The online racing simulator
#1 - Migz
Issue With G25 Randomly Un Centering Itself?
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my G25. When i first plug it in, it does its usual spin all the way to calibrate itself. Then ill go on lfs(also does this with other games such as Dirt 3,Grid2) and its still dead center. Ill use it for a bit, and after maybe 10-30 minutes suddenly the centre of the wheel is no longer the centre of whatever im playing. Usually the wheel is about 45 degrees clockwise for me to drive straight.

Yesterday it was so bad that at one point, i could only turn my wheel about 60 degrees clockwise before it stopped turning, yet would still do a few revolutions counter clockwise.

If i unplug the steering wheel, plug it back in, let it calibrate itself and then select centre under axis in LFS then it works fine again, ends up doing it again after the same sort of time period.

Not sure what to try to fix this? Could it be my G25 profile settings? As i have no clue what they're supposed to be set to so sort of just left them alone.
Are you sure the USB ports on your motherboard are working properly? Try plugging to another one, and hope for the best.
#3 - Migz
Just recently replaced my motherboard. Did it with both the old one and the new one. Will try plugging directly into the motherboard though as at the momment im plugging it into the front of the case
#4 - troy
That sadly is a common problem with the G25 wheels, the internal optical sensor can get loose over time. It's a pretty straight forward fix if you are out of warranty and feel comfortable enough to open it. (If you still got warranty chances are there you get a brand new wheel if you contact logi support)

I did the same as this guy here back when I had my G25 (just used super glue and some tape instead ), which completely fixed the issue.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=909754#post909754
Quote from troy :That sadly is a common problem with the G25 wheels, the internal optical sensor can get loose over time. It's a pretty straight forward fix if you are out of warranty and feel comfortable enough to open it. (If you still got warranty chances are there you get a brand new wheel if you contact logi support)

I did the same as this guy here back when I had my G25 (just used super glue and some tape instead ), which completely fixed the issue.

I can vouch that this indeed does fix the issue.
+1 I can vouch for that too.
I had the same issue as you. Though, opening the wheel did prove to be difficult for me and i was scared of putting everything back in the wrong place, but it's not.

Also, a hint: When you get to the sensor, you may notice it's slightly "broken", and that its pretty tight in place. Still, loose and tighten the screw (tighten well but don't exagerate). You would only need a new sensor wheel if it's not fixed to the axis (meaning you can turn the sensor wheel even with the axis still).
Quote from troy :That sadly is a common problem with the G25 wheels, the internal optical sensor can get loose over time. It's a pretty straight forward fix if you are out of warranty and feel comfortable enough to open it. (If you still got warranty chances are there you get a brand new wheel if you contact logi support)

I agree that it maybe a sensor fault...would need to know if the wheel worked fine before and it has developed the fault without any other changes to be sure.
The post you linked led me to a picture of a cable-tie around the sensor cover...the black plastic piece flips off and underneath you have the sensor screwed to a bracket...the sensor reads the encoder wheel that is on the motor axle.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG