The online racing simulator
Ferrari cheats at monaco?
(232 posts, started )
BTW James Allen's comment straight after the incident is very biased, or even too suggestive. and yes he is annoying with all the button talks :/
Neither Button nor Schumacher would make good role models. Schumacher because he's so unsporting, and Button because James Allen can out drive him.

James Allen is a useless commentator, but I quite like Martin Brundle. Maybe it's because he's the last link to the Murray Walker era.

I'm glad that footballing guy has gone now, Rosenthall or whatever his name was, I really dont need a presenter who confesses to never having watched a Formula One race before getting the job, but sadly, he's better than this Golf commentator is that we get now.

I used to like Mark Blundell, we worked in the same offices (Mill Studios, Ware, Hertfordshire). I never spoke to him, but it was a connection that made F1 seem closer so I wanted him to do well - but the man isn't cut out for commentary, even Ide spoke better English.
In a few years you will all have a new driver to hate. A lot of the bad press is exactly that: bad press. I can't think of a single F1 reporter/writer in the last twenty years that has ever had a straight story to tell.

If Michael farted in public there would be thousands of people (including every other team manager) to claim that he was trying to unfairly alter the air pressure before the race to allow Ferrari to gain an advantage along the straights.
Quote from AdamW :Er, you think? I always watch the TSN broadcast here in Canada rather than the Speed Channel one, so I get the U.K. commentary...the Speed guys are funnier but seem to have no idea what the hell they're talking about half the time. Anyway, none of them are a patch on Murray. Sigh.

I still think Martin Brundle is a class act, but I think what Steve Matchett gives away in first hand driving knowledge, he more than makes up for with technical knowledge. Despite having retired from F1 he keeps very much on top of the technology and has a lot of contacts in the sport.

David Hobbs is the funny guy, but he's most prone to making mistakes out of the three. Bob Varsha knows his stuff and keeps things in check, but can also be quite amusing. Overall I like the Speed commentators and none of them are as annoying as ITV's James Allen, who's a complete tool. Of the few races I usually still catch in the UK, he's still as annoying as ever and seems to drag Martin down a little.

Where Speed falls down compared to ITV is the below par pre-race section (Peter Windsor is OK as the reporter in the paddock, but his new-for-2006 grid walk isn't a patch on Brundle's), and the need to show adverts for other Speed channel shows during the live race (but that's US TV for you).

Until we get the option of commercial-free PPV F1 coverage again, I'm quite happy with Speed. It was a nice surprise to have coverage that compared favourably to ITV, with the added bonus of not having James Allen.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
it'd be more like watching a race with a bunch of stupid mates in the pub.

That's quite a good way of putting it. I frequently found myself shouting at the TV when suffering James Allen, Tony Jardine or Jim Rosenthal on ITV. With Speed I find myself laughing along with the commentators - can make the most boring races more fun.

Unfortunately, as this race is shown first by CBS, I'll be back to shouting at the TV
sniffpetrol.com has an interesting take on James Allen, I cant say the name of their campaign here or quote any of it because the language is ... unreproduceable, but worth a look if you hate James Allen
Quote from Becky Rose :sniffpetrol.com has an interesting take on James Allen, I cant say the name of their campaign here or quote any of it because the language is ... unreproduceable, but worth a look if you hate James Allen

You mean 'stop the cock'? lol
Quote from aoun :This is what i mean when i say hes not the best driver out there!!!

Did it to damon hill, did it to villeneurve and did it to montoya.. now he did it to everyone but mainly alonso! He does this when hes scared .

And to Coulthard, Argentina 1998
Quote from Matrixi :I'm starting to completely agree on Beckys thoughts on Schumi after watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNeDgiANfw

To be fair half the incidents on that video clearly weren't actually michael's fault. The clip at the end with the mclaren for example.
Quote from tristancliffe :Then the rear of the car stepped out, which he corrected, as seen by the second or so on opposite lock. An F1 car can slide for a (relatively) long time on opposite lock (see Schumi at Monaco '96 in the wet), and it wasn't, as seems to be the opinion here, just steering straight.

you might want to watch that again ... he steers straight 2 times ... the first time to correct a slide the second time to get too the wall (the second time hes already way too slow to be in any serious oversteer situation)
Looked like he purposely did it to me. It initially looked okay, the front-right tire lockup seemed odd. But then he could have made the turn, but he went straight to the wall instead. Just goofy. Guess he would rather make himself look bad than start second on the grid. Is pole position really THAT important to do something lame like that and make yourself look like an ass?
Quote from NetDemon01 :Is pole position really THAT important to do something lame like that and make yourself look like an ass?

At a shit track like monaco it is.
He starts the last. Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Tristan, this 'steering straight' u talk about is you controlling the car with the throttle, not with the steering.

this is an impossibility to this degree with an F1 car because the TC would kick in, so u HAVE to steer to correct it, and if u do u can hold quite big slides, so ive seen.
Tristan is a Schumacher fanboy and because of that he is blind to see what happened. Must admit that Tristan's points are good, but Schumi is 7 times world champion and maybe the best driver in the world, he doesnt do that kind of mistakes. He is a machine.
a good article supporting most people's beliefs

a moronic response by ferrariillepall

speedfreak227
Quote from XCNuse :100$ says this wasn't schumacher's idea, he wouldnt do anything like that on purpose, that is definetly the work of the team manager

tbh there's no way the team would make a call like that over the radio with the FIA listening. I personally think it was Schumacher because all the way through his career he has been known to do these sort of things and I doubt all them team managers told him to do it.

Keiran
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from tristancliffe :Did anyone notice that Alonso nearly beat Schumi's time despite the yellow flags. I haven't seen Alonso's splits, but to back off and still get within a hundredth of Micheal's time he must have had a STORMING first part of the lap, and surely that would have been noticed by now? So why isn't Alonso penalised for not lifting during a yellow? Wasn't Senna penalised for not lifting at Spa in '92 following an accident?

He was 0,3 sec ahead at the second split, and lost 0,4 seconds in the last corner, so he lifted which can be seen from an onboard-vid I got to see elsewhere.
Quote :tbh there's no way the team would make a call like that over the radio with the FIA listening.

Ferrari do indeed use encrypted radio transmissions (no other team does) and no mention of the transcript has been listed as evidence in any article i've read so far. Ferrari claimed that there was just a lot of swearing going over it, but to be honest, I really cannot see even Ferrari giving an order such as that over the radio to Schumacher.

They might be willing to have given such an order to Massa, but he took care of his own stopping on the track incident and frankly it didn't do them any favours at all.

Anyway, i've still not managed to find out if he is allowed to chose a new fuel strategy or if he is stuck on the fuel he had for Q3. I think it is the later as no special rules are given in article Schumacher was penalised under, but i'm guessing.
Quote from joshdifabio :To be fair half the incidents on that video clearly weren't actually michael's fault. The clip at the end with the mclaren for example.

There is only one video that I'd say was 50/50 and that was the last one with Coulthard. The rest of them Schumacher is being the dirty driver he is

1st one - Schumacher needs his team-mate to give up the win

2nd - Schmacher goes off the track hits the wall and re joins slowly. Hill takes the inside but Mr Schumacher knows that this will cost him the championship so takes Hill out to end Hills championship chance. Schumachers suspension was bent - he would have felt that through the steering wheel.

3rd - The Ferrari is clearly along side him both times yet dirtyMacher turns in and smacks the side of it and he continues to do so even after getting another Blue flag.

4th - Schumacher passes Coulthard under yellows

5th - Schumacher runs into the back of Coulthard, stupid to say the least. Why try take the slipstream off Coulthard is such extreme conditions and the fact he claimed Coulthard tried to kill him topped that off

6th - Schumacher is really late in defending and insists on squeezing Mika onto the grass. Not as bad as the rest but still unsportsman like.

7th - Crosses the pit line to take out the car on the outside.

8th - Turns in far too early but this is all because he wants to hit Jaque

9th - Comes out the Girls toilets

10th - hmm a close call but Schumacher seems to come across the track and break heavily in front of Fisi (I think).

11th - Not sure on this one, Coulthard should have been more cautious while sweeping across.

Keiran
Though I haven't read all posts so this might've been mentioned.. In the press conference he said he didn't WANT to backup coz he didn't know what was comming. However with the substantial steering lock they run he'd only have to back up 50cm in order to be able to drive away.

The speed of the car was much too low to mark the last 'steer left' action as 'opposite lock'. He's a baaaaad actor and sport.
schumi is actually quite prone to stupid mistakes imo....australia for example,and anyone remember last year's chinese GP? he ran into christian albers.
Calling me a fanboy of Schumi because I don't agree with a lot of you here is the stupidest thing I've heard all day. Please, drop the insults, and lets have a discussion please Blackout.

I have watched it over and over again, and I maintain my position that it was a mistake. Will - you can control a slide with zero lock even if it's not on the power. Some slides need a reduction of lock (but still the correct way), some need oppostive lock, others need zero lock, power or no power.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle as it's cool to hate Schumi, and everyone has jumped on the bandwagon either by making an assumption that he's cheated before considering it fully, or because they don't actually understand what they see on the TV. Out of the 155 posts in this thread I think only 6 people maybe have made contributing and considered posts, everyone else is just flaming.
Well, sorry about that. But Schumi has done some stypid things in the past, and things have been forgotten and maybe forgiven because it seemed he has learnt and stopped those silly tricks. But when something suspisious like this happens all that what was forgotten comes out again. Its like with the story with a litle kid who cheated villagers shouting that wolves were attacking him, and everyone went to look, he did this many times and when the wolf really came and he cried for help nobody believed it. Nobody believes Schumi now even if it was really an accident is because what he did many years ago. And what it comes to yesterday, stewards have made their disission which in my opinion was totally right. They saw from the telemetry that he braked much more than in previous laps or in any laps, way too much. Can you give this any reasonable explantion, why would he like to brake any harder if he didnt have more speed than in previous laps? You could say because the line was wrong, but why was it. But now Im off to watch the pre-race thingys
@tristancliffe

As much as i thought i would never say it, and even though schmii is a big cheater and a half, im starting to agree with you.. i said before he locked up.. straightened to "unlock" himself and didnt bother to turn.. but when you look at it.. it DOES look like a driver error, and personally now i think it is.. its just, when ya see him try to take out villz, monty, DC and hill.. and afew others, watching that will make you think straight away, wat a fukin cheater.. dont get me wrong, schmii is the last person on my fan list.. wouldnt even be on it..

some of you are saying.. if im right, some of you are saying hes crap eg australia etc.. well your contridicting yourself because if he was a crap driver, then surely it would be a driver error..

then again, my belief is that he made it look like a driving error that none of us know if it was or wasnt but him..

Ferrari cheats at monaco?
(232 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG