The online racing simulator
#26 - Eric
I have to say, lfsrm, I'm pretty impressed with the car design and the speed of your progress so far! For constructing a fictional car, you really have a natural feel for it.

Car interiors can be fiddly to build without any frame of reference, but I've found that viewing your progress in VR can help.

I'm watching this project with interest. Smile
The master has spoken Wink
I agree, impressive Thumbs up
I don't think I could do this if I had a gun to my head and 10 years of time, wicked stuff man.
Quote from Eric :I have to say, lfsrm, I'm pretty impressed with the car design and the speed of your progress so far! For constructing a fictional car, you really have a natural feel for it.

Car interiors can be fiddly to build without any frame of reference, but I've found that viewing your progress in VR can help.

I'm watching this project with interest. Smile

Thank you,It means a lot to me! I literally grow up playing LFS, the game never left my hard drive!, you guys are an inspiration for many of us!

And thank you guys for letting us experiment with the game engine, there isn't many games that offers such accessible modding tools! it's definitively a great thing for the community Smile!

The interior is trickier than I thought, especially since the model needs to be driveable in-game, I have only a rigged human body shape and some pictures for (rough) references, VR would definitely help (since it's also compatible with blender) if it was available for sale over here..

But again this is a great learning opportunity ! Smile

Quote from Flotch :The master has spoken Wink
I agree, impressive

glad you like it Big grin!

Quote from fatalunfair :I don't think I could do this if I had a gun to my head and 10 years of time, wicked stuff man.

Thanks for the compliment, I think with the amount of resources around the net now, it's easier and faster to learn something new compared to some years ago.

Finding time and motivation is still a big obstacle...
Well, the cockpit view is not that bad. It is depending on which FOV you are using. I usually play with 82deg, which is a little bit zoomed in comparison to 90deg by default. You can make a windscreen a bit higher and adjust a seat position. If you can make the windscreen side frame thinner that would help also.

Very impressive mod, great job dude.
XF2 ok, that is looking good

but i hope not the for a replacement. let us this old good XFG look !
XF2 in addition ;-)
Looks pretty sweet!
I really want to be able to "like" posts on this forum, if I commented everytime I liked a post I'd be posting in every thread. Especially in this forum.

Amazing work here, I'm loving seeing all the progress people are making, well done everyone!
Looking very good! Thumbs up There should be a high quality section in Vehicle Mods.
In the future I'm planning to try to do an 3d original model based on real brand.

I don't know, but low quality mods like this shouldn't be allowed.
Attached images
Capture.PNG
Quote from Evolution_R :There should be a high quality section in Vehicle Mods.

That's what the "Staff picks" are for Smile
Super excited in anticipation of some high poly car models made by very talented people.
Following this with interest!
looks nice , im into this Smile
Interesting work! Did you make any progress?
Quote from loopingz :Interesting work! Did you make any progress?

yea sorry, I thought it might be better to finish the interior base mesh before posting a preview.

I'm just stuck at work lately, can't make good progress outside the weekends.

I will try to post some preview when I come back home.
No rush!
Very good idea! congrats!
Quote from fangio86 :Very good idea! congrats!

Thanks, I am trying my best to make it as believable as possible.

Here are some screens of what I completed so far for the interior base mesh :

There is still a few things I need to complete :

- modeling front/rear seats
- interior doors details
- finishing the steering wheel details (buttons etc)
- interior central mirror
- seat belt
- interior floor mesh
- Maybe a separate mesh for button texture ?
- adjusting the size of some elements (windshield wipers..)
- and a lot of optimizations, right now the whole car is over 70k.

The steering wheel size seems a little bit small, when compared to the rb4 it doesn't look at all like a 35cm wheel, I thought the size I used was pretty standard for road cars.
Attached images
int_1.jpg
int_2.jpg
int_driver.jpg
Looking very good! Nice progress!
Any progress on it? :3
This looks amazing, and like it was mentioned before, it kept the DNA of the XFG, really solid work.

About the exterior problem, if you get rid of the antenna, solve the problem? Or it has to be a more drastic change, to be able to do a good interior?
Quote from versiu :Any progress on it? :3

Yes, I still have to finish some parts of the interior.

Often I don't like the design of some elements, so I tend to redo things midway which drag the whole project, plus I did the mistake of doing a high res version using subdivision, I should've started modeling the whole lowpoly car manually, because now cleaning the mesh will take even more time, and time is something that I lack nowadays.

But that's just my inexperience modeling lowpoly game assets, that's why I think this project is a very valuable learning experience. Smile

Quote from Desaparecido :
This looks amazing, and like it was mentioned before, it kept the DNA of the XFG, really solid work.

About the exterior problem, if you get rid of the antenna, solve the problem? Or it has to be a more drastic change, to be able to do a good interior?

No it's just optimization, sacrificing some surface smoothness to meet lfs's triangles limit.
This project is VERY impressive. Definitely looking forward to drive it. You're now at the stage, where 20% of work takes 80% of time with optimizing and finishing touches. Keep it up Smile
Well since I finished with the optimizations, it's time to mess up with the editor..

Still importing and organizing the car parts and materials, after that I will dedicate some (alot) of time to create the car textures.
Attached images
front.jpg
rear.jpg
#49 - Eric
Impressive and very professional work!

I'm loving the high standards you've acheived so far. Good luck with the texturing.Smile
this is looking very very good. genuinely excited for this, glad its coming along nicely.

XF2 ? (slightly newer XFG replacement)
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG