The online racing simulator
New!
(27 posts, started )
#1 - Mark.
New!
I downloaded the demo a few days ago, and i think the game is very good. Makes a nice change from aracde racers :P

On the Blackwood track using the XR Turbo, i have managed to get a time of 1:34.38, and was wondering if there is any videos of faster laps so i can see lines an d breaking points etc, so i can improve the time. Also, what are these setups people are talking about? I havn't looked much into the game yet :P

Thanks

Im very tempted to buy the S2 liscense too
Yes, just click on the time in lfsworld.net in the hotlaps charts.
#3 - joen
Hi, welcome to LFS, good to see you enjoying it
You can download replays of the fastest times at www.lfsworld.net. Look in the S2 hotlaps section.
Setups are....uhm setups If you change settings on your car (springs, gearbox ratios, downforce, camber, etc) then you're creating a setup.

I advise you to look through the LFS Wiki: http://www.lfswiki.net/index.php/Main_Page You will find an answer to all your questions there.
login with user/pass: lfswiki/lfswiki
#4 - Chaos
#5 - Mark.
Thanks!

I downloaded the record holders hotlap, got mine to 1:33.18, still lots to learn though!

I will try a setup, see if thats helps too
Quote from Mark. :Thanks!

I downloaded the record holders hotlap, got mine to 1:33.18, still lots to learn though!

I will try a setup, see if thats helps too

Wow - that is damn fast for a beginner. I've done over 900 laps in the XFG around Blackwood and my PB is only 1:34.33!

New WR holder here boys! Don't tell him anything!

EDIT: Just looked up the WR - you're only 0.11 off and you haven't even set the car up yet! You must have some serious natural talent there bro.
#7 - Mark.
Hahaha!

Just tried a new setup for the XRT, done 3 laps with it, got it down too 1:31.32 Made a huge difference to how the car felt, just need to push it to see what i can get out of it now :P

Hopefully get it in the high 1:20's soon!
Quote from Gentlefoot :Wow - that is damn fast for a beginner. I've done over 900 laps in the XFG around Blackwood and my PB is only 1:34.33!

Difference is, he's using the XR Turbo, not XFG
Quote from Thorvertonian :Difference is, he's using the XR Turbo, not XFG

How does he do that - he's demo?
Theres 3 cars in the demo, the XF GTI, XR GT, and the XR GT Turbo
Quote from Mark. :Theres 3 cars in the demo, the XF GTI, XR GT, and the XR GT Turbo

I never knew that. Never used the demo as I saw the full game at a mates house before I bought it.

Just ignore me from now on
lol no problem!

Just got a 1:29.99! Im impressed ive knocked 4 seconds off from last night!

The WR is mid 1:23 isnt it?
Hey Mark. (you should know who i am)

Your getting after and faster in a short space of time! And for using mouse (unless you changed to something else) well, i know i couldn't get that time with the mouse.

Also, check you PM on DM.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Hey Mark. (you should know who i am)

Your getting after and faster in a short space of time! And for using mouse (unless you changed to something else) well, i know i couldn't get that time with the mouse.

I do indeed know you

Yeah, though ive come to a wall at the moment. I can't seem to break the 1:29 barrier at the moment. Best ive got is 1:29.54, i shall keep at it though :P My average time has come down alot too, usually get around 1:31 now
Quote from Mark. :I do indeed know you

Yeah, though ive come to a wall at the moment. I can't seem to break the 1:29 barrier at the moment. Best ive got is 1:29.54, i shall keep at it though :P My average time has come down alot too, usually get around 1:31 now

In my experience of racing any car/track combo your learn the track you get quicker, get a really good set up that suits you, you are suddenly quicker then you do hit a wall. Then as your driving round and round all of a sudden you half a second faster than your pb. Then you spend the next XXX laps trying to equal it untill you can lap that time consistantly. The process starts again. Thats only for me, but seems alot of people stop getting faster for a while.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I never knew that. Never used the demo as I saw the full game at a mates house before I bought it.

Just ignore me from now on

Um we normally do ignore you so we'll just keep on then shall we
Quote from ShannonN :Um we normally do ignore you so we'll just keep on then shall we

oooh what a cheeky monkey
do I realy need to pay for S1 and S2?? I mean....with real money?
#19 - joen
Quote from jernej :do I realy need to pay for S1 and S2?? I mean....with real money?

No, the devs accept monopoly money too.

ofcourse with real money, what did you expect if that's a serious question?
#20 - Jakg
Quote from jernej :do I realy need to pay for S1 and S2?? I mean....with real money?

was this question made with... real thought?
Don't you love it when people hijack your thread with a stupid question

I think i will check my money situation in the bank, then i will buy S2 if i have enough!
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Mark. :I think i will check my money situation in the bank, then i will buy S2 if i have enough!

no, just buy it with magic beans
I wish I had a money situation at the bank Well... I do... and it's minimal

Quote :no, just buy it with magic beans

Magic beans are more expensive... Want some? You can buy all other sorts of things with it... I'll make you a special price!
#24 - joen
I actually traded Scawen some ultra rare pokemon trading cards for an S2 license
i paid for his gas, oh then i probably paid too much.

on topic: duh you have to pay with real money. LFS is the dev's jobs right now. It's only 24 pounds, cheaper and better than most games.
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy

New!
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG