The online racing simulator
LFSCART 2012: Round 8 Race Discussion
Time for the Final Oval Race of 2012 for NDR! (We have no plans for another one until the 2013 Kyoto 250 ) After the 45% completed South City Race, we head to the tradiational KY1R race that takes place in the late stages of the LFSCART Season. Instead of lots of left turning, it's lots of Right turning! 168 + 2 Pace Laps Long race. Race weekend timetable:

23:59 UTC Friday, 7 September 2012: Signups lockout begins

Saturday, 8 September 2012:

15:05 UTC Deadline for confirmation and entry requirements
17:00 UTC Qualifying, 50 minute window. Automatic Qualifier system used; One outlap, two hotlaps, one inlap. Any driver arriving before 17:50 UTC will be afforded a qualifying run
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

18:00 UTC Sunday, 9 September 2012: Signups lockout ends

RACE HAS A 3-HOUR TIME LIMIT
R2 TYRE COMPOUND ONLY

Server password and info will be PM'd to confirmed entrants after the confirmations deadline expires.
password sent. In case you think you should've gotten one, please contact me via PM so I can tell you
the understeeriest set ever :|
Ran out of electricity :|
Was in severe pain by lap 115, so I'm sorry for the accidents that I caused. Must say that I've enjoyed working with Kid222, Sascha and Ray during the race, but a concentration break caused by said pain ended up screwing mine up when I didn't give room to...Eoin, I think, so I'm deeply sorry to Eoin for getting caught up in that lapse. Apart from that, I was happy with my race, staying out of trouble during the first half and always being around the Top 10. Really sucked to finish last after a late race crash, and being turned around by Whateverhisnameiszski while pitting for repairs.
Great experience for me
After start i get up on 4th position, some nice drafting with many guys...
But then Lamonte caused some incident that cost me and Pitkannen one lap..
The rest of race i set my goal to get back in leader lap... But I wanted so match, so i closed the door for Gasiunas and it cause KRZYŻANOWSKI to crash from 2nd place..

The admins were really slow today, i had many problem cause of slow yellow flag..

Anyway, i want to say big SORRY to: KRZYŻANOWSKI

and big THANKS to: Riegler for great drafting, Dohnalik, Kapal and Cagaš for nice atmosphere on TS
Quote from nikopdr :PROTESTED's Car number(s): 14
Brief description of incident: Complete lack of seeing the surroundings, doesn't know how to lift the pedal and getting too much speed on the inside lane, veers off and takes me and CSF out.

Indeed,here's my race ruining incident (could be judged as race incident anyway):

A hit in rear wheel followed,somehow I managed avoid spinning,but lost a lot of speed,in next turn Letteriello and Pinto couldn't share track and the american run straight into my car,a lots of spins,overheated tyres,managed to run few laps with those,until lost control,spun again and blew right rear,end of the race which could be the best for me,as I managed to climb up to 4th with just few % of fuel to save,but in previous caution seeing these 2 overagressive SGP dutchmen (seen them before,I thought Eikelkamp is worst of them) right behind me,I had such a weird feeling that this won't end well...
First half of race was ok, i just tried to stay out of fights and keep it on lead lap, while second half was complete disaster, i was in too many collisions and caused some yellows, got lucky though, when i catched Rui and drafted with him, which saved me from going lap down.
In the last caution, i crashed full speed into some blue car and had to grind the wall to gain some gap from the field, to stay on lead lap, which confused Deko and he came to our TS channel, asking what's up, which i, nor anyone in that channel, could explain, because my mic was full of static on my newly installed Win7.

That all said, it feels so good to actually finish.:guitarist
#9 - CSF
I enjoyed working with Pietter, even if we did have a wobble when I thought there was a yellow coming and was desperate to be in front. Pity you didn't have the fuel, it was some lead we had at one point!

Nothing much else to say apart from sorry for the last caution that ended the race. Had been looking right and thought Steve and I had got clear, but we hadn't quite I guess.
I totally screwed up my qualifying run. I hit the outside wall in T3 when going to the second hotlap and finished 20th. But I wasn’t much worried, because I knew that grid position was not everything in oval racing.

My race strategy was no pit stop, so I had to save fuel a lot. I didn’t want to push hard in the first couple of laps and I stayed behind other people.

I managed to avoid crashes (except one but I got no damage) and stayed on the lead lap. Till the end of the race, I was concerned about my fuel mileage and since the last laps were under green, I was really short on fuel. I was drafting a lot with K. Gasiunas, some good drafting there

Then suddenly, a couple of laps to go, I popped my right front tyre and pitted in - I dropped back to 9th. Fortunately for me, a caution came out just when I was leaving the pit lane. Then at cca 5 to go, when I was in draft with 4-5 people for 2nd place, there was a crash on the finish straight and luckily I was just behind Pitkänen, in 3rd place. I’m really happy for this podium! Also thanks to Jarda Dohnalík, who was trying to help me a lot in the last laps.

Quite a lot of cautions but still better than the Kyoto 500, thanks guys!
Big thanks to CSF for great work. It turns out that 100% fuel would be exactly enough for race and my pit wasnt necessary but i did it only because of unlucky contact between me and Klaidas (btw cograts for win) i had really huge chance to win without any preparing but again I had no luck run out 2-3 laps :/ to great result by me. See you next oval race
P.S. My last name is KRZYŻANOWSKI
sry to cagas on turn 1 of race. seriously thought there was only me and rui out back.
#13 - Emyn
I had some luck and unluck during the race. Got crashed twice but managed to survive by succesfull pit stops and right timed SCs. The whole race was exciting and got some great fighting and oval racing.

Anyway, gratz to the winner, Klaidas!
very nice caution flag at lap 49, I was already safely in the pits lol.
Quote from Eclipsed :Indeed,here's my race ruining incident (could be judged as race incident anyway):

A hit in rear wheel followed,somehow I managed avoid spinning,but lost a lot of speed,in next turn Letteriello and Pinto couldn't share track and the american run straight into my car,a lots of spins,overheated tyres,managed to run few laps with those,until lost control,spun again and blew right rear,end of the race which could be the best for me,as I managed to climb up to 4th with just few % of fuel to save,but in previous caution seeing these 2 overagressive SGP dutchmen (seen them before,I thought Eikelkamp is worst of them) right behind me,I had such a weird feeling that this won't end well...

indeed I was more agrssive then other races. Don´t know why and where it came from. I´m changing teams, just started my school. But the first accident wich was protested, was almost not avoidable. I´d put in less power evn broke before the corner a bit, but was still too close to eikelkamp, so no grip on front. Thats why I thought it was a race incident, but I´m sorry for the trouble I caused.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :indeed I was more agrssive then other races. Don´t know why and where it came from. I´m changing teams, just started my school. But the first accident wich was protested, was almost not avoidable. I´d put in less power evn broke before the corner a bit, but was still too close to eikelkamp, so no grip on front. Thats why I thought it was a race incident, but I´m sorry for the trouble I caused.

I just thought of a correction for my joke.

R.Majoor.

More in a serious note, the race is not won in the first half, not in the first 3/4 either. Why be aggressive for no reason? All you mostly caused was havoc with your attitude.

It was avoidable, you were in the middle part of the 1st-2nd lane in the turn, and you should not go full throttle when you are in slipstream there. You can go as fast with ½ throttle in slipstream there than full throttle without the draft there.
Quote from nikopdr :I just thought of a correction for my joke.

R.Majoor.

More in a serious note, the race is not won in the first half, not in the first 3/4 either. Why be aggressive for no reason? All you mostly caused was havoc with your attitude.

It was avoidable, you were in the middle part of the 1st-2nd lane in the turn, and you should not go full throttle when you are in slipstream there. You can go as fast with ½ throttle in slipstream there than full throttle without the draft there.

If you watch the replay, I go 1/2 throttle there.
It was the usual madness at ovals. Not sure how many times I complained about certain drivers - R.Pinto and V.Pitkänen who didn't know how to do a 3 way draft.

If you are the last one going into a corner after you performed the 3 way draft switch, you have to wait until the 2nd driver gets behind the first one again. It's 1-2-3, 3-2-1, 1-2-3 over and over again on each straight. What is so damn hard about it? Sadly 2 and 3 way drafts are only working when everyone knows what to do. The group is just as strong as its weakest member.

@Tomas (Denny12): Sorry for being that harsh to you after the race, but with 6 laps to go, you won't make that much progress in the race when being one lap down, especially if it doesn't play any importance for your championship. You just don't make yourself many friends with it. Anyway, we were the fastest drafting group if I remember correctly, after V.Pikänen lost the connection to us. Good work.

Congrats to Klaidas for his win and his oval championship. I can be happy to be classified 3rd after that race.
Quote from Feuerdrache :R.Pinto and V.Pitkänen who didn't know how to do a 3 way draft.

This. But Rui was so far in the back it really didnt matter lol.
Quote from Bmxtwins :This. But Rui was so far in the back it really didnt matter lol.

Sadly it did. If he had some knowledge about how to make a 3 way draft work, we would have been flying towards the other groups. But anyway, I'm glad I survived the ovals again, so every other discussion is pointless.
Quote from Feuerdrache :Sadly it did. If he had some knowledge about how to make a 3 way draft work, we would have been flying towards the other groups. But anyway, I'm glad I survived the ovals again, so every other discussion is pointless.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'm holding my hand up for my mistakes, because I know I've done them but trust me that it could've been worse.
And actually, apart from the odd moment where I was too worried about where you were in Turn 3 to give you the draft in the S/F straight, I enjoyed working with you until Valtteri got into the mix.
Quote from Feuerdrache :It was the usual madness at ovals. Not sure how many times I complained about certain drivers - R.Pinto and V.Pitkänen who didn't know how to do a 3 way draft.

After what you did in the 500, its pretty ridiculous for you to make a comment about other peoples driving standards on ovals.
The main thing is many ppl are doing the same mistakes over and over again, as we can see. And making a storm in a cup of tea is not the best move Isaac. We all know how sure you were that you will win this champ, anyway. You can't be mad on anyone, you ruined ur season only by your mistakes, be honest.

By the way, what was the longest run of Green flag in the race?
#24 - CSF
Errrrr about 60 laps. Was horrible for me as I was at the front hoping for a ****ing yellow.
Quote from Senninha25 :I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'm holding my hand up for my mistakes, because I know I've done them but trust me that it could've been worse. And actually, apart from the odd moment where I was too worried about where you were in Turn 3 to give you the draft in the S/F straight, I enjoyed working with you until Valtteri got into the mix.

I'm also quite sure you will do better when you have more experience in your next oval races. And indeed, it was faster when we were only two.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG