The online racing simulator
LFS is a racing simulation, not a drifting one. Yes, people use it for drifting and drifting can be quite fun, but, before even thinking of putting a drift only car in LFS, the devs should make some new cars for racing, or even like the XRT, can be used for both. VicaNo, you say; "look on server list how much people have drift community" yeah, only about 10-15 drifters, i see a lot more on [TC], maybe we should get light bars, a bull bar, a crown vic, etc.

elputas, you say Respect motorsport in general, when was i disrespecting any form of motorsport there? i wasn't saying drifting was bad or anything, it is fun to do every now and again and it is great to watch professionals!
Quote from k_badam :This doesn't need adding, give us normal cars that racers can use.

Racers can use all cars, but drifters can use 3-4 cars..and even so, none of them does not comply with current real standards for drift, today on all events power more than 500hp, tires 265 or more, weight about 1 ton etc. We just want to at least one driveable car for this..Stop being so egoistic. Еvery day more and more fans of drift and to ignore it is just silly.
In fact Drift already so everyone recognizes motorsports and lfs is primarily as motorsport simulator
Quote from VicaNo :look on server list how much people have drift comunity

...and then compare that with how many left LFS because there isn't enough racing content... Taped Shut
+1
Quote from k_badam :..the devs should make some new cars for racing, or even like the XRT, can be used for both.

That's why i write about XRR so racers can use this car and drifters so i good for both. Idea of LFS was racing but driving in LFS is almost like in real life so drifting is also easy and any other games don't have that feel on wheel like LFS give with drifting so that's the reason why drift is so popular here.
The one thing is sure:

Drift car would be new content, people loves new content.

For me, I see drifting is kinda boring. That does not mean I can not drift. For these days, I am more for the speed itself Big grin

Whatever my opinion is, if people wants this, then +1 for this!

Besides, LFS tries to support any type of motorsports, although stated as racing, but I would say in these days: any type of competitive aspect in motorsports!
#32 - Yuts
for Drift not necessary same cars. It's not racing with classes. Imagine drift in real life (some event) where all drifters using same car. fehhhh... This is important part off drifting - many different cars. Not same power, wheels, weights and other. Sad to see when 95% drift community using XRT for drift.
As for me we no need new cars. Better make some tools in game for changing cars (or building if you want) like in tweak or other way. So would be great to try put some simple changes from tweak in game. I know people already asked this many times. But this much better than new car and should be intresting not only for drifters.
Quote from Eclipsed :...and then compare that with how many left LFS because there isn't enough racing content... Taped Shut

theres also tons of drifters, very good friends, who have left LFS, because of slow development, earlier there were 2 or 3 servers full with guys doing some door to door action, having fun on TS, now its history ... sadly
I took a break too, came back and it was still the same, just with less people, thats why I started racing more then I used to
Of course the racing scene is bigger, but giving something for drifters would be appreciating

Anyways, it will never be the same as it was in 2009, just my opinion
Ofc it would be cool but people can simply achieve all that with car mods and Tweak. There are even tweak servers.
In my personal opinion, this idea wouldn't pay off. Even though I totally support it.

I see alot of complaining that XRG is undriftable... Maybe it's not about the car? Tongue
Quote from Hansiscool :Ofc it would be cool but people can simply achieve all that with car mods and Tweak. There are even tweak servers.
In my personal opinion, this idea wouldn't pay off. Even though I totally support it.

I see alot of complaining that XRG is undriftable... Maybe it's not about the car? Tongue

With XRG you can get good angles especially with hot tyres Thumbs up
I look at LFS as an overall simulator, meaning it touches on all aspects of racing whether it is rally, drag racing or track racing. But to me and some others, I don't think that LFS is facilitating the extremely crazy drift community to there full potential. I agree, I want that XRD/FZD idea to be implemented, but its down to the devs to choose whether they do or don't wanna waste their time on working on something they think is useless to the game.
Good idea 9_9 ♥♥♥
Quote from k_badam :This doesn't need adding, give us normal cars that racers can use.

Why wouldn't racers be able to use the "XRD"? It's just a step between XRT and XRR.
Well yea the idea of making a proper drift car for LFS it's the best thing to do for now and i think that even if LFS it's not a "drifting sim", LFS it's much better than any other "simulator" that people also drift on, even the real drifters says that the drifting feeling on LFS it's much more accurate to a real car, than the AC or rF mods out there, and LFS it's way too limited, just a few tracks, uncountable layouts, the same underpowered cars with the tires that need improvement and not so much things to adjust on the cars and the game it's still alive BUT, with "all that stuff" people get bored of it so fast.

If we had more tracks, more cars or perhaps even tools to create that kind of stuff and put them all on LFS, people would still rather play LFS than any other game, just ask people why they dont play LFS and they will confirm that and, if you take a look at the servers nowadays, the only thing that it's not allowed to drift and that it's still alive, it's the TC Server, the other ones that are still alive are the drifting ones. I don't think that my point of view is important or not but anyway lets wait and see what Scawen is going to do for us, he already did something for the drifting people and that's a good start in my opinion.

But thats like Marex said...
Quote from BADLVBOY :it will never be the same as it was in 2009

Quote from driftbrk :I don't think that my point of view is important or not but anyway lets wait and see what Scawen is going to do for us, he already did something for the drifting people and that's a good start in my opinion.

Every point of view is important! Im sure Scawen and other devs will support drifters even more from now, these guys are smart and they can clearly see what is going on in LFSWORLD. Its just a matter of time. And now I feel that they are working on LFS even harder.
Guys... Learn how to driver faster. Quit the bitching, nobody wants 500hp on this current tire model. The angle addition was perfect, lets advance our drift skills instead of begging for more power.
Quote from DJFNOW :Guys... Learn how to driver faster. Quit the bitching, nobody wants 500hp on this current tire model. The angle addition was perfect, lets advance our drift skills instead of begging for more power.

Why come to the 'improvement suggestion forum' and then complain about about suggestions? Go away if you want to be negative about other people's opinions.
Quote from DJFNOW :Guys... Learn how to driver faster. Quit the bitching, nobody wants 500hp on this current tire model. The angle addition was perfect, lets advance our drift skills instead of begging for more power.

It's not about going "faster" Sr. Paul Walker, i also think that 247hp for XRT it's more than enough and i don't think i would enjoy a "proper" drift car more than i like the XRT's physics but the thing is that a XRD would be better because XRT it's a street car, 36 degrees feels like a stock car, like the Nissan S13 that also has 36 degrees of steering lock.

45 degrees would be much better for a car with different specs than the usual XRT that we have, larger tires, power full engine, some roll cage on the inside and all the stuff that the other guys mentioned before.

If there's someone bitching on something here, it's you that came to this thread just to complain about other people's opinion.
Said on this tire model. More power and angle = popped tires in half lap. I firmly believe that there are much more important suggestions out there.

If you want to feel power with 45 throw tweak on it and you'll see without physics update we will be skating instead of drifting.

As for driving faster, it is about that. More speed = more angle. Now that we have 45 take your time and get sick with it.

Sorry for coming off as "bitchy" but without physics update more power is simply a joke. (Let's not forget this is the best feeling sim still today)
Quote from DJFNOW :Said on this tire model. More power and angle = popped tires in half lap. I firmly believe that there are much more important suggestions out there.

If you want to feel power with 45 throw tweak on it and you'll see without physics update we will be skating instead of drifting.

As for driving faster, it is about that. More speed = more angle. Now that we have 45 take your time and get sick with it.

Sorry for coming off as "bitchy" but without physics update more power is simply a joke. (Let's not forget this is the best feeling sim still today)

Your argument is successful!
+1
Quote from DJFNOW :Said on this tire model. More power and angle = popped tires in half lap. I firmly believe that there are much more important suggestions out there.

yes i completely understand what you mean, all those things would be good only with the physics improvements that LFS needs, lets just wait and see what the future holds.
just wondering how it will be awesome if they would make a laser scanned copy of whole ebisu complex
Quote from dog38rus :just wondering how it will be awesome if they would make a laser scanned copy of whole ebisu complex

Wrong thready buddy,this is "XRD (XR - Professional Drift Version)"
+1
45 degree for XRT is just unnecessary, not to mention more power.You can already do a lot of things with normal XRT in LFS, its all up to how you set your car (setup).If OP wants easymode cars then go play assetto corsa.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG