The online racing simulator
New realistic mirrors
(12 posts, started )
New realistic mirrors
Many of you already know but some probably haven't seen it yet...

There is a new, realistic, mirror system available for testing.

The interior mirror and the side mirrors are rendered from separate viewpoints and you can see your own car in the mirrors. In 3D modes, the mirrors are fully stereoscopic, which is a really nice effect with a VR headset.

We are quite close to release so if you would like to give it a go, follow the link. https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89703

There are also improvements in controller support and a new "walk" option in free view mode.
I love the new mirrors, it gives me a better feeling for where the back of my car & other car(s) are around me is/are.
what about get for "walker" a 3d model like marshal and transmit position for collision when "walker" outside the car? )))
Chucked this patch on my dad's PC the other night and later walked into to see him looking at himself in all the mirrors and leaning outside of the car.
Just need to have a quick read up on how to adjust the mirrors now.
Quote from EeekiE :Just need to have a quick read up on how to adjust the mirrors now.

Check out Options - View!
finally a simulator where you can adjust your mirrors Big grin
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :finally a simulator where you can adjust your mirrors Big grin

It is only 11 years late (at least), but yeah, we can say it's the first one to have realistic mirrors xD
Quote from Flame CZE :You can do it in iRacing, too.

Wasn't iRenting the sim that claimed itself to be the first game with groundbreaking driver-swap option? Only like 7 years after LFS? Big grin
Quote from michal 1279 :Wasn't iRenting the sim that claimed itself to be the first game with groundbreaking driver-swap option? Only like 7 years after LFS? Big grin

Though when you look at how successful iRacing now is..

New realistic mirrors
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG