The online racing simulator
Racingstars.tv, my possible way into racing.
(44 posts, started )
Racingstars.tv, my possible way into racing.
So!

A while ago I entered myself for a new Belgian tv show called Racingstars. It's a new concept about men and women dreaming to drive in the 24 Hours of Zolder for this year.

There where a few assignments you had to do like: A decent motivation text why you wanted to enter, make a movie to introduce yourself etc...

So 4 days ago on Facebook they announced 100 people would be selected to have tests this sunday and from there 24 people would be selected to go on. I was full of hope waiting for an email but it never came.....

Until today! It was around 11.00h and was working when one of my collegues called me and said "There is someone here for you." So I thought: "Ah, what now again, someone from the family?!".... Oh boy, was I wrong. As I entered the store coming from the area where I work there was a TV-Crew and a guy in a suit and helmet to hand me over some letter.... Then I knew: I was in!
In there was an invitation to the selection day this Sunday. I've also had an interview etc..

So really happy right now and hope I can make it further They also have been following my succes in drifting so I think that kinda helped too. And most people just got an email to say they where in, I got a full TV-Crew

I'll keep you guys updated as we speak! TV broadcasting will start in April on a Belgian channel but I will try to record it and upload it.

They will start off in a new MX-5 cupcar and that will be upgraded allong the way to the 24 Hours of Zolder!

Nice
Wow, really cool, congrats! Keep us updated.
I made it in. I'm with the 24 selected ones!

Just got the dates now wich are for the next days, so now looking to re-arange my whole holidays
I guess you don't mind much rescheduling your holidays due to an opportunity like this.

Good luck winning that race
Not at all, maybe some less drifting this year. But it's a chance I can't miss and maybe good to save some more money
Good luck. Hope you win xD
Very cool!

Congrats and good luck!

And remember .. Respect is everything!
Tomorrow is the next test. Driving a few laps at the racetrack (MX-5 cup car and Mazda6) and drifting. I think I'm good for this one!
Good luck Scrabby, knock 'em all down!
Congrats on getting to the 24 stage and good luck with that. Hope you enjoy the experience and have fun...
Thanks!

I'm through to the next round. Was really fun yesterday. First we all got a nice alpinestars suit wich i will post a pic of later.

To begin off, we had to drive a few laps in a Mazda MX-5 streetcar or Mazda 6 streetcar. I had the Mazda 6 (FWD stationwagon). Was actually a good car, was fun to drive and the intructor was really pleased with my driving. I just took it easy, don't over do anything. After that I had to get in the MX-5 cup car and also drive a few laps in that. Same as the street car, all went well and they where happy with it. Next test was a skidding test. You had to accelerate fast, go into 2nd, press clutch and they would pull the handbrake to create a oversteer situation. Then you had to control the car and get it straight again. Was easy for me
There wasn't much else to do except waiting ALOT, it's TV so you can expect that...

Next test will be actually drifting only, so again I'm pretty safe for that one
Push push push, Scrabby!
make them girls wet with your handbrake skills!
I will!

Funny thing is... i allready drove one of the driftcars in competition that will be used next time. Le epicness
Quote from Scrabby :I will!

Funny thing is... i allready drove one of the driftcars in competition that will be used next time. Le epicness

Get someone to film it!
It will be on TV and the episodes will be online too. But they moved it to June to broadcast so have to wait
great opportunity! Do they let you take pics on the set while you're waiting around?
Hmm, not really. I maybe can take some with my phone but don't know if they will like it. I will try next time

Beginning from the center, I'm the third to the right on the back.

Lekker wijfjes
Jij weet het!
cool story! go for it!
Thanks, hope I will get far!

And please like the page if you read this people, I need as much as likes as I can get!
This is pretty fake and gay.

Good luck.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG