The online racing simulator
help i want to drive a race in a race game
Hallo
I ve buyed the lfs a Short time ago
But i cant find a normal race
I had Played the Demo from s1 and s2 since 5 years... and i Love the Game.
but in the licensed Version i am very frustrated
i cant find a normal race Server
only cruise....(i cant understand what the logic on a tempolimit in a racegame is)
and Crash Server
but where are the race Server???

sry for my bad english

please send me an answer
benjamin
There are no race servers left. LFS is dead in terms of public racing (unless you're either drifting or cruising).

inb4 Jared replies with cargame
What??? I can t unterstand that
Why? Is There a better Game?
Or exists a beginners Cups?
I have payed for Nothing ?
:\\
2 weekends ago, the last major race in LFS was held (GT World Series Round 4: 24 Hours of Kyoto) and most of the active racing teams/drivers treated it as LFS's funeral. There is simply nothing left after Scavier had neglected this community over the past 5 years.

Saturday's can be pretty good on cargame.nl, so keep an eye on that server tomorrow. The Saturday racing can be pretty fun on cargame
Tanks for the tip
Is There an other race Game with this Realismus?
Assetto Corsa is the latest and greatest, there is a lot of discussion in the off-topic forum (go to the main LFS forum page and scroll to the bottom and find the off-topic discussion)...it is still in development but is available through Steam Early Access

It has no multiplayer yet however
Quote from wildstyle :There are no race servers left. LFS is dead in terms of public racing (unless you're either drifting or cruising).

inb4 Jared replies with cargame

absolute bullcrap.s2 racing may not exactly have a large number of servers that are largely occupied but there is a few that are
Ignore the trolls.
(who like to complain that no new players start in their leagues but whenever someone new joins they give them nonsense replies.)

Each week are more races than you can all practice for.
But it is on set times and dates so you must find something that fits for you.
Here is calendar: https://www.lfsforum.net/calendar.php
Not everything is in calender, it is a bit choatic sometimes because everything is organized by community.

Quote :Or exists a beginners Cups?

Yes, for example register at www.absolute-beginners.nl
races every sunday evening 19:30 german time
usually 20-25 starters.
Name is "absolute beginners" but still make you sure you can drive somewhat safe without crashing.

VillageLiga, short series until the next CityLiga saison begins:
http://www.burnoutcrew.net/Bur ... =Thread&threadID=4347
A bit casual ("just for fun") but also many good drivers, so needs some practice too.
Last week was 26 drivers I think.

Those two races are sunday/monday.
If you do not feel safe enough yet to drive in big field of cars, but still want to start in organized events then try:

Tuesday funrace:
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72825
Tordagsrace:
https://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=254

There are some more, but only listed some that might be suitable if you are new driver. good luck.
Quote from jmeade :It has no multiplayer yet however

Will have next month, but it will not have the same "hop in, select car, join track"-system.

Quote from Gutholz :
(who like to complain that no new players start in their leagues but

His initial posting was not about league event shizzle.

I have to agree with previous writers, there is not much going on anymore on the licensed environment except for cruising. If you want to do some racing then 2014 is not a year to invest in LFS with the current grim outlook.

Everyone still saying "waahhhh! it's absolutely great, zillions of racing going on day/night come join!" either is extreme fanboy or has very thick hands in front of his/her eyes.

Quote from jmeade :Assetto Corsa is the latest and greatest, ...it is still in development but is available through Steam Early Access

It has no multiplayer yet however

If you want to pay £29.99 for Hotlapping then yeah I agree.

I wish people would stop with the LFS is Dead bla bla bla. Its at a lull at the moment and has been for a while, but cargame ( and I don't understand your comments considering your server) is practically full every night and offer different cars/configs each day, but yeah again I agree "while" we wait for more development to take place and be released, its as simple as that.

Fordie
Although cargame.nl offers some nice racing from time to time, one server of this kind is surely not enough.
LFS public racing back in the days: CTRA servers, AMG GTR, ConeDodgers, FM servers, Redline servers. Surely there are more I forgot.

They were almost full. And today there's only one popular (!), cargame. The rest are empty, even if they're online.

And tell me public racing is not dead...
It's "dead",because everyone is leaving and promoting,that it's dead,so more and more people believes,that it's dead and also leaving and also promoting the "death". If LFS is dying,one of the reasons,besides some false expectations,is the community killing it!
Quote from Eclipsed :It's "dead",because everyone is leaving and promoting,that it's dead,so more and more people believes,that it's dead and also leaving and also promoting the "death". If LFS is dying,one of the reasons,besides some false expectations,is the community killing it!

Hint: lack of updates.

Funny that you blame the community for leaving a game that's hardly updated.
Quote from Fordman : is practically full every night

It's not, so I understand why you don't understand.

Besides, it's not the "night" which counts to begin with. 24/7 across three or more servers.. Thats serious racing.

Quote from Eclipsed :is the community killing it!

Sure ... It's the community again to blame.

The community was very long, very supportive. Way too long actually. Mainly because there was hope, only thing whats left now are fables and fairy tales.
Quote from Eclipsed :It's "dead",because everyone is leaving and promoting,that it's dead,so more and more people believes,that it's dead and also leaving and also promoting the "death". If LFS is dying,one of the reasons,besides some false expectations,is the community killing it!

Yes, let's all keep pretending LFS is perfectly fine and trick more people into believing that buying a S2 license is a good idea.
Quote :I have to agree with previous writers, there is not much going on anymore on the licensed environment except for cruising.

If you just click "find servers" that might be true.
Still if you take 5 minutes to look around you can find enough racing.
He asked if a "beginners Cup" exists - it exists. So do other races.

The question was "i want to drive a race in a race game" - I showed ways to do that.
Yeah if you want a beginners cup, join absolute beginners cup. I've been driving that for just over a year most Sundays. The servers are up 24/7 with the upcoming combo, so you can join the weekdays, practice online, talk to and learn from the other drivers (early evening europe time is good to come on). I'm happy with that and doing one feature race a week. Maybe that makes me more of a fanboy that someone who runs a server.

Obviously there are a fair few people that have played the game for many years and got bored with the current content but there are still people signing up and people who aren't bored of it yet to drive with.
Quote from cargame.nl :Will have next month, but it will not have the same "hop in, select car, join track"-system.

His initial posting was not about league event shizzle.

I have to agree with previous writers, there is not much going on anymore on the licensed environment except for cruising. If you want to do some racing then 2014 is not a year to invest in LFS with the current grim outlook.

Everyone still saying "waahhhh! it's absolutely great, zillions of racing going on day/night come join!" either is extreme fanboy or has very thick hands in front of his/her eyes.

what was stated is that even though there may not be a big choice of s2 servers to choose from,the s2 servers that are being used do usually have few people racing
Right now? No.
02:00 CET? No.

Stop being usual fanboy and start to see that S2 public racing is DEAD apart for 2~3 hours a day when one or two race servers reach its peak. Anyway, it doesn't matter.. Time to focus on something else. This is a patient in a 5 year long coma. In the end you know it's going to die because vital functions stop operating due to serious and irreversible degradation.

1 or 2 official patches A YEAR. Ah-mai-zing work.
While this debatte is going on:

Quote :Time to focus on something else.

I did! Then got called fanboy for suggesting league event shizzle

To me it is just like soccer/basket ball/football/going to pub/any other activity: If you randomly show up at the ice hockey stadium in the morning then likely nobody will be there.
So you set times with friends or join a club...obvious concept I think.

One race per week is good enough for me. Could do more, but recently did two but doing that regulary feels bit too stressful to find time. And can still do smaller races here and there or public, if one wants.
What are those pics from? Some German leagues?

Still thinkin everything is fine here eh? Take a good advice and move on, the grass is greener on the other side. Your little bubble will eventually burst, and having something to lean on during your coming down will make your transition smoother.
Quote from Gutholz :If you randomly show up at the ice hockey stadium in the morning then likely nobody will be there.

Yeah, but you know what.. It's always evening somewhere in the world.

There are people here constantly lowering expectations and say "nothing is going on, nothing is going on. Everything alright!". Reflection of life also, there are people who can be run over by a train and then if you ask how it's going.. Oh well, perfectly fine, I can still move my toe!

Hopeless.
Flame: the ones I posted earlier in thread.

Quote :Reflection of life also, there are people who can be run over by a train and then if you ask how it's going.. Oh well, perfectly fine, I can still move my toe!

And there are people who bump their toe on bed post if you ask how it's going...Aaargh I can't feel my legs. Sometimes they also tell others that you can not feel your legs either!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG