The online racing simulator
So i just downloaded the game
(22 posts, started )
I loved the graphics and sounds of the game! but now, how do i play agaisnt other online players? how do i unlock new cars? thanks
Welcome.
You have a buton Multiplayer on the first page, for the purpose of its name Wink
To unlock new cars and tracks, you have to buy the stages available for the game, named S1 and/or S2.
Have a look here :
https://www.lfs.net/shop/licenseselect
yes i know, but my says: play in network, not multiplayer...so i need to download a patch? how can i connect to a server? like: [AMG]Motorsport?
how do i connect and everything else?
#4 - kdo
Just click on Multiplayer, then List of servers, and then you can choose where ever you want to go. Simple as that. Big grin

If you not running 0.6G, you could update in from the game, click a mirror. If you still in older version like 0.6E/F you can bypass the update.
As DragonH has joined yesterday, I suppose he is in 0.6G, so not issue about versionning I guess.
Do what kdo says, it is effectively as simple as this Smile
#6 - Bean0
It's not been mentioned yet, but even though you are a demo user, you still need to unlock LFS with your account name and game password.

Not sure if you have done this or not ?
I'm still a demo user, so demo users can't play vs other players?
#8 - Bean0
Demo users can play online, you just need to unlock the demo with your account details (it's a little weird, I know).
How do i do that?
The probleme is that everything i press says: WRITE A NAME OF A VALID PLAYER and a password....
Click here on top of the page on your username,select "Personal details",there write your selected password into field "GAME password" (note that it should be different then WEB password),click update account. Then launch the game,click under the menu on "unlock",write in field your username (DragonH) and your selected game password,click unlock. Should be done and you should be able to access list of hosts and able to join servers.
thanks, hold on a sec while i try!
uh...i update my password and it says that the password don't match....but i even write it well =o
oh! i did it!! welcome DragonH, what now? xD when i conect to some servers it says: initial syncronization failed hmm
by the way, if we use car mods, other players see it?
No,you cannot use car mods! They will cause syncronization issues which will kick you out of server automatically with error message OOS-CAR,so keep your LFS installation original! Also they are not supported by LFS developers,so noone will help here about them either.
But the probleme is that the game is to expensive for it's poor content...man, 15€ for 1 + track and a few ugly cars? comon =S and its around 30 euros for the rest....
Quote from DragonH :But the probleme is that the game is to expensive for it's poor content...man, 15€ for 1 + track and a few ugly cars? comon =S and its around 30 euros for the rest....

People are helping you out with your free version of this game patiently and all you do is complain about the few euros that the full game costs..

I'm not sure what you mean by "man, 15€ for 1 + track and a few ugly cars?" but I'll summarzie the pricing system just to make sure.

Demo, 0£: 3 cars, 1 track
S1, 12£: 6 more cars and 3 more track environments additionally to the demo content
S2, 24£ in total OR 12£ if you already bought the S1 license: 11 more cars and another 3 track environments on top of the demo and S1 content
(Permanent content, no renting system for temporary content)

I bought S2 almost 9 years ago, did not spend a single cent on it from then on and yet I benefited from all the improvements that the devs released for free during those years.

To me, such a pricing model makes it appear like the devs share their passion with us for really cheap, rather than thinking the game is too expensive for it's poor content.
those £ are Libras right? 12 libras are around 15€ thats why i said
£ are british pounds (no idea what are libras),where 12£ are about 15€.
hmm

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG