The online racing simulator
Ferrari cheats at monaco?
(232 posts, started )
Quote from Shotglass :
was he really going 16 kmh at that point ?

Seems low, but that was the quote from the Steward.

I think he must be refering to the point at which Schumacher counter steered the second time, rather than the initial steering correction and lockup.
i have no doubt about him possibly oversteering through the first apex anyway

it looked damn slow in the video but i would have never imagined him going _that_ slow and if he seriously claimed he had to do such a correction at that speed hes lucky the fia choose not to punish him harder
Quote from keiran :
http://www.speedyshare.com/237272542.html < Overhead shots comparing Schumachers entrance into the corner with his lap before

this doesn't work for me. the video can't be played. are there any still shots showing his different lines?

speedfreak227
Quote from mrfell :Even if he was put to the back of the grid, he would still go out and WIN, such is the incredible talent of the bloke, but its things like this that annoy me about him so much.

didn't do too bad in the end!!
1) He turns in too early
2) He locks up, but tbh it doesnt look like a big lock up, and he's all ready slowed down quite a bit
3) He does slide, and corrects it by centering the wheel
4) It looks like he has caught the slide and turns into the corner, at this point i would put money on him still being able to make the corner
5) He straightens the car up for no apparent reason, it doesnt exactly look like he is sliding any more ...

Even if it was a genuine mistake, its just his past actions catching up with him. If he hadnt done some of the stupid things in the past it might of been looked at differently, but we've seen what he is capable of ....
Haha,he lost control over the car at 16km/h(probably read from telemetry data)...and I thought I am so bad driver
I don't understand this discussion, let me quote myself.

Quote from traxxion :Of course it was on purpose and of course he will never admit. This exactly is the reason why I admire the guy, it's straight genious if you ask me.
You could see clearly he blew his fast laptime in the chicane after the tunnel by bouncing over the kerbs too hard. On the little straight after that he was repositioning himself in the cockpit in a "ok-that-was-it, my-last-chance" style. That was visible in the second split time as well, as he had lost over 2/10's of a second.
He might even have heard over the radio that Alonso was on a quick pace behind him and did the only thing that could save his pole position; acting like he made a mistake.

It is SO obvious that he did it on purpose.
if he just cranked the lock on instead of steering straight he would have got round
What frustrates me is that the sports governing body,the FIA seems to let him get away with little or no punishment so often. Max Mosley said he would not say that Schumacher was 'cheating' but still relegated him to the back of the grid.If MSC was not cheating, why was he relegated and if he did cheat he should have been disqualified from the race.
Quote from Daveebee :What frustrates me is that the sports governing body,the FIA seems to let him get away with little or no punishment so often. Max Mosley said he would not say that Schumacher was 'cheating' but still relegated him to the back of the grid.If MSC was not cheating, why was he relegated and if he did cheat he should have been disqualified from the race.

Absolutely spot on! I'd have banned him for two races.
IMO its because of who he is.

look at what his punishment was after trying to ram JV in '97.

he just had his points taken away.

also, look and see who he drives for.

some may argue that a certain team is so important to F1 that they ARE F1!illepall illepall
A certain other driver got to retain his WDC title after intentionally punting another driver off in the first turn of a race. And that was after he announced doing so the night before.
Quote from zorrofox :Absolutely spot on! I'd have banned him for two races.

F1_SPORTING_REGULATIONS

116) a) Any driver whose car stops on the circuit during the qualifying session will not be permitted to take any further part in the session. Any car which stops on the circuit during the qualifying session, and which is returned to the pits before the end of the session, will be held in parc ferme until the end of the session.
b) If, in the opinion of the stewards, a driver deliberately stops on the circuit or impedes another driver in any way during the qualifying practice session his times will be cancelled.
Quote from Hoellsen :A certain other driver got to retain his WDC title after intentionally punting another driver off in the first turn of a race. And that was after he announced doing so the night before.

They always say, don't blame the student, blame the teacher.
How many times since Schumacher has been driving in F1 have we seen him plead his innocence after committing some devious trick or shrugging his shoulders as if to say 'who me?' He did it to Damon Hill, attepted to do it to Jaques Villeneuve, he even tried it on his own brother. A great driver he may be, but his attitude stinks. The FIA is spineless, fining the team and driver doesn't really hurt them all that much,but docking points or banning them from races might.
And make the season even more boring? After all, Ferrari is atm the only team that can challenge Renault.
At least last Sunday, it looked, as if McLaren can challange them very well.
Fisichella and Montoya were also on fast laps and could have beaten him.
“Michael will enter the history books at the best Formula 1 driver of all time.”

illepall
Quote from zeugnimod :“Michael will enter the history books at the best Formula 1 driver of all time.”

illepall

He cannot achieve that title, to achieve that he would have had to beat Senna's records in less GPs than Senna achieved them in but he hasn't. He's a brilliant driver but not the best of all time.
Quote :to achieve that he would have had to beat Senna's records in less GPs than Senna achieved

Mind you, he won more races in 161 GP than Senna, has the better start/win ratio, won his first title earlier. The only record he did not break in less starts than Senna is the pole record.

Mind you again, this is not me saying MSC is better than Senna (I rate those two, Rindt, Clark and Fangio on the same level and I refuse to say there is one single best driver), it is only saying that based on statistics, the arguments speak for MSC.
Quote from zeugnimod :“Michael will enter the history books at the best Formula 1 driver of all time.”

illepall

This should be sung to the tune 'Deutchland uber alles'
Quote from Daveebee :This should be sung to the tune 'Deutchland uber alles'

The words don't fit the melody...

Mi-chael will en-ter the his-to-ry,
books as the best F1 driver'f'all time...

see?

Ferrari cheats at monaco?
(232 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG