The online racing simulator
RHD maps too
(21 posts, started )
RHD maps too
I think the new Blackwood is amazing, but I do have a suggestion for the tracks you are improving next. Can you make half of them RHD and the other half LHD? After all, the majority of the world drives on the right side.
#2 - BeNoM
TIL America = Majority of the world
And how would this change LFS? I mean, its just a texture.

Anyway most of cruise servers use custom layouts with their prefered side of the road.
Yes but the road markings on the maps are unchangeable and they're facing forward on either the right or left side. And on blackwood they're on the left side.
Still, whats the problem of it? Blackwood and Westhill are British circuits (cant remember if BL was real or fictional). Nothing will make the game different for having RHD maps or LHD maps. It depends of what the devs think of, either british or european.
I like driving on the correct side of the road for a change. I'm tired of always having to drive on the right in most games. This is nice. (I think you might have LHD and RHD mixed up too :/)
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Still, whats the problem of it? Blackwood and Westhill are British circuits (cant remember if BL was real or fictional). Nothing will make the game different for having RHD maps or LHD maps. It depends of what the devs think of, either british or european.

The only real track in LFS is Rockingham, the rest are fictional.
Blackwood - UK
South City - UK
Fern Bay - Jamaica
Kyoto Ring - Japan
Westhill - UK
Aston - UK
Rockingham - UK

Oddly enough, all of them use left-hand traffic, I wonder if the devs chose them deliberately Cool
Made by British people Smile
Well,let's see where are the 2 new tracks located,about we know only that they are WIP...
USA is one, I think...
The old saying comes to mind: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
Quote from gigapouch :After all, the majority of the world drives on the right side.

Quote from BeNoM :TIL America = Majority of the world

Actually, he is true, there is much more countries driving on the right side than on the left side. And he didn't even mentioned the US.
Ye well he is right that most of the world drives on the left.
All of europe (except uk), china, us, canada, russia. And RHD is mostly UK, japan and stralia.

That being said as people have previously pointed out the tracks are actually located in RHD countries and you spend most time on a race track without lanes anyway. That being said if you want LHD you can always reverse your steering axis and watch your screen trough a mirror Tongue
Just add mirrored versions of existing tracks, maybe even as an S3 feature. This should not require that much of work and would make both the devs and RHD players happy.
eh^ why?
Yeah, I don't get this... It's not like they'll ever do a version of GTA where everyone drives on the left.

You don't fly to another country and then start insisting that everyone drives on the other side of the road while you're there.

This isn't an improvement suggestion - it doesn't improve anything.
All the locations in LFS at the moment are in left hand driving countries(idk about Autocross), so, only the new ones should have right hand side if they are in the right place.
Well that sucks.
lol MHD as Middle Hand Drive

RHD maps too
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG