The online racing simulator
Major layout Editor addons
(13 posts, started , go to first unread)
The game needs a major editor makeover , let the end user create their content , we need to be able to create realistic tracks .

sections of pre-made roads :
-straights___________________________________Pitch/length
-Turns_______________________________________Pitch/Radius
-Curves up (jump)____________________________height/width
-Curves down (drop)__________________________height/width
-Turn sections ______________________________Pitch/Radius
-Turn up_____________________________________height/Radius
-Turn down___________________________________height/Radius
-banked turns________________________________height/Radius
-banked turns entrance sections(twist)_______height/Length
-Curved walls________________________________height/Radius
-corner vibrors for flat car park tarmac____________Radius

-trees/bushes
-grass/sand/water/asphalt/concrete/and color textures for all ''concrete'' components
-able to select 100objects
-function to Flip/mirror the selection as one component
-ideally being able to create and save selections as if it was one object

of course we all want new cars , but at least if we had different tracks to not get bored that would be great.

might seem like asking for allot , but i think its less than asking for the developer to release 2 new tracks , and it will give players freedom of creativity and much more track possibility overall

removing the new editor selection outlines , always being able to see and move the selection like before would be great too .. (clarification: as soon as we select something we see where we move it)

thanks whoever still read this . hopefully the devs Thumbs up
YES
+1 please fix
+2fix pls
Nah I dunno tbh. Anything build with the concrete slabs atm is quite horrendous to drive on because the sharp edges, clipping textures and overall low level of realism. Making more building blocks to drive on doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If they are gonna make a track editor they better make a terrain editor with bezier curved roads as seen in for example Arma, Crysis or BeamNG.
#6 - Racon
Quote from Drift ACE :...

Releasing a track editor is the intention, but it will be when LFS is considered a finished product, so after tyre physics, after the graphical update, etc. It will also require quite an overhaul. (These are things Scawen has said previously)

Quote from Drift ACE :
-able to select 100objects
-ideally being able to create and save selections as if it was one object

You can save the current selection when you clear a layout by holding down the shift key. You can then place it and save it as a new layout with just those objects. It'd be nice to have a quick and easy load/save, but it's not impossible. 30 is a limit because of the packet size, there would be a lot of yak-shaving involved to change it. But...

It's also now possible to read object selections with InSim, so a load/save groups of more than 30 is possible now with a little programming. You'd just have buttons to add/remove the current selection to the group and build it up 30 at a time, load and save as lyt files. I'll make it myself if no-one else has by the time I get enough free time to bodge it together Smile

Quote from Drift ACE :
removing the new editor selection outlines , always being able to see and move the selection like before would be great too .. (clarification: as soon as we select something we see where we move it)

They're hidden while the ALT key is pressed.
Quote from Racon :They're hidden while the ALT key is pressed.

I think he meant the automatic preview "in hand" objects when selected, as it was in the old editor.
Quote from Drift ACE :(clarification: as soon as we select something we see where we move it)

Quote from Draggo :I think he meant the automatic preview "in hand" objects when selected, as it was in the old editor.

Exactly ^^
Quote from pärtan :Nah I dunno tbh. Anything build with the concrete slabs atm is quite horrendous to drive on because the sharp edges, clipping textures and overall low level of realism. Making more building blocks to drive on doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If they are gonna make a track editor they better make a terrain editor with bezier curved roads as seen in for example Arma, Crysis or BeamNG.

you should see the tracks i pull out , pretty smooth terrains , but ye still bumpy at places , and that takes the whole 2100objects for a small layout ..and that concrete grip as if it was ice is less than ideal

just for example , 1 banked corner doing 180degres takes 300objects , and its still not as smooth as we expect Frown
Quote from Draggo :I think he meant the automatic preview "in hand" objects when selected, as it was in the old editor.

Quote from Drift ACE :Exactly ^^

...then CTRL-C to toggle that.
Quote from Drift ACE :you should see the tracks i pull out , pretty smooth terrains , but ye still bumpy at places , and that takes the whole 2100objects for a small layout ..and that concrete grip as if it was ice is less than ideal

just for example , 1 banked corner doing 180degres takes 300objects , and its still not as smooth as we expect Frown

Actually:

( 180 / 1.4 ) + ( 90 / 1.4 x 2 ) + ( 60 / 1.4 x 2 ) + ( 30 / 1.4 x 2 ) + Plausible entrance objects( About 40 ) =
128 + 128 + 85 + 42 + 40 = 423 Objects, if you want so-called "superfine" smooth corner, yet still won't be enough smooth due every layout object turns 1.4 degrees. Things would be smoother of course if one object would turn 0,7 degrees only each time.

If wanting Speedway with 2 similar corners: 846 objects + Every other objects depending length and other aspects, it is quickly drained 1500 objects.

Yes, it won't do same as complete track editor, but as I have said several times: Tracks are for salt, and Layouts are for other spices.
Quote from Racon :...then CTRL-C to toggle that.

in my opinion ctrl+c is less efficient.

for example:

selecting and moving objects in old editor
1. select objects (crtl+click, left or right crtl)
2. rotate/adjust (< > keys, or mouse)
3. place object (O)
repeat or no

selecting and moving objects in new editor
1. select objects (crtl+click or ctrl+draw rectangle, left or right crtl)
2. make them visible in hand (ctrl+c, left [requiers large hand or small keyboard Big grin] or right crtl)
3. rotate/adjust (< > keys, or mouse)
4. place object (O, if you want to continue with selected objects do not use ctrl+v beacuse it discard selection, so next "loop" will be like in old editor)
repeat or no

So more efficient is 3 stage way
I agree these suggestions will make the game much more flexible (a bit like when concrete objects and Z-control were first added) and will be beneficial especially to cruise layouts.

To complement those roads, I think every physical object should have the option to be rotated on all axis so they can be placed on non-flat surfaces. Chalk lines and barriers should also have curving options, not just concrete objects.

Also since height matters more and we're talking about the editor, I'd be glad if we could just place objects on top of existing objects, inheriting their rotation and height (so you could move your cursor on a piece of flying road and have the ghost object already at the same height without you having to place it on the ground first, then setting the Z value).

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG