The online racing simulator
#1 - lol37
how to increase tyre grip even more
Hi all,
i'm practising drag race on 8 drag line, but i'm hurt to some problems : i can reach huge acceleration ( i mean like 0-60 mph in 0,5 secs ) without rear tyre spinning up too much which result in inefficient acceleration
i have tried everything : i use slick R1 with 70°C temperature ( ideal ) 65-70% mass distribution on rear side ( i can't even more otherwise the car reverses himself while dragging ) soft suspension, huge and wide rear slicks, tyre pression is minimal...
is there anything more to do ?
You can ask Scawen if he will change the physics.
Why using soft suspensions, for me hardest handles best. Keep in mind I'm using standard LFS cars, without tweaks etc.. How do you shift? Which car exactly do you use?
Quote from CheerioDM :You can ask Scawen if he will change the physics.

In new tyre physics there will be even less grip
#4 - lol37
indeed i'm using tweak, XRG V8 8,4L ( 512 cuin ), makes 2000+hp naturally aspirated, paddle shift.
#5 - Omar1
Quote from lol37 :indeed i'm using tweak, XRG V8 8,4L ( 512 cuin ), makes 2000+hp naturally aspirated, paddle shift.

2000+hp? im surprised you get any grip..
#6 - lol37
I seem to find 0 camber, 0 toe, low pressure, 4wd with clutch pack diff on all wheels and all the sliders set to max, vicious centre diff, have the car fairly stiff suspension, downforce max if applicable.
#8 - lol37
4wd would be useless if the car is wheeling, also at the start downforce is not made and when it does i don't need it anymore..
Quote from lol37 :4wd would be useless if the car is wheeling, also at the start downforce is not made and when it does i don't need it anymore..

well don't do 4wd then, but you won't get better grip with rwd.
Put the weight on the front.
Quote from CheerioDM :Put the weight on the front.

Yep exactly, the momentum will add a huge force on the rear tyres! And may be you can try to up the suspension like on some old funny cars (correct me if I am wrong).
In terms of damping, minimum rear bump, minimum front rebound to get all the weight to get thrown to the back as quickly as possible. And maximum rear rebound, maximum front bump so that it stays planted when you shift. Also, do a launch and have the suspension debug thing (Shift+L iirc) open. You'll notice that at the peak acceleration you will have negative camber. Increase the camber by about that much. Then fine tune till the camber is near 0 at the peak acceleration for the average launch. That's what I do for drag racing setups in LFS, anyhow. But it's kind of unstable when braking.
Quote from loopingz :Yep exactly, the momentum will add a huge force on the rear tyres! And may be you can try to up the suspension like on some old funny cars (correct me if I am wrong).

shouldn't be on rear train ? i noticed better start with 200 kg in rear instead on front

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG