The online racing simulator
Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
is it possible to allowed 2nd power unit? it make hybrid power train & E-4WD possible!
front trailing arm & swing arm should be allow
I think one very cool feature will be setting in the server settings or something to allow only certain mods, and in the game -> Mods button to have an filter - Allowed mods in this server. by this way we will know which mods we are able to drive. This will be very useful in cruise servers like TC.
-
(versiu) DELETED by versiu : wrong topic
Can we have an option to filter out original creations from LFS vanilla car mods, both in-game and on the website? Before uploading, you'd have to state if your car was built from scratch, or modified an existing vehicle.

Apologies if this has already been suggested.
We are working on various things to try to sort out the situation as we don't really want hundreds of car mods that are just LFS cars with tiny changes. It's not really what we intend with the mods system. It's kind of annoying when you want to see real mods in the list of mods but you just see dozens of mods that look as if they've had about 10 minutes of thought put into them.

A proper mod takes weeks of work. We are trying to work on how to get this idea across to people and be able to hide the rubbish out of the mods list. It's our main focus at the moment.

It's also annoying as a reviewer, getting notifications of new mods, and "oh it's another XR turbo with 6 cylinders". Or mods that are updated countless times within one day. We are learning a lot in these last couple of days.

Anyone who has submitted quick updates of LFS cars with little or no body changes, please feel free to delete them, whether they have been published or not. It reduces the workload on the developers and our volunteers.

We have found that the rating system is providing very useful information. Apparently the community isn't very interested in LFS cars with slight engine changes. That's good because the developers and reviewers aren't very interested in them either. Smile
This might not be what I had in mind Tongue.
I thought of the possibility to display only a specific type of mods, like the tickbox "Show only original content", or an option to "Show only cars based on: XRT", for example.

I don't mind various engine-only mods, various versions of the car handling might be useful when trying to balance out the cars in testing for league racing.
I'd prefer to keep mods with minimal changes. BeamNG hs a great sorting system for all that stuff, why not use their mod system s inspiration?
Quote from BeNoM :I'd prefer to keep mods with minimal changes. BeamNG hs a great sorting system for all that stuff, why not use their mod system s inspiration?

I'm checking their Mods - Vehicles page, is it the "Configurations" subsection that they use for modifications of existing original cars?

By the way, I like how they show the Updates tab with all history of changes, also integrated discussion thread on the mod page.
Quote from Flame CZE :I'm checking their Mods - Vehicles page, is it the "Configurations" subsection that they use for modifications of existing original cars?

By the way, I like how they show the Updates tab with all history of changes, also integrated discussion thread on the mod page.

From memory I think yes, it is the configurations section. They have done integrated mod support really well honestly.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Quote from Scawen :We are working on various things to try to sort out the situation as we don't really want hundreds of car mods that are just LFS cars with tiny changes. It's not really what we intend with the mods system. It's kind of annoying when you want to see real mods in the list of mods but you just see dozens of mods that look as if they've had about 10 minutes of thought put into them.

A proper mod takes weeks of work. We are trying to work on how to get this idea across to people and be able to hide the rubbish out of the mods list. It's our main focus at the moment.

It's also annoying as a reviewer, getting notifications of new mods, and "oh it's another XR turbo with 6 cylinders". Or mods that are updated countless times within one day. We are learning a lot in these last couple of days.

Anyone who has submitted quick updates of LFS cars with little or no body changes, please feel free to delete them, whether they have been published or not. It reduces the workload on the developers and our volunteers.

We have found that the rating system is providing very useful information. Apparently the community isn't very interested in LFS cars with slight engine changes. That's good because the developers and reviewers aren't very interested in them either. Smile

maybe just make a independent page for all LFS car tunning?
Mod allowed server allowed option suggestion:

engine resistance: from % to actual power---fuel or air flow etc, this make different cars have the same power out put limited

car allowed: host can set only few types of mod car allowed

car type allowed: on limited car type(sallon, GT...), engine capacity, weight, kw....etc, all car suit the limit can join
Quote from knzzlfs :Seria possível adicionar uma opção de válvulas variáveis ​​(Motor K20 da VTEC Honda, por exemplo) nas configurações do motor?
Algo que me permite aumentar o torque em uma determinada rotação (RPM).
Uma dica, por exemplo, seria negar o tipo de dano no motor ao atingir a rotação "X", melhorando assim o torque e, dito isso, a potência também

I don't know Portuguese, but I can make out enough of this post to be very much in agreement. Since we can play with cam profiles in Editor, it'd be great to have a secondary cam profile that can be changed over to at a chosen RPM. excellent way to simulate VVL/VTEC/VVTL-i and I'd be incredibly excited to see this officially supported. K20 all the cars!
Quote from Victor :An idea I had when in early development was to create a public mod comments thread for each mod on the forum. All functionality we need is there already - subscribe, notifications, etc.

Then on the mod's details page, I can simply display the same thread with all the same functionality you find here on the forum. It would simply be a forum thread, just displayed on the mod's details page (as well as the forum).

Think this would be useful, else maybe a section for "Car mod bugs"?

I downloaded the BACALHAU car by Henricat2006, which seems to be designed with driver on left, but, if like me (and others that drive in Britain, etc) and you have driver on right hand side of car, then some of the dashboard is in reverse. So labels, trip meter, radio dial, etc, are back to front. But not speedometer, rev counter and fuel gauge.

Sorry, but image from MSPaint is very dark

Or is this a bug in the mod editor?
Attached images
Bacalhau.png
Quote from sinanju :Think this would be useful, else maybe a section for "Car mod bugs"?

I downloaded the BACALHAU car by Henricat2006, which seems to be designed with driver on left, but, if like me (and others that drive in Britain, etc) and you have driver on right hand side of car, then some of the dashboard is in reverse. So labels, trip meter, radio dial, etc, are back to front. But not speedometer, rev counter and fuel gauge.

Sorry, but image from MSPaint is very dark

Or is this a bug in the mod editor?

I have to study this part better, I still don't understand what to do with these textures that end up being inverted, I believe it's my fault.
There is a special way to name mappings to avoid them being flipped, though I have not documented this so far.

In these cases they are not flipped:

- Refer to Skin cutout
- Refer to Mirror or Dash cutout
- Mapping name starts "U_"
Little feature request:

Would it be possible to add the skin id + name to the F11 or F12 page so we can see what cars other people are driving? It's impossible to tell from the shape anymore.
In the garage-screen, on the right side there are two buttons to select a car:
"Mods"
"Car"

I suggest to remove the "Mods" button.
It is potentially confusing to have it in the garage/setup screen. To new players "Mods" might read like more setup or tuning options. (like installing a different engine)
But then they suddendly get this whole list of random cars in various stages of completeness.

There is still the "Mods" button on the car-selection screen, which is imo the place where it belongs.
Quote from Gutholz :
There is still the "Mods" button on the car-selection screen, which is imo the place where it belongs.

On one hand that is true, but on the other hand this just places an unnecessary click. For a new player, one button opens one list of random cars which are official LFS cars, the other button opens a different list of random cars but as the button suggests, those are mods. That's just my opinion.
MOD choice screen
It's not going to be too long before there are so many modded cars on the car MODS page when in game, that you'll end up scrolling a huge long list (with graphics and details) of different cars.

Maybe worth splitting up car categories such as when you click the category, only cars that belong there, appear?

For example:

My MSPaint skills lack a lot!

Edit
----
Alt layout with options on right hand side moved down so all 3 columns start on same height.
Attached images
LFS Mod Choice Screen.png
LFS Mod Choice Screen alt.png
And maybe the order of the car details changed, such that car type at top, then followed by how car powered / gearbox data?

What does the 0-- (0-0, -0-, etc) signify?
Attached images
LFS Car details pane.png
Quote from sinanju :What does the 0-- (0-0, -0-, etc) signify?

Driver position (left-centre-right)
Can we get "favorite" button or similar in-game so it saves mods to a different tab, so you don't have to scroll or search thru all of them?
Something that would be nice is a small review section underneath the modded car listings. Not everyone is making their own forum thread for feedback on their cars. I understand that and they shouldn't need too. BUT some feedback on some of the mods to make them better would be nice for the creator to see.
could it have a option that only show the top surface points? it is impossible to take the point I want like this.....
Attached images
lfs_00000032.jpg
Quote from scania :could it have a option that only show the top surface points? it is impossible to take the point I want like this.....

You can temporarily hide points you don't want to see by selecting them and clicking "hide selected" or "hide unselected".
This thread is closed

Mods System Suggestions - OLD
(149 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG