The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Limiting car wheel turn
(77 posts, started )
Quote from Gills4life :If your wheel is not below the windscreen then where is it ? ON the windscreen ? On the ceiling ? The dashboard is surely below the windscreen which is where you would usually find the wheel

Err yeah but... Then the seat in a car is much lower than any office chair you would use to play LFS, especially in anything except a van !

Get in your car and look at exactly where the wheel is in relation to your body. I'm betting it's around chest height. Unless, like I said you drive a van or are really tall.
If it bothers you so much that your wheel and the ingame wheel don't match up, why not just turn the ingame wheel off?
Wow! That's a funny thread! The "answers" and the "suggestions" from some people are unbeleivable!
Quote from gezmoor :Err yeah but... Then the seat in a car is much lower than any office chair you would use to play LFS, especially in anything except a van !

Get in your car and look at exactly where the wheel is in relation to your body. I'm betting it's around chest height. Unless, like I said you drive a van or are really tall.

Purchase a lower seat
Quote from Gills4life :Purchase a lower seat

The height of my wheel in LFS isn't of concern to me, I never look at it (or the one on screen) anyway. I was merely stating the difference between the positioning of steering wheels/dash/seat in a real car compared to a normal pc screen/desk/office seat set up.
fair enough
I think it's a fine idea myself. Hardware varies a lot and I don't see why it would matter if there was an option to allow a virtual steering wheel match the actions of a real steering wheel. It's such a small cosmetic change that would be easy to implement and I am not sure that I can see a reason why it should not happen.

I'm not bothered by it not matching up to my real wheel myself (which has 270 degrees of rotation I think) but I would like it ever so slightly better if it did.

+1
Quote from X-Ter :Still doesn't do exactly what I was looking for, sorry
I was looking for a function that locks the virtual wheel to the same ammount of rotation as my desktop wheel. 240 degrees from lock to lock.

If you did that, then your wheels would not go from lock to lock, handicapping you.
This suggestion hasn't got anything to do with car handling or maximum lock or anything else.

What the OP means is :
- The Ingame 3D model of the (steering) wheels of XRG (for instance) has a lock of 720° (360° in each side).
- His hardware steering wheel has got a maximum lock of 270° (135° in each side).
- When he turns his hardware wheel by (let's say) 90° to the left, the ingame 3D steering wheel models turns by more than 90°. The ratio is, for instance, 90°/135° (2/3), which means, the ingame 3D model will turn 2/3 of 360 to the left, so 240°.
- Then, what he wants is to allow the model to have the same rotation angle as his hardware one (meaning that when he turns 90° to the left, the wheel will turn 90° and have the same maximum lock of 135°), but keeping the same wheels' (the one with tires) lock.

So, as a "résumé", when he turns 135° to the left, the XRG wheels (front ones) will keep their lock of 36°, but the 3D steering wheel will turn 135° instead of 360° (which will change by no means the handling of the car, it will just change how does your cockpit steering wheel model turns).
Quote from TiJay :Yeah, it's WTC at 100%. Best way to setup your DFP if you can't be bothered to dive into the configurator everythime you change cars.

I guess this is same for g25, do i need to set 900 degree inside and outside lfs.

Im sure in logitech software i have it at 720 and wtc at 1.0 i thought this was the correct way. am i wrong ?
Quote from Zen321 :This suggestion hasn't got anything to do with car handling or maximum lock or anything else.

What the OP means is :
- The Ingame 3D model of the (steering) wheels of XRG (for instance) has a lock of 720° (360° in each side).
- His hardware steering wheel has got a maximum lock of 270° (135° in each side).
- When he turns his hardware wheel by (let's say) 90° to the left, the ingame 3D steering wheel models turns by more than 90°. The ratio is, for instance, 90°/135° (2/3), which means, the ingame 3D model will turn 2/3 of 360 to the left, so 240°.
- Then, what he wants is to allow the model to have the same rotation angle as his hardware one (meaning that when he turns 90° to the left, the wheel will turn 90° and have the same maximum lock of 135°), but keeping the same wheels' (the one with tires) lock.

So, as a "résumé", when he turns 135° to the left, the XRG wheels (front ones) will keep their lock of 36°, but the 3D steering wheel will turn 135° instead of 360° (which will change by no means the handling of the car, it will just change how does your cockpit steering wheel model turns).

I knew that
Quote from Zen321 :This suggestion hasn't got anything to do with car handling or maximum lock or anything else.

What the OP means is :

+200 for that explanation(spelling)
just turn the weel and arms off and place your weel on your desk in the corosponding position
you do realise you can turn off the graphical wheel in the game? if you want cockpit view but no graphical wheel just turn it off
Quote from labtec99 :you do realise you can turn off the graphical wheel in the game?

you do realise you can bump old threads for no reason?
Quote from March Hare :

Who is the one resurrecting threads? Not me, at least not here. Look at the dates dude.
Allways the same with you lads. at least he dont create a new th asking for the same as other th hass asked.

And stop make spam ,jesus , grow up
Quote from Inouva :Allways the same with you lads. at least he dont create a new th asking for the same as other th hass asked.

And stop make spam ,jesus , grow up

WTF are you talking about?

"Always the same"? How's that?
Quote from BWX232 :WTF are you talking about?

"Always the same"? How's that?

Meaning that usually someone makes a new thread even if there is an existing one.

For example: Improvement suggestion thread "Night racing" when there are n+1 thread discussing that subject already.
Quote from BWX232 :Who is the one resurrecting threads? Not me, at least not here. Look at the dates dude.

Nope. You are not resurrecting it but are sure as hell keeping it alive.

I was just quoting your post to demostrate that this thread had been resurrected before and that your comment was applicable to this resurrection too. Clearly you missed that, dude.

Maybe I should start adding detailed explanations about what I mean to my posts so that everyone, regardless of their intellectual level, will understand them.
Quote from March Hare :Nope. You are not resurrecting it but are sure as hell keeping it alive.

I was just quoting your post to demostrate that this thread had been resurrected before and that your comment was applicable to this resurrection too. Clearly you missed that, dude.

Maybe I should start adding detailed explanations about what I mean to my posts so that everyone, regardless of their intellectual level, will understand them.

Contributing:

Just for the record, I knew exactly what you mean't when you quoted his post, You were only quoting BMW at the time because he had posted the image some months earlier, When it was first bumped. In no way were you accusing BMW of bumping it.. lol.

Heh, What? I was bored and wanted to post something.
Quote from yongyutu :

I pointlessly revived this thread

What the hell.....

/thread FFS.

Edit: correction - above user is a spambot and requires a permaban!
Quote from CodieMorgan :What the hell.....

/thread FFS.

Edit: correction - above user is a spambot and requires a permaban!

LOL! I've reported him already though.

Spinoff : Limiting car wheel turn
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG