The online racing simulator
Open LFS platform please!!
(12 posts, started )
Hello, I'm a 40 years old amature race driver in Korea. I drive LFS since 2007.

I think we don't need S3. Just open platform please.
If LFS can use Mod track, Mod car, That is enough.

I bought NKPro, Assetto Corsa, RF2 but LFS is still the best sim by a HUGE margin. RF2 has many fake factors( like fake car shaking ), Assetto Corsa hasn't tyre deformation, so driving on curve stone is very weird, the more it updates, going argade. NKPro is dead. AC & NKPro has realistic tyre slip feeling and spring resonance, but that's all. (The newest AC version is worse than early versions!)

My greatest wish is driving at Nordschleife with XRG!!(or XFG?)
Please consider opening LFS platform.

PS. forgive my poor English.
#2 - Nilex
Hello you too, it is very late here and I am doing some data backup in peace and tranquility and thought to respond to you while I wait for the stuff to upload with my slow upload speed

Let me start by saying that you far eastern people have a very nice way of conducting yourself in multiplayer and with very careful, cultural way of driving and also very fast. Always pleasurable, I wish there was more of you guys. At least in my small experience

Now about your proposal, open platform or open source, not even sure how to call it myself - it will happen at some point, it's my hope too. But it will not happen anytime soon. There are some goals developers wish to accomplish, plenty of them in fact, which will take time. Only after those are behind us would this be taken into consideration I presume. Maybe soon after 2-3 years if I want to sound optimistic.
I do agree with you about the track builder and car mod, it's a LOT not just enough!

Some will argue about mod support, maybe it will already start after this post or soon after but it's bound to happen. I look at it this way: our world started and is 'open' if you can call it that and we have came a long way just by modding plain rocks. We are still not there yet but continually improving with some 'minor' oscillations. Same principle applies in games which have released their own modding tools, greatly prolonging lifetime while increasing interest of many of them. We, the community, have a good instinct to filter the crap modds out

I do share your sentiments of some other sims as well, and trust the rest. You have that trustworthy vibe! See you on track sometimes, maybe on Nordschleife with XRG?
You're kinda late People suggested, at least mod support, for years and just recently Scavier started actively working on S3.

As you noted, LFS is still one of the best simulations (not necessarily games) and the potential is massive. It would be the stupidest thing on earth to just make it open source. Plus, DLC is a widely accepted model already, so its not too much of a stretch to think that it (Nordschleife) will come eventually, whether they buy the laser data or just the whole track as it is.

Then again, as seen over at AC, proper mod support gets you very far. Its "free" content for your game and acts like free advertisement/promo. It brings people that want quantity and people that get most of their enjoyment from creating something.

PS: your english seems perfectly fine ^^

PSS: I believe AC does have tyre deformation though, just not visible. I could be totally wrong, but think to have read it somewhere
i hope LFS never goes open source. i have seen the games which are open source and people turned them into clowns.

my only wish would be that lfs would have track editor. that should be the only thing community can include in this game.
I don't think the OP meant "open platform" as in "open source", more like open the platform for modding new cars and tracks like in AC.
Quote from S.E.T.H :my only wish would be that lfs would have track editor.

We all know that you have another wish - remove the very evil Force mode!
Quote from S.E.T.H :my only wish (4 LFS) would be that lfs would have track editor. that should be the only thing community can include in this game.

That´s exaclty that, what i was talkin about, years ago.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=272957#post272957.

But i don´t believe a track-editor will be released in future.

Maybe when S3 is released and our devs want go to pension earlier.

Let´s pray for it... :heyjoe67_lotus:
Now that I'm a Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator Instructor (CEVO-I), I can tell you hands down, that racing in LFS helped me be a better driver, and helped me be a better racer and helped me be much calmer behind the wheel when I first got into an ambulance.

It's not going to happen for a very long time. Scawen has said it's going to happen after S3 is shipped, so that's awesome and I would LOVE to add my home town to LFS so that people can learn how to drive my Fire Districts on a Sim (Saves Gas, Saves Money, Saves Time) and we can even do drills with getting to the scene of an alarm as fast, but also as safe as you can.

I would LOVE to do this right now as I'm now the Chief of the Department and I can make this happen overnight if I could only get some more information about the game track format. I looked over the files in the past, and it should be possible to get 6.5 square kilometers into a file without overflowing the 32bit type limit. That would fit the north side of my Fire District no problem. Scawen if any of this interests you, please let me know. I would love to collaborate on this project. It could even be sold to other departments and make some money.
Quote from Dygear :Now that I'm a Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator Instructor (CEVO-I), I can tell you hands down, that racing in LFS helped me be a better driver, and helped me be a better racer and helped me be much calmer behind the wheel when I first got into an ambulance.

It's not going to happen for a very long time. Scawen has said it's going to happen after S3 is shipped, so that's awesome and I would LOVE to add my home town to LFS so that people can learn how to drive my Fire Districts on a Sim (Saves Gas, Saves Money, Saves Time) and we can even do drills with getting to the scene of an alarm as fast, but also as safe as you can.

I would LOVE to do this right now as I'm now the Chief of the Department and I can make this happen overnight if I could only get some more information about the game track format. I looked over the files in the past, and it should be possible to get 6.5 square kilometers into a file without overflowing the 32bit type limit. That would fit the north side of my Fire District no problem. Scawen if any of this interests you, please let me know. I would love to collaborate on this project. It could even be sold to other departments and make some money.

Would be awesome, and that's partly why LFS is so unique. I actually used LFS (and many autox layouts) to practice driving techniques when getting my license, and it sure as hell did work.

Whilst it is at heart a racing simulator, it's also a car simulator, and a very good one at that. One of my acid tests for sims is 'Does it do what it's not supposed to do as well as it what it should do?', so for example trying to drift in Race 07, etc etc. In LFS you can drive to the shops, set a new lap time or beat the hell out of a set of tyres with equal realism.
Quote from Eclipsed :We all know that you have another wish - remove the very evil Force mode!

yeah and that too
I personaly consider that cheating... it should be disabled in multiplayer.
Quote from Bigbob1993 :I personaly consider that cheating... it should be disabled in multiplayer.

There is a server option to turn it off, but it disallows chase view as well.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG