The online racing simulator
R.I.P Paul Walker
(87 posts, started )
You are aware that there are WELL matching turbos that can be fitted to a normally aspirated engine? I agree there are an infinite number of ways to ruin a good looking and well performing car, there are an infinite number of ways to IMPROVE an existing car too....
But that's the point - most people just buy the biggest or cheapest (or both) turbo they can find, and don't worry about flows, pressures, compression ratios.....
Quote from Blade3562 :That simple sentence there shows YOU know nothing about cars. The Volkswagen Jetta in the first fast and furious movie actuallt was a 2.slo aba with a nitrous oxide system and several other parts, several bolt on. But it was faster than the s2k.

There is more technical work and specs done to these movie cars than you wikl ever understand. I bet you didn't even know the chargers used in Fast Five have a specially modified trans/shift points to allow for drifting because the cars wanted to upshift mid drift. I bet you also didn't know the 1970 Chargers in the first move were the only Iines with Mopar motors, but only the hero car had a real blower. However the blowere was hollowed out and was just a fancy air intake. The Chargers used in Fast and Furious and Fast Five were originally planned to have 592 Hemis, but due to parts delays the cara were fitted with 350 Chevrolet Small Blocks so filming could commence. (The garage scene in Fast and Furious was a 592). This is the same for every film involving cars. They built AWD Vanquishs for 007 - Die another day for example

Paul Walker actually was a Skyline fan before any of the movies. He wasn't. He got interested in the car scene while doing the first film and owned the R34 by the time they did the second.

The 2 Fast 2 Furious Evo 7s were the only LHD ones ever built. They weren't. Nor was the RWD conversion something special. The RWD Golf R32 they made for the film was, but its scenes got cut.

Tokyo Drift used real Veilside display cars and actually payed over 100k for the Hero RX7. They also flew the Holley NOS bike over to Japan for static display in Hans garage. They filmed almost all scenes in the US. Product placement is normal

Watch the movies and then you'll understand. There is actually a lot of car knowledge and effort poured into them. Plus almost all the stunts are real. Not many other modern movies do that! Almost all films do that. Read a little into it and you'll understand

had to
Quote from ACCAkut :had to

Every post you made was wrong. You are an idiot.

Paul Walkers family revolved around racing. His grandfather raced cars for Ford back in the 60s. He was into cars way before the first movie...Also look up his posts on the Skyline forums. He was instrumental in the Skyline community in the US.

The RWD conversion was the red Evo IX in Tokyo Drift, not the Green Evo VII in 2F2F. Which as I said above were the US test cars, I did not know Europe got LHD models. Also note I never said anything about the RWD conversion because I know 3 local kids who have done it, not that hard. Way to make yourself look stupid.

Wrong again. There are a few scenes filmed in the US including Sean's race, the parking garage and the chase scenes. I have a close family friend who is a Holley high up who will remain nameless, and they shipped the bike to Japan. I remember the specific time we talked about it being shipped during filming!
Filming locations for further proof: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/locations

How many movies do real stunts, look at Iron Man, Batman, Man of Steel, etc all boring bloody green screens.

Check your facts.

And the more I read Tristan's posts the less respect I have for him, especially as a car "enthusiast." He doesn't understand the fundamentals of auto mechanics. I had to stop reading after 1 sentence.
Good job I'm not on this forum to garner respect. That would be a very lonely way to live.
so this is how memorial threads end up these days?
Quote from atledreier :People who like to actually look at cars like to modify the looks over performance.

Also, I think this guy will appreciate the exhaust swap, as will most people that appreciate a good exhaust note:

So you see, Tristan, there's this whole other world out there, that doesn't revolve around your person. Maybe you should check it out sometime?

This guy understands what's up!
Quote from tristancliffe :But that's the point - most people just buy the biggest or cheapest (or both) turbo they can find, and don't worry about flows, pressures, compression ratios.....

Yes, because that's how people learn. When they decide they want to upgrade again, they know that they have too much turbo lag and want to lower that. So, they start looking into what causes turbo lag, how to lower it, and thereby learn more about flows, pressures, and compression ratios. You didn't learn all of this on your first day. Think back a few years about some of the changes you made to your race car and whether a few choices were rather daft. Chances are you made some mistakes and that's how you learned not to do them again.

So when that 17 year old with a used Honda Civic that he just got decides he's going to strap on the largest turbo he can find, I'll tell him it's probably not a good idea but I won't try to stop him. It's a terrible decision and he'll definitely regret it, but at least he'll understand that bigger isn't always better. And next time, he might realize that it would be better to buy a smaller turbo and use the leftover money to get some better brakes.

Quote from Blade3562 :Can't read his posts anymore blocked him back to celebrating the man not dribbling over someone's ignorance of automotive diversity.

Not official yet, but wow it would be weird to have someone replace him, especially a brother.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013 ... t-and-furious-replacement

This dude's resemblance is great. A lot of brothers don't look that similar. Put a little bit of facial hair on and he could pass for Brian O'Connor (at least in looks).
Quote from Blade3562 :You are an idiot.

Any proof for Walkers car nut live prior to the film? Can't find anything.

You talked about "unique" car mods done for the film. I said those were not unique. Thats it. Yes we have lots of Evos of different gens in the EU. They're nice for rallying.

I admit I got it wrong with the filming location. Knew that at least the final race in the mine and the chase in the city was filmed in the US.

About you knowing someone at Holley ... Product placement is product placement. I know "higher ups" at Bosch, VW and Ferrero. They all do it.

Comparing F&F to superhero films ..? Try James Bond, The Transporter, the Bourne series and so on. They do realistic stunts.

and better leave tristan alone, it gets ugly trying to fight him
Quote from ACCAkut :Any proof for Walkers car nut live prior to the film? Can't find anything.

You talked about "unique" car mods done for the film. I said those were not unique. Thats it. Yes we have lots of Evos of different gens in the EU. They're nice for rallying.

I admit I got it wrong with the filming location. Knew that at least the final race in the mine and the chase in the city was filmed in the US.

About you knowing someone at Holley ... Product placement is product placement. I know "higher ups" at Bosch, VW and Ferrero. They all do it.

Comparing F&F to superhero films ..? Try James Bond, The Transporter, the Bourne series and so on. They do realistic stunts.

and better leave tristan alone, it gets ugly trying to fight him

I think we can all agree that Paul was a car guy and by most account, a pretty great guy all around. Let's just leave it at that.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm sure it did. But that doesn't mean some under educated moron, fitting massive wheels, drilling his airbox and fitting a 12" exhaust has much to do with progress. I don't think most design engineers are over-educated, but there is little doubt the majority of 'modders' are under-educated and under-skilled.
Frenching headlights isn't American, and doesn't originate in the 1950s.
Now, the paint thing is probably true - but it wouldn't have been (for the most part) the modders that did any of the thinking and development on paint, but skilled (though not necessarily educated) painters, perhaps funded by misguided youths. What that has to do with under-body neons or badly matching a turbo to a normally aspirated engine I don't know.

"I don't think most design engineers are over-educated,..."
Yeah? Boy I do. Something like 99.99999999% of them. But that's another topic, like who do hate working with?

You gotta look at it like Divergent evolution.
Sure you're going to have people mod something horrible.
Mod? Customize?
In fact, a whole lot of sucky things But for every - I dunno - ten cars wrapped in plastic with crooked neon, you get something really innovative
like power windows.
And to be totally honest, I don't think these people are doing this crap to their cars for your benefit.
These people try to personalize their rides.
Besides, could you really imagine Herman Munster driving anything else?
Last year I did some graphics work for a guy with a 1960something Honda motorcycle. He had it customized into a really cool cafe racer.
This bike not only looks better but runs better than what it was originally.
And even though this bike was basically a frame in the mud when he got it, something tells me this dude wouldn't be happy riding on it stock if it was still rideable that way.

"Freching" wasn't American? You mean they had Mercurys in Europe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenching_(automobile)

I have never heard of a lead sled a lowrider or a street rod in Europe.
Wait. I do remember seeing a lowrider in the UK in an old Lowrider magazine.
But the dude was inspired by the homies in L.A.

R.I.P Paul Walker
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG