The online racing simulator
Browse For Speed: Request for Translations!
Browse For Speed 0.5 now has multiple language support. This is great, we think, but Australians are well known for only being able to speak one language (and poorly), so we need the community's help.

Translating for BFS involves copying/editing an xml file. There are about 150 (mostly small) strings to translate. You will be credited for your work (your name/details will show up in the configuration section when your language is chosen if you wish).

If you wish to translate, you can find the base English language file in /lang/EnglishAU.lang.xml within Browse For Speed directory. This file contains instructions on how to go about translating BFS into your language.
I am fluent with russian
I can take the German part of the translation
#4 - Lible
Well, I could translate it to Estonian... if some of Estonians will use it
#5 - GerG
If interested, I can do Hungarian Translation.
#6 - Lible
Did you receive my "buggy" estonian translation?
#7 - filur
I can do a Swedish one..

.. so i did.

* updated for v0.6 *
Attached files
Swedish.lang.zip - 3.7 KB - 209 views
-
(Lible) DELETED by Lible
#8 - Lible
Strange bug found:

On "program configuration" page, the cancel and browse buttons have C before Estonian cancel (Tühista) and B before Estonian Browse (Lehitse)

Next one that seems to be :

On Server browser, there is Find User Online, Find won't dissapear.
Thanks heaps for these translations guys, they're looking fabulous.

Those bugs are because you left those letters/words in the string Lible
No worried though, it's all fixed.
Hmm, strange, why the hell didn't my notepad find them then?
Quote from Snookle :Browse For Speed 0.5 will have multiple language support. This is great, we think, but Australians are well known for only being able to speak one language (and poorly), so we need the community's help.

Well I am an Aussie and while I can only speak one language fluently, I certainly can speak, read and write english in the best possible way, steering clear of cliched colloquialism and undue references to strine. Pass your best English effort on to me and I'll proofread it; and I'll even run it through a spellchecker that isn't set to US english

Keep up the good work
ShannonN
I could do some dutch translation?
#13 - wabz
Thank you!
Thanks guys. Browse For Speed 0.5 is distributed with your translations - English, Estonian, German, Hungarian, Polish, Spanish. This is a pretty nice bunch of languages we think.

ShannonN - more than happy for you to go over the English file and make any suggestions.

See this post for 0.5 information.
Hey ,
I can translate to french if you want , I'm fluent speaking it even if it's not my native language
#15 - wabz
That would be excellent. Instructions on how to translate are in the 0.5 release at www.browseforspeed.net - check the file lang/EnglishAU.xml. Any translations we receive will be made available at http://www.browseforspeed.net/lang.html (3 additional languages have been submitted since the 0.5 release) and included in the next release. Thanks!
I don't understand very well... Sorry... But my native language is French. So to translate a text from english to french, I can be your man! (Sorry for my english )
Quote from squidhead :I am fluent with russian

Heh, I'd do that better, 100% Russian is my most native language , you russian-wannabee
#18 - wabz
Warlost - thanks for the offer! We have a French translation already (it was sent to us after 0.7 was released - we host translations here and will distribute them in the next release):
http://www.browseforspeed.net/lang.html
But feel free to make any corrections, or help maintain future versions.

Funnycat: If you want to do a Russian translation, feel free! We haven't received one yet. There are instructions in the english xml file.

Note that this thread is fairly old (but still relevant) - BFS is up to 0.7 (and is available in 11 languages), link in my sig.
Quote from wabz :Warlost - thanks for the offer! We have a French translation already (it was sent to us after 0.7 was released - we host translations here and will distribute them in the next release):
http://www.browseforspeed.net/lang.html
But feel free to make any corrections, or help maintain future versions.

Funnycat: If you want to do a Russian translation, feel free! We haven't received one yet. There are instructions in the english xml file.

Note that this thread is fairly old (but still relevant) - BFS is up to 0.7 (and is available in 11 languages), link in my sig.

M'kay, I'm 50% done with it
Ok, but I still do not understand what is the Browse for speed... :S

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG