The online racing simulator
How am i supposed to enjoy this game?
My lap times are around 1:35 while everyone else's is 1:30. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ENJOY A GAME WHERE I HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST ANYONE?!?!
Ye I know there is a hard learning cuve. And most people online play for years. BTW wonder what track and car u did becourse 1.30 isn't possible at BL1 XFG/ XRG.
Quote from RC-Maus :Ye I know there is a hard learning cuve. And most people online play for years. BTW wonder what track and car u did becourse 1.30 isn't possible at BL1 XFG/ XRG.

Rockingham International with the FOX.
Just checked WR 1.28.53

Keep up the practise share setups and ask advice online Wink

Also watching others driving helps.
Quote from DRIFTFox :Rockingham International with the FOX.

Well... I've been driving for years, FOX is my most used car, but I've never enjoyed it driving at Rockingham Smile. Rockingham and Blackwood are the two tracks I don't enjoy driving single seaters on.
Just try another track, you'll feel better Wink
Your first thing to do in order to get better is to calm down. You can't improve your lap times if you are too stressed or upset. Practice makes perfect. If that helps, check the Hotlap Analyzer on LFSWorld to see what others do differently (for example, the gear others use in THAT specific turn, or if they lift throttle or not). Also, curious, what setup are you using?
Just enjoy the race and think of it as anything but practice session. You won't be as stressed to improve lap-by-lap than you'd be
Have you tried driving faster?
If you press 4 in game, you will see driving line. Just by trying to drive that line you will improve alot. Next thing then is a setup, ask someone online for a set and im sure you will get one.

So now you got basics of circuit (driving line) and a setup. The rest is hard work and practice. Just remmeber that overdriving makes you slower... Dont brake too late, dont floor the throotle too soon, dont steer too much. Smooth and easy wins the race, especially in fox.
That is a good question. I have usually always been the last one on the competitions I participate, but still enjoyed driving and almost always drove to the finish line (not the last one, Ronys thuesday XL, hopeless situation and looong way to go Smile). Try to motivate to get better step by step. It takes time to be fast. For example I've done little better lap times compared where I started and on the other hand I have realized I most likely never learn to drive a car fast. Maybe you learn? It is the hard learning curve that makes this so enjoyable. Otherwise there would not be people who have driven thousands of miles.
I think you get more out of lfs if you can share opinions and experiences with your friends. So ask help and try different setups, discuss about driving techniques and the tension you feel on the race track. Enjoy the feeling you are part of the circus.
You have only 10 laps with fox on Rockingham international, you can't really think that the others were able to do those times in their first 10 laps tbh. Practice more i guess
You are not getting it, it is in its nickname : he is drifting the FOX Tongue , thus he is not quick Wink

To be serious, practice make better, but first analyse the WR lap ! 7s slower is a huge gap, so will improve quickly if you understand right how you must drive the combo !
Quote from RC-Maus :Ye I know there is a hard learning cuve. And most people online play for years. BTW wonder what track and car u did becourse 1.30 isn't possible at BL1 XFG/ XRG.

^
I agree, you must practice constantly for months/years to become really consistent and fast, like RC-Maus said you will mostly be put against guys who do laps after laps for close a decade.
Quote from DRIFTFox :My lap times are around 1:35 while everyone else's is 1:30. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ENJOY A GAME WHERE I HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST ANYONE?!?!

do as everyone else has done and practice and determination and advice on the track, and relax

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG