The online racing simulator
Your View
(46 posts, started )
Your View
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering, what "in car / cockpit view" do you use, I.e FOV ( There Storm, Nilex I said it correctly tonight ) and other settings.

I only ask, as after 11yrs of using wheel view with FOV of 120 ( I liked the sence of speed ) I have changed to cockpit view.

This is my setting currently, and I think its pretty close to the real thing, but with so many racing drivers here and alien drivers, just wondered what do you use??

Cheers

Fordie
Attached images
View.jpg
I have been using cockpit view since I first played LFS. And recently, I tried lowering my FOV from 90° to around 70° and I am still gradually going lower with it.

You lose the sense of speed but you should better judge the distance along with other advantages, when you get used to it.

It also depends how large your screen is (and its aspect ratio) and how close to the monitor you sit. The further you have your monitor from you, the less FOV you need to compensate. I think there are some calculators for optimal FOV on the Internet, but they usually output very low angles, so you will have to adjust it for your preference anyway.
#3 - delis
I am no alien driver and this is my view. Low FOV and an odd view I've got used to from Gran Turismo 4 on the Playstation 2...
Attached images
lfs_00001932.jpg
i use follow view
Quote from Flame CZE :I have been using cockpit view since I first played LFS. And recently, I tried lowering my FOV from 90° to around 70° and I am still gradually going lower with it.

You lose the sense of speed but you should better judge the distance along with other advantages, when you get used to it.

It also depends how large your screen is (and its aspect ratio) and how close to the monitor you sit. The further you have your monitor from you, the less FOV you need to compensate. I think there are some calculators for optimal FOV on the Internet, but they usually output very low angles, so you will have to adjust it for your preference anyway.

I would say my monitor is 1/2 foot away from me and am running 1600x900 on a 20" widescreen
This is what i use.

What comes to wheel options i use 900 at game and 450 720 580 at windows control panel depending what car i use (G25).
Wheel turn compensation 0.00 and FFB 0-15...
If you use these wheel settings you can feel car much better. Some drivers use 200- 270 deg. every car but imo its not real, and feels kinda lame. only benefits is that you can react more quicker on car behaviour.
Allso im trying to drive without wheel and driver at cockpit view. Feels super good ;p
Attached images
fov.jpg
Here is my setup

Left Monitor is used for Xbox ( football ) and I don't dual screen LFS
Attached images
IMG_00000048.jpg
Quote from Jatimc :This is what i use.

What comes to wheel options i use 900 at game and 450 720 580 at windows control panel depending what car i use (G25).
If you use these wheel settings you can feel car much better. Some drivers use 200- 270 deg. every car but imo its not real, and feels kinda lame. only benefits is that you can react more quicker on car behaviour.
Allso im trying to drive without wheel and driver at cockpit view. Feels super good ;p

I actually use very similar settings (both view and steering wheel) and I agree wtih you
I stared off LFS with 110° FOV (ridicuous) when I played on my 24" iMac. Slowly but surely I've been reducing that. Now I use a 70° for Formula and 80° for Road cars (need to see mirrors!).

Always in car camera, and (in road cars) I'm unusual and use RHD, even though North America is an LHD place.
I used to play with wheel view on my very first PC, but when i got better machine, i switched to cockpit view, 90 degrees FOV and been racing that way ever since.
80° field of view, default cockpit view with the camera position far enough back to see the side mirror (unless it clips into the seat).
Quote from Jatimc :This is what i use.

Thank you for detailed settings, i shall give them a bash
23' single monitor, 97 FOV (love high fov)
playing with mouse = hands + wheel on
playing with wheel = hands and wheel off
always in car camera of course
Attached images
uyyy.jpg
24" screen, mouse
Attached images
asd.jpg
Quote from Fordman :Here is my setup

Left Monitor is used for Xbox ( football ) and I don't dual screen LFS

uhmmm... you should do triples it would be epic
2 Wheel view with 110/115º POV on a 24" monitor
Attached images
pov.jpg
My View Point
It's the fastest view by far! I can't drive any other way

Okay, not really. I'll post my real view in a day or two : ). This is just for LOL's
Attached images
Forces.jpg
Quote from OTone :2 Wheel view with 110/115º POV on a 24" monitor

omg nubcake
Quote from Bmxtwins :uhmmm... you should do triples it would be epic

Like this? Haven't configured it properly yet though
Attached images
IMG107.jpg
The UI scaling in this game is horrible as ****.

27" monitor @ 1440p.
Attached images
view.jpg
Quote from Bmxtwins :uhmmm... you should do triples it would be epic

How would I do that, when I only use a Intel onboard HD GFX which has VGA out and DVI-D out. Problem is the centre screen is 20" wide LED, and the right had screen in 19" Wide LED (Different Resolutions)

I tried Dual screen, but the only way was to stretch LFS across both monitors which looked aweful.

Any tips, greatfullly received
Lets give you all a laugh.

Two pictures are Old View and New View

So if you see me online, I am learning my new view so please bare with me ROFL

Also, if anybody knows how to get LFS working on 2 screens full window, not stretched, let me know. I tried Softth and cannot get it working. The stretched view doesn't look to back on this new PC (tried it on old PC) so will stick with it

Cheers

Fordie
Attached images
Old View.jpg
New View.jpg
Hi Luchian,

Yeah I read that thread, and still cannot get it to work properly, even downloaded the new version for Windows 7, still no joy

Fordie
Here is my Config file for SoftTH

[main]
renderResolution=3040x900
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=0
smoothing=1
debugD3D=0
zClear=1
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg