The online racing simulator
Getting the GTRs on level terms.
The first round of the AAL gtr 2006 season was run and won last night. There were about 70 racers all up looking forward to the new series.

The reason I am making this post is to discuss the GTR cars. Unfortunately it seems that the FZR is simply miles ahead of the other 2 cars, the FXR and XRR. Up to 2 seconds a lap faster in fact. Not only that the tyre wear, it appears, is actualy better than the other cars as well.

We were all a bit puzzled by this as we were under the impression that the new patch had evened things out, when in fact the XRR can no longer keep up with the FZR where as before the patch the only one lacking was the FXR.

I am wondering if there is any chance that these cars will be sorted out any time soon? Its not a huge deal as everyone is just going to run the FZR now, but it would be nice if we could have 3 even cars just to mix things up a bit.

Has anyone else been involved in a gtr series since the new patch that can comment on the cars also?

Sorry if this has been covered already.

These were the stats from the night.

http://www.southerncrossracing ... l_gtr06_race_1_div_a.html

Qualifying was top 6 FZRs (6 FZRs in total in the race), then an XRR about 1 second behind that, then myself in an FXR about .3 behind that. THe rest were a mix of FXRs and XRRs.
Having take part in said race (despite having a total shocker lol) i agree
100 % with Righty here, the cars are still definatly unballanced which is a shame seeing as this was called out GTR 2006 series. (prolly gonna turn into the FZR 2006 now lol (yeah Shonky i keep stealing your joke lol) ) And personaly i prefer the XRR over FZR but there is no way to be competative with it . How hard would it be to even out the classes i mean just add like 20 kg to the fzr and fixed right? just change a few values...of cource hotlaps will have to be wiped again
I went with the FZR last night and it just drilled the competition.
The XRR was defenatly a lot slower than it use to be and the FXR, well forget about it.

I also would like to hear from anyone who has held some league GTR races since the new physics patch.
#4 - Bugle
For the future patches to make the cars closer Biggie needs to be made a beta tester he seems to be able to get the most out of any car.
isnt there chance to even them out your selves i guess u could try limiting the amout of FUEL the car can hold forcing it to pit more. Or maybe starting the faster cars at the back. prob won't stop them from winning but i suppose it would make it alot harder to move up.
I was also appart of this race and the FZR was just to strong for everything eles. Before the patch it was only the FXR that was lacking, now it's the XRR and FXR and the FZR seems to of gotten faster and is just as kind (if not kinder) to it's tyres.
HAahahahah

You would need to start the FZRs a lap down I think..

Div A last night everyone not in an FZR got lapped. Partly because chaz is so damn quick but more to do with the fact that the other cars were soo slow. When our races go for and hour and a half (55 laps AS national Reverse) then the FZR is going to win easy.

Bugle held the WR for the XRR on this combo and last I checked I held the WR for the FXR so we were driving them fast.. BUt it was pretty well useless.

I only brought it up becuase it would be nice to have a field of cars that were varied but were equal in terms of pace. The XRR and the FXR actually produced some good racing, but the FZR is to fast. illepall

If we could have the FZR brought back to the others or them brought up, it would be much better IMHO.
Quote from Righteous :HAahahahah

You would need to start the FZRs a lap down I think..

Div A last night everyone not in an FZR got lapped. Partly because chaz is so damn quick but more to do with the fact that the other cars were soo slow. When our races go for and hour and a half (55 laps AS national Reverse) then the FZR is going to win easy.

Bugle held the WR for the XRR on this combo and last I checked I held the WR for the FXR so we were driving them fast.. BUt it was pretty well useless.

I only brought it up becuase it would be nice to have a field of cars that were varied but were equal in terms of pace. The XRR and the FXR actually produced some good racing, but the FZR is to fast. illepall

If we could have the FZR brought back to the others or them brought up, it would be much better IMHO.

Definatly the XXR VS FXR duels were like Holden VS Ford (im not naming which represents which or we could be here all day fighting)
#9 - PeTeY
Just a post to support

It is a tad disappointing to see the FZR so far out infront, and it was the 2 WR holders for FXR and XRR that still couldn't catch it.
Yep, not like it was just one person being uber fast either. We couldnt catch ANY of the FZR's.
#11 - Woz
Why not add weight to the FZR using passengers? If you find this does balance things out we could get xKg of weight added to the FZR as a quick fix.
Quote from Woz :Why not add weight to the FZR using passengers? If you find this does balance things out we could get xKg of weight added to the FZR as a quick fix.

You cant put passengers in FZR's
The FXR can be competetive on BL1 and SO. LFS GT, n1 and ITEK were running FXRs, no XRRs, out of 8 cars, ITEK was 2nd or 3rd i think (Cropsy and The End) and we were 6th. It looked like we were going to be 5th but in the end a FZR was just faster. The next race is SO Long, the last chance for us. Then we will be just lower. Things should be improved, yes.
i was also in this race and i suck and i dominated everyone (everyone = all people not in FZR)
Just a post of support as well for the change, i drove the FXR and anyone who is a similar pace or even slightly slower is so hard to make the pass stick due to the shockingly slow straight line speed for it.

Please even these cars out Devs.
I made a poll about evening the cars out click here for thread It seems the majority want them more even but some dont.
I dont think it would be as simple as adding weight, as said they would need someone to test them all to see if they are even or if fxr is still slower etc.

I think the FZR should always be faster at WR pace but i think if fxr is driven at WR pace it shuld at least have a chance against the slower fzr drivers.
I was under the impression that the 'balance' came from the FZR having a fuel consumption issue. Maybe your races are not long enough?
As i said the race was an hour and a half. I think thats plenty long enough for a league race.

The tyre wear on the FXR and XRR is no better than the FZR, this in itself negates any fuel advantage. After all, the FZR can easily pull out a gap that covers the time needed to add extra fuel. This only take a few seconds and those in the FZR where able to make this gap in under 5 laps. When we had 55 laps, fuel really isnt an issue.

Intrestingly enough, the next race we have is at west hill, its a slightly shorter race, the FZR will need to pit for fuel, the FXR and XRR will not.
Quote from Righteous : Intrestingly enough, the next race we have is at west hill, its a slightly shorter race, the FZR will need to pit for fuel, the FXR and XRR will not.

Hardly worth it becaus they would easily make it up after a few laps a pit stop wouldnt matter. Then theres your tyres as well
The problem is, in any class, some cars needs to have advantages in certain situations, and disadvantages in others. The FZR has advantages everywhere (on tarmac anyway), so the other cars simply cannot be competitive.
Quote from Bob Smith :The FZR has advantages everywhere (on tarmac anyway), so the other cars simply cannot be competitive.

Thats exactly right.
Yup different cars should be stronger in different races but overall be close enough that they can race together. If it isn't like that (and it isn't in TBO either) then there's a problem.

Huston, there's a problem.
Quote from yegadoyai :I was under the impression that the 'balance' came from the FZR having a fuel consumption issue. Maybe your races are not long enough?

In the race mentioned at the start of this thread I could've (just) gone without needing a pit stop for petrol but the tyres wouldn't last the whole race anyway so I had to pit. So it just saves a few seconds in the pits by not having to put any more fuel in. Hardly evens it up.
have we had a chance to see how the cars compete over all the tracks yet? The next race at Westhill looks to be much more even as far as world records go. The FZ50 is still ahead, but by nowhere near as large a margin as Aston National Reverse. Even the FXO looks like it will be able to keep up.

Whatever the case, this AAL series will provide some valuable insight into how the cars differ and the LFS Developers would be wise to look on. At first I thought the differences were fair, that there had to be some difference to differentiate the cars. But I also found the weight distribution differences between the XRR and FZ50 provided enough of a unique driving style anyway.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to closer racing in the next round. Let's see how things look at the end of the series.
Here's an idea: Split the classes up.

Have in one class FZR, RAR (Raceabout GTR) and LXR in a new LRR class and the FXR, XRR and an RBR in the TBR class.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG