The online racing simulator
fxo\fxr dials ?
(18 posts, started )
fxo\fxr dials ?
is there a file for that ?
or lfs devs made that only for xf\xr ?

my process monitor is acting funny and cant make it work , dont know why ... so iam asking you guys .

Sorry I can't actually help, just wanted to subscribe to the thread since it awakens interest in me.
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Sorry I can't actually help, just wanted to subscribe to the thread since it awakens interest in me.

Quote from shimon-ifraimov :is there a file for that ?
or lfs devs made that only for xf\xr ?

my process monitor is acting funny and cant make it work , dont know why ... so iam asking you guys .

What are trying to do? Please be more precise. I dont get it.
Quote from rosewood2 :What are trying to do? Please be more precise. I dont get it.

He wants to know if there is a file/texture that can be edited to change the in-car gauges.
Quote from edge3147 :He wants to know if there is a file/texture that can be edited to change the in-car gauges.

dont think there is anyway , thats too bad :[
AFAIK: The font, along with all the other gauge stuff is actually drawn by LFS from data/code inside the EXE.
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80600 - post from 4th February

I wrote to Tsuka some time ago but he hasn't replied so far.... For now we can only pray for it to get finished
Quote from Darecki :https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80600 - post from 4th February

I wrote to Tsuka some time ago but he hasn't replied so far.... For now we can only pray for it to get finished

I really dont understand what things i can with this besides changing fonts and clocks , i was talking about the texture lfs devs added for the dash like in Xr Xf cars , all other cars just show black backround like in pic . Can this be changed with this editor thingy ?
Oh, you wrote dials so I thought you mean the gauges
Well, this black thing around gauges cannot be modified, only xf/xr.
Actually... All these gauges (including black background as well) is a one single texture splitted into smaller ones.. So if you properly edit that texture somehow, you could make something what would look pretty much like the one from xf/xr.
Quote from Darecki :Oh, you wrote dials so I thought you mean the gauges
Well, this black thing around gauges cannot be modified, only xf/xr.
Actually... All these gauges (including black background as well) is a one single texture splitted into smaller ones.. So if you properly edit that texture somehow, you could make something what would look pretty much like the one from xf/xr.

i think only way to really do what i want with the car is to import the 3dmodel to 3ds max and improove everything ! but no point of doing that because lfs devs wont put it into the game anyway so...
Yea in 3ds/zmod you can add something like that from xf/xr, but still, you can't modify the texture of gauges.
Generally FXO still hasn't been "face-lifted" (and probably never will be..) XF and XR didn't have such things earlier too.
Quote from Darecki :Yea in 3ds/zmod you can add something like that from xf/xr, but still, you can't modify the texture of gauges.
Generally FXO still hasn't been "face-lifted" (and probably never will be..) XF and XR didn't have such things earlier too.

once you get the 3dmodel into 3ds max, there is no need for texture on the
gauges , you just make a real 3d one instead of just fake texture one.
light will be reflected better too i think .

i really dont understand the devs somtimes , why do they think that releasing a car with no suspension\steering column and many many other things is acceptble ?
why not just do a propre job at the first time ?
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :
i really dont understand the devs somtimes , why do they think that releasing a car with no suspension\steering column and many many other things is acceptble ?
why not just do a propre job at the first time ?

You have to bear in mind that the cars are pretty much the same that got released on 2002/2003, in those days they had an acceptable level of detail. Nowadays they are totally outdated, nobody could argue that hehe
Quote from Whiskey :You have to bear in mind that the cars are pretty much the same that got released on 2002/2003, in those days they had an acceptable level of detail. Nowadays they are totally outdated, nobody could argue that hehe

well its 2013 now , you can easily make 1 steering column each day for each car and well , lets see... that will take like 1 week of work ?
i just started on some basic stuff in 3ds max and i noticed that there is an option of ready made springs and dampers ...

just feels like this game is just a project ... a WIP that will never get to be finished ever and thats too bad .
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :
just feels like this game is just a project ... a WIP that will never get to be finished ever and thats too bad .

The game is in alpha, after all.

fxo\fxr dials ?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG