The online racing simulator
Guess the version!
(16 posts, started )
Guess the version!
Guess which of these is S2 and which is S1. There are three clues, one is very obvious compared to the other two. Nothing modified in neither versions. Just want to see if anyone can tell. I have removed driver hands and the dashboard graphics for added challenge.

High resolution images in attatchments.

This isn't meant as an insult to the dev team. Just a general Live For Speed discussion.
Attached images
A.jpg
B.jpg
I'm gonna go with image 1 being S2 - due to the reflection on the centre of the steering wheel.

Although the trees and shadows are better in image 2..?

Which version of S1 are you using btw?
Quote from lukelfs :I'm gonna go with image 1 being S2 - due to the reflection on the centre of the steering wheel.

Although the trees and shadows are better in image 2..?

Which version of S1 are you using btw?

Using S1H7. I know that's quite "new". But the only thing changed since 2004 was the new online support. Not going to tell if you're right or not, need some more guesses.
A is S1, B is S2. Shadows have spoken.
Quote from Kid222 :A is S1, B is S2. Shadows have spoken.

I'd agree, but where has the reflection gone of the wheel in image B?

Anyway I think this is a fairer comparison, images by Flame CZE

A is S1, B is S2. S2 because of the reflection on the steering wheel, also a little different shading of the dashboard.
I have the same reasons but I think it's the other way around.
S2 dashboards don't have that plasticky shine, just the lighting itself, with no reflections at all (apart from some trim pieces in some cars and obviously, the wheel center), and I'm having a wild guess here, but I think that the skin in B isn't featured in S2. Although the shading in image B threw me for a moment, since S2 shading is (supposed to be) a lot better than S1.
Seeing that more and more people just check out the thread without guessing.
These should clear things up.

It's just weird that in places (all over autoX) things have gone worse graphics wise over the past 9 years. I mean, how's this even possible. The updated tracks look just great, but the colour grading process and the shadow mapping has been completely forgotten it seems. Here's some comparison sfrom fern bay. Again i removed the driver hands and the dashboard. They're just too distracting. An improvement, yes, but just these in 9 years...

And to be fair, here are some from blackwood and south city as well.

Yey I was right
South City was better before.
doesn't help when you have the graphics turned down all the way :P
Quote from Mustangman759 :doesn't help when you have the graphics turned down all the way :P

Only AA is off, everything else is maxed out.
Taavi(EST), Enable AA and AF on S1 too, from your graphics card control panel.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Taavi(EST), Enable AA and AF on S1 too, from your graphics card control panel.

Couldn't get that to work for some reason. Have had similar problems in the past as well.
Other then the window material and the shadow, the S1 looks better in my opinion.

Would post a S2 shot to compare, but don't have one with original reflections

I'll see what it looks with custom reflections.

Guess the version!
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG