have to distinguish between intentional wreckers, who really do it on purpose and beginners, who try to be good and cause no problems, but dont manage that yet.
Well, A mixture, but i think if left unchecked, it will escalate into a problem beyond our controls. which Is why i proposed the training as a sort of licence test. If you were a beginer, I'd aslo doubt ud try an LX6, I only just magaed to handle it ... Just
#6 - -wes-
Yes a lot of drivers have a me first attitude, lots of hot heads winning at the first bend or just thinking they own the track.

Fools driving backwards around the track when people have yet to finnish.

Oh and people going AFk and leaving their car parked near the track.

You need to use the lowest common denominator to reach internet people, just have to not let it affect you. Insanity awaits those that don't.

a licence wont make you less of a smacktard.
wait.. your saying people were crashing you in a CnR server??

what are you surprised about then?
#8 - ajp71
If you connect to a novelty server you're bound to find some degree of light hearted wrecking.
Yes, Light hearted, I most agree, If the replay was not eleventy70eight hours long I would post to show you wat I mean. Also, I was on another server for like 5 mins and people were wrecking about there too. It amkes me wonder, That NONE of the stuff like this happned back in the good Ol S1 Days
#10 - Jakg
Quote from ajp71 :If you connect to a novelty server you're bound to find some degree of light hearted wrecking.

yeah, but i know what he means, whenever the [MG] server is doing cops and robbers, there are always 2 or 3 people who refuse to read the rules, and then pretend they have, and once asked whether they did they get all defensive and drive like morons because "it make u feeeel g00d to get sum1 to read da rulez on y0 eg0"
#11 - Tick
Leaving yourself parked on a server taking up a connection whilst you water your garden?

Seems to me to be a bigger problem than someone wrecking you!

Why don't you disconnect, if the server is that busy and let someone else have a hand at it.

Tick
I am on the fence with this one. Good luck with whatever happens.
I can understand this, but I cannot see what can really be done about it? Make the sessions private and share the password with those who are trusted?
I don't really care about this kind of people, it's their problem I learned not to pay attention to it.

About the license test... I played America's Army online... And you had to complete a REAL test to get access to special rifles (full auto, sniper, ...) And these tests weren't the smallest. The first tests are easy (basic movement, shooting training)... But after that, you have to obtain a certain score on precision before you can continue to special weapons, that's not the hardest part, but to get the special weapons... You have to sit in a classroom and listen to some guy speaking, then you have a test, if you fail, you have to do the whole thing again... To get a medic license, you have to sit in three classrooms, REALLY learning how to help someone with first aid, and then another exam... It may be boring, but a lot of people, who are serious about the game, do the test, and they are really proud of it, because it's an actual accomplishment.
^^ Not really I went away for 30 minutes whilst the guy waffled on about some techincal stuff then used common sense to answer the questions, I passed every test first time without watching the lessons, call it fluke but I can't really see the accomplishment.
Maybe your english is just better, because I never got the advanced marksmanship The crap about the tanks and stuff... I was proud about my medic test though...

P.S. at least it's more of an accomplishment then accelerating and braking
Quote from sgt.flippy :Maybe your english is just better, because I never got the advanced marksmanship The crap about the tanks and stuff...

That the one with the vehicle recognition test? I passed that with a mixture of my own konwledge and looking at the posters on the walls (you get told to stop looking at them but it never punished me).
Ah well, I don't play it a lot anymore, and if I play, I only play one map... And on that map I don't need those special thingamajingies, so I can't be bothered doing it again

Back On Topic now
cops and robbers IS NOT RACING, so the thread is USELESS.
yes

and there is always the almighty hyphen (-) solution
Quote from sgt.flippy : I played America's Army online... And you had to complete a REAL test to get access to special rifles

yes, I also play AA, and me too did not only happily do the tests, I also did LEARN something

Quote from sgt.flippy :It may be boring, but a lot of people, who are serious about the game, do the test, and they are really proud of it, because it's an actual accomplishment.

Im very proud I have, and the last SF training, took me 4 hours!!!!
But Im glad ive done it, as it really has helped my gameplay, and also, I havent noticed to many noobs on AA....Training perhaps ....
I never completed the whole creeping around training level but from what I did play of AA online i found it to be full of n00bs and some really unhelpful people. In contrast I haven't found many n00bs of BF2 yet and it's supposed to be littered with them. I suppose it's to an extent down to chance, also I have been playing BF2 mainly on 32 player servers and I guess most n00bs head for the 64 player ones.
#23 - Gunn
It sounds like a fight in the schoolyard sandpit to be honest. Another useless poll.

Maybe you should try racing instead?
I don't want to go into the "cops and robbers isn't racing so it's bull" stuff... It's having fun, just as pushcross, and that's a whole lotta fun (we should put some noobs and wreckers in there... They would have their ass pro-wrecked in no time)

But I do want to go off-topic and make it a "Do we need a license test in LFS?" topic...
Cops and robbers is NOT racing. PERIOD.

Pointless thread.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG