(46 posts, started )
-
(-Ville-Matti-) DELETED by -Ville-Matti-
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Quote from Fordman :Here is my Config file for SoftTH
[..]
2nd screen doesn't work, only on main monitor

If you delete this config, put the 3 files I've sent you on the LFS folder, does it ask you to auto-create a config file the first time you launch it ?
If it does, it is a problem of config file.
If it doesn't, it is a problem of dx converter.

Also, make sure anti-aliasing is disabled form the graphic card's driver.
And last (just to be sure ), not all the views in LFS are rendered on multiple screens (cockpit is, of course).
Quote from luchian :If you delete this config, put the 3 files I've sent you on the LFS folder, does it ask you to auto-create a config file the first time you launch it ?

Also, make sure anti-aliasing is disabled form the graphic card's driver.
And last (just to be sure ), not all the views in LFS are rendered on multiple screens (cockpit is, of course).

ok bare with me will check now......

Please hold caller....................
ok attached is the view I get from stretched (my settings, to when I do Shift F4.)

The three files in your zip file are the two DX files and a enbconvertor.ini file, there is no config file.

Fordie
Attached images
no go.jpg
Answers
Quote from luchian :If you delete this config, put the 3 files I've sent you on the LFS folder, does it ask you to auto-create a config file the first time you launch it ? Yes it does

Also, make sure anti-aliasing is disabled form the graphic card's driver. YES IT IS

WTF am I doing wrong, nothing that you mention is working, I have tried all the above, and nothing, just a single screen, the only thing that works is windowed and stretching it, it must be me

Is it a limitation for onboard dual GFX display?? Remember I am using Intel onboard GFX dual here, VGA and DVI-D

Fordie

1080p 24 inch monitor and a 17 inch square side monitor, slightly offset to match my wheel. I love the sense of speed.
It's all about immersion, people

I only turn off "Acceleration shifts viewpoint" when I'm in a car where my crash helmet is bolted to the rollcage.

I only set the FOV any higher than 68 if I want to drive from the backseat, or lower than 68 if I want to drive from the bonnet. That's for this size of monitor, as close to my eyes as I can get it.

I have the wheel and arms turned on so that I see them and can thus forget my real wheel and arms which, relative to my screen, would be at a ludicrous distance from the dashboard.

I have a monsterous sub-woofer that I butt my pedals up to for the vibrations and I crank up the volume as loud as I can get away with depending on the rest of the household - headphones if they're asleep. Echo volume turned right up too, just 'cause it's awesome when you buzz a walled apex.

FFB at 50%. I'd have it higher if I had the strength to race like that for as long as I get to race in a given session.

I have a couple of guilty pleasures for all my settings snobbery - a little wheel turn compensation that I'm working on reducing and virtual mirrors/onion radar panel which is more for the sake of you lot than me
Quote from Fordman :[..]
The three files in your zip file are the two DX files and a enbconvertor.ini file, there is no config file.

This is normal, the config file is created upon first launch.
Otherwise, I am kinda out of ideas.. are you able to find an old graphics card and plug-it into your computer, just to try connecting one of your monitors elsewhere ?
Quote from Fordman :How did you get that working, please let me know? Is that stretched or full screen???

Fordie

eyefinity.

then in the settings I set 1 screen in the middle and 1 screen right and after a little tweaking it was done :P
76 degrees with head movement basically but not quite off in cockpit view.
Used to use 90. Sense of speed is greater with high fov, but lower fov helps with precision and with perception of yaw.
Almost have it working (SoftTH). I brought a cheap GFX card so now I get 2 monitors on LFS (The one on the left and the centre one) but not the one of the right, although SoftTH detects all screens.

Now updating drivers, so will see how we go

Guess who's got it working :huepfenic:

LFS is :jawdrop: Just add's another dimension
Attached images
Awesome.jpg
Congrats, I wish I had 3 monitors too
Quote from Flame CZE :Congrats, I wish I had 3 monitors too

Helps where I work. I rip out the old equipment and install new....no way was I going to bin 3 x 20" LED monitors all the same make
My settings currently, or what I have used lately when I'm just driving around.

That might change depending if I'll get a second monitor.
Attached images
settings.jpg
actually i use slightly different custom cockpit settings for almost every car to create a realistic in car viewpoint for me in relation to my wheel and seating position. doing this my biggest problem is the restricted area of movement for the rearview mirror that i can not adust as good in all cars when i found my favourite seating position.
my line of sight is almost horizontal, because i sit very deep in a playseat and my monitor is about 20cm in front of my wheel on a desk.
sometimes i switch to the bigger plasma screen, but that is then about 80cm to 1m in front of me and has its bottom a bit deeper at about 60cm above ground and the top of the picture is a bit above my eye line so in that case i am looking slightly downwards and have to change the ingame view a bit so the wheel is not covering the gauges.
for fov i think i use the lfs default both on 20´ 1680x1050 or on the 32´with 1280x720.

peace, mo
Bump.

Single monitor, 1680x1050.
Cockpit view here with FOV 86 for XFR.

I'm interested/my question is - which FOV would give the most realistic sense of speed in cockpit view, for this resolution and for this car? LFS default maybe?

Your View
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG