The online racing simulator
almost like my grandfather starts his garden rotary machine first time in very year
The voice close enough too...
Race results pls?
Quote from dekojester :Driver Ray "Bmxtwins" Kingsbury placed on NDR Probation through 30 June 2013 for multiple incidents and unsafe driving during Round 3.

Meh, was anticipated.
Quote from dekojester :
WITHDRAW 65 Stig Breeding Program #2
ADDED 21 Stig Breeding Program PRO (Technically a rename from the Am car, shifted class)

So if 21 is a new car why do they have points for R1 and R2
Quote from Bmxtwins :So if 21 is a new car why do they have points for R1 and R2

Why should it affect overall standings?
Quote from Bmxtwins :So if 21 is a new car why do they have points for R1 and R2

They only changed their class, not their car selection, and therefor keep their overall points.
Well the rules arent very clear
Well an AM team would be eligable to be a pro team at any point, so why would they lose their points? That should be common sense. Only problem would be if a team could go the other way without issues, in my opinion.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Well an AM team would be eligable to be a pro team at any point, so why would they lose their points? That should be common sense. Only problem would be if a team could go the other way without issues, in my opinion.

Agreed. I cannot see any reason for why they should lose their points, tbh.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Meh, was anticipated.

I suppose that makes it perfectly ok

On the SBR Am car moving to pro. I would guess that as it moves to the 'more competitive' for lack of a better term, class, it should keep it's Am points to at least be on terms with teams in class after 2 rounds.

Seeing as their drivers are classed as Am drivers I think it is a really bold and good move of them to move to Pro. Especially as they have proven their worth on the race track so far this season.

Oscar.
well, then the am car should be removed from the points, and the AM points and PRO points will have to be recalculated?
im ready to re run the races just to cease your whining already.
Quote from Bmxtwins :well, then the am car should be removed from the points, and the AM points and PRO points will have to be recalculated?

They raced as an AM team as an AM car under the rules that apply for an AM car in those races, so why would the AM points be recalculated? Its not like if a team withdraws from PRO, they should recalculate the points as if they never raced in PRO so why would it be different in AM?

In overall championship: They raced as an AM car, which would also be legal to race as a pro car -> so no reason to do anything there

AM championship: After round 2, they havent been eligable to score points as an AM car, so havent scored points as an AM car since then

Either you're making a big deal out of nothing, or I don't understand at all what your point is
Quote from Bmxtwins :well, then the am car should be removed from the points, and the AM points and PRO points will have to be recalculated?

The points are tied to the car NUMBER for the spreadsheet, anything else is an exceptional case to the matters of the spreadsheet's workings.

No more points will be tied to their old Am car, but I did manually add the Am car's points from Rounds 1 and 2 to the OVERALL Standing.

They are starting on 0 for the professional classification, as they were not racing amongst the other pro cars in those two rounds, so they were not considering those implications.

They will no longer score any more points to the Amateur championship.

Any time you switch between classes, your OVERALL points are just that - overall. They will transfer as long as you don't change your car.

You cannot transfer points earned in the Amateur class to the Pro class, nor from the Pro class to the Am class.
Quote from IsaacPrice :They raced as an AM team as an AM car under the rules that apply for an AM car in those races, so why would the AM points be recalculated? Its not like if a team withdraws from PRO, they should recalculate the points as if they never raced in PRO so why would it be different in AM?

In overall championship: They raced as an AM car, which would also be legal to race as a pro car -> so no reason to do anything there

AM championship: After round 2, they havent been eligable to score points as an AM car, so havent scored points as an AM car since then

Either you're making a big deal out of nothing, or I don't understand at all what your point is

Well i was just wondering why they would be acored twice in the overall really

GT1WS 2013 Round 3: Race Discussion
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG