GT1WS 2013 Round 3: Race Discussion

Round 3 of the 2013 GT1 World Series, the 1000km of Westhill International.

Please find attached an official circuit diagram. Please use the indicated sectors of track when you are filing protests, or other reports to officials. The administration will use those sector names to indicate incident conditions.

We will be on SimRace.tv Stream 1 for this round, so feel free to start sharing that information already.

Discuss!
Attached images
WE1.png
Going to be an interesting to see xrr strategy
1 hour stint as FZR strategy
And xrr can do one less stop maybe?
Quote from Bmxtwins :And xrr can do one less stop maybe?

no

Quote from kiste :
- {Emyn, Valtteri Pitkänen, Finland}
- {Fl4sh-, Toni Lähteenmäki, Finland}
- {Tomhah, Tommy Østgaard, Norway}

Is Tommy allowed to do that?
40 laps with tyres is already challenging I don't think any team will do 50 ^^ Always been some tyres issues in Westhill with GT1
Quote from IsaacPrice :no

Is Tommy allowed to do that?

Why should I not? You are allowed to do two team-changes a season. This is my first one. It says all my laps were invalidated, not that I am excluded from the round.
If TRR had a 2nd driver who had put in a good time to go further, I could have still driven the race and qual for TRR, couldnt I?
#8 - kiste
Think so too. The teams are jsut DSQ for their Prequaly laps not for the race itself.
You arent allowed to drive for more than 1 team for 1 race, and you drove for TRR in PreQ, so arent for CoRe in the race. That's my understanding anyway, checked it out because we wanted to swap Robin at Round 1 to the other team, but couldnt. Dunno if its different because of the DSQ
Quote from Tomhah :Why should I not? You are allowed to do two team-changes a season. This is my first one. It says all my laps were invalidated, not that I am excluded from the round.
If TRR had a 2nd driver who had put in a good time to go further, I could have still driven the race and qual for TRR, couldnt I?

Yes you can change teams twice in the season.

No, you cannot change teams during a round once you have participated with a team. GT1 World Series Rules Book VIII.4: "The driver credited with the fastest time in pre-qualifying for a team will be locked to that team for the remainder of that round"

Even though your times were disallowed, you are still tied to #06 Team Rock Racing for the remainder of the round, so you cannot move to CoRe Racing or any other team.
Quote from dekojester :Yes you can change teams twice in the season.

No, you cannot change teams during a round once you have participated with a team. GT1 World Series Rules Book VIII.4: "The driver credited with the fastest time in pre-qualifying for a team will be locked to that team for the remainder of that round"

Even though your times were disallowed, you are still tied to #06 Team Rock Racing for the remainder of the round, so you cannot move to CoRe Racing or any other team.

Since all my laps were invalidated, I do not have a fastest lap, do I?
Quote from tomhah :since all my laps were invalidated, i do not have a fastest lap, do i?

Quote from dekojester :even though your times were disallowed, you are still tied to #06 team rock racing for the remainder of the round, so you cannot move to core racing or any other team.

facepalm
Quote from Denny12 :facepalm

GT1 World Series Rules Book VIII.4: "The driver credited with the fastest time in pre-qualifying for a team will be locked to that team for the remainder of that round"

I have no time.
Quote from Tomhah :GT1 World Series Rules Book VIII.4: "The driver credited with the fastest time in pre-qualifying for a team will be locked to that team for the remainder of that round"

I have no time.

Since you were the only one to participate, you still have the fastest time: Even though they were disallowed to the official result (ie you can't use the times to get into the race) they are still used for the participation check.
Quote from dekojester :Since you were the only one to participate, you still have the fastest time: Even though they were disallowed to the official result (ie you can't use the times to get into the race) they are still used for the participation check.

Cool. Where is that written in the rules? I could not find it. Would been great if you could link it to me, so I know where to look next time
Quote from Tomhah :Cool. Where is that written in the rules? I could not find it. Would been great if you could link it to me, so I know where to look next time

Allow me to explain the execution of results by way of example:

There are two drivers, A and B in a session, Driver A sets a fastest time of 1:30.12 and Driver B a time of 1:30.22.

1) Driver A gets Disqualified for whatever infraction, Driver B would be the fastest because he ranks higher than Driver A because Driver B is still eligible.

2) If both Drivers A and B get disqualified, Driver A would be the fastest because they are on the same eligibility level and A is faster.
Quote from dekojester :Allow me to explain the execution of results by way of example:

There are two drivers, A and B in a session, Driver A sets a fastest time of 1:30.12 and Driver B a time of 1:30.22.

1) Driver A gets Disqualified for whatever infraction, Driver B would be the fastest because he ranks higher than Driver A because Driver B is still eligible.

2) If both Drivers A and B get disqualified, Driver A would be the fastest because they are on the same eligibility level and A is faster.

How could I possible know this before you just told me? Is it written anywhere?
From the rule you and I posted above, that is not mentioned. If you invalidate all my laps so I do not stand with a single valid lap, I dont hold any laptime, and for that reason cannot hold a fastest lap. (By what I've read from the rules).
Quote from Tomhah :How could I possible know this before you just told me? Is it written anywhere?
From the rule you and I posted above, that is not mentioned. If you invalidate all my laps so I do not stand with a single valid lap, I dont hold any laptime, and for that reason cannot hold a fastest lap. (By what I've read from the rules).

NDR Sporting Code VII.1 : "All drivers which start a session shall be listed in the session results."

Therefore, you are in the results. You are still placed, as per VII.1.2: "Drivers or teams participating in a session shall be classified as follows: By laps completed then time; or time, as appropriate. All drivers who start and are not disqualified will be ordered without considering current race status. Any driver or team who is disqualified will be placed behind all other starters. Any driver or team who does not start will not be listed in the classification."

Therefore, you are still CREDITED as the fastest of your team, since you are the highest placed. The GT1WS rule is actually interpreted as "HIGHEST PLACED" even though the rule states "FASTEST" as they are almost always one and the same. I will strengthen the wording following this round, so that it states highest placed, but it has been consistently enforced as fastest of a team. You are compared to your teammates, not the session result for the GT1WS lock.
Quote from dekojester :NDR Sporting Code VII.1 : "All drivers which start a session shall be listed in the session results."

Therefore, you are in the results. You are still placed, as per VII.1.2: "Drivers or teams participating in a session shall be classified as follows: By laps completed then time; or time, as appropriate. All drivers who start and are not disqualified will be ordered without considering current race status. Any driver or team who is disqualified will be placed behind all other starters. Any driver or team who does not start will not be listed in the classification."

Therefore, you are still CREDITED as the fastest of your team, since you are the highest placed. The GT1WS rule is actually interpreted as "HIGHEST PLACED" even though the rule states "FASTEST" as they are almost always one and the same. I will strengthen the wording following this round, so that it states highest placed, but it has been consistently enforced as fastest of a team. You are compared to your teammates, not the session result for the GT1WS lock.

Alright, thank you very much for the clarification
Any stream for the Q sessions this round?
Quote from wildstyle :Any stream for the Q sessions this round?

No qualifying session will be streamed during the 2013 GT1 World Series Campaign. Only the races.
Quote from dekojester :No qualifying session will be streamed during the 2013 GT1 World Series Campaign. Only the races.

Right, cheers.
gotta love phil's Q pace atm. even i can beat it yes i know why
I hope so, it's been my only lap.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG