The online racing simulator
As a temporary measure if you still want to have mixed car grids why not just ban the one with the advantage and use the other two? It's not the same as 3 cars, but it's better than 1.

(It's a flexy wing! Ban it!)
While I agree that the FZR is still too fast compared to the others, I don't think this will get sorted by the end of the league races. It hasn't been fixed yet, and S2 is over a year old. I hope it is, but it may not be.

Why don't you guys dis-allow the FZR for the remander of the league (or until the problem is solved) so you at least have 2 different cars (XRR and FXR) capable of winning?

Damn.. Becky beat me to it :P Shoulda read the whole thread I suppose. LOL
I have an idea. Multiply the WR for that car by however many laps, and whoever gets as close to that time (or beats it by the most) wins?
I dont think, they want a hotlapping league.
That is sort of how or division sorting works a percentage of the WR or something other wise you wouldnt have the other cars in the top divisions (i dunno somone else should be able to explain it better)
Basically the division sorting is based on you percentage of the WR.

So if the WR is a 1:06 for the FZR and you get a time of 1:07, then your percentage is 100.94%

If the WR for the FXR is 1:08 and you hold that WR, then your percentage is 100%.. For this round we 2 on 100% before the end of Division sorting.

The most you could ever have would be 3 drivers on 100%..

It improves the situation of getting more variety into the divisions but then when you have qualifying on the night it sorts itself out to FZRs at the front

I dont think cars will be banned, not for me to say anyway, but it would be nice for them to be even...I think most will just race the FZR now, which is a shame because admins certainly didnt want it and I would have enjoyed a bit of variety.. Oh welll..

The League's home page is here, for those that are interested www.australasianleague.com
The FZR use to have serious tire ware and fuel use issues. Thats been fixed. Now the FZR is faster, the result of better physics over all which now just bring its advantages to light. It has its weight on the drive tires. It has a rear weight bias like an open wheel car. It has less torque and the same HP as the other GTRs, and has a higher redline. Its major advantage is simple, its basic design and lack of turbo lag combine to make it a faster car overall.

It will be nearly imposible to ballance the class in all situations, even if the cars were equal in terms of weight, power and engine size the FXR would run away as it has better grip out of corners. There is a reason why in most racing classes in the real world the cars are very similar in design and power. Its easier to ballance a class when you do not need to consider fundemental differences. Audi has been baned from nearly every class because its AWD gives it a clear advantage in most conditions.

The only thing i can think of to ballance this class is to rip the little turbo charged 4 cylinder engines out of the XRR and FXR and drop in bigger engines. The XRR can get either a V6 or I6 and the FXR should get the same Flat 6 as the FZR. Then they will be on more even footing and ballancing the class from there will be easier. This removes one of the fundimental design differences. Displacement vs Forced Induction. Neither the XRR or FXR have the low end torque to get out of the whole with gusto, like the FZR.

I race the FZR because I like the look, the drive layout and the lack of forced induction, but I woudl really like to see the other cars be on more equal footing as races are more interesting when there are different cars to choose from.
Not to mention front heavy cars are worse on braking than rear heavy cars - so FZR can always outbrake you anyway
Just remove the two worthless GTRs from the game, problem solved. The whole class is just a rotten smelly corpse of balanced racing.
Perhaps a NA V8 for the FZR, turbo V6 for the XRR, and turbo flat 6 for the fxr
Maybe consider different point allocations for results, dependant on which car you choose.
Hmmmm mmmm
can't help but feel if we could change engine parameters we would not have his problem.
put a turbo in the FZR or take it out from XRR&FXR ...
See Chaos agrees with me take out the Turbos and put larger displacement engines in the XRR and FXR but keep the engine desing similar. XRR can have an inline 6 or V6 and the FXR can get the same Flat 6 that the FZR has. Then they would have torque and power curves that are more closely matched. This would provide a more equal base to tweak from. One thise is similar then accounting for the different handeling charistics in the vehicle designes will easier.
well... scawen mentioned he was thinking about giving the fz a non sequential tranny and giving the xrr and fxr true sequential transmissions. of course this wont be untill the next noncompatible patch coming soon..
I like to compare the GTR's to the BelCar I'm familiar with. BelCar is a little more high powered (about an extra 100-200 HP), and there are 2 Corvette's racing there... Well, those two cars have no problem running an extra lap in a 2 hour race from the car behind them. So in real life, the difference is even a lot bigger!
Check out my LFSWorld stats if you don't believe me...
My Aston National stats:

Laps done in XRR... 3215 laps
Personal best with XRR... 1:42.98

Laps done in FZR... 23 laps
Personal best in FZR... 1:42.89

:faint:

I had my first ever race in FZR last night and I beat my all time best XRR time with the basic Race_S setup in under 20 laps.
I think that in S3 the system will be something like this. New cars (yes, the only way to solve this)in bold. The names should be self-explanatory)

LRFR class : FZR, RAR, LXR (LX6 based).
TBOR class : FXR, XRR, RBR

UFR and XFR unchanged.
Quote from duke_toaster :I think that in S3 the system will be something like this. New cars (yes, the only way to solve this)in bold. The names should be self-explanatory)

LRFR class : FZR, RAR, LXR (LX6 based).
TBOR class : FXR, XRR, RBR

UFR and XFR unchanged.

Now THAT i like i was actually thinking RBR myself vs fxr and xrr but not the lxr and rar (damn the RAR would be sweet!)

i vote 1 for this guys suggestion

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG