The online racing simulator
Ehm? What does that matter?

I'm lagging the general opinion. Thats obvious.. Otherwise I wouldn't be still here.

I have some likings but I keep them for myself
Quote from darren26 :they belive in you paying for you account then letting other ppl steal it and not doing a god damn thing and making there pockets deeper wouldnt bother if i was anyone

not their fault if you cant prove the transaction or past history of password or the email. And using your last and first name as proof is lame, mine is in my friggin bio.
-
(Amynue) DELETED by Eric : spam
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Eric : spam
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Eric : spam
Thread´s kinda long, so maybe it´s been suggested already.

Why not go for the "World of Tanks" model?
They are making 2 digit millions per month - but it´s great fun without paying a dime too.
Some F2P basis (enhanced demo) with premium cars/tires/skins you can micro pay for.

After all its what makes the game industry tick right now, easily beating blockbusters like COD and BF3.

As far as I know there is no serious racing sim going that way?
And even if... we all here would p*ss on any competitor to the only real racing sim out there.
;-)
Bit off-topic:

Anyone else has from those LFS dreams sometimes?

For some reason, I've had a dream about opening LFS Forum, opening my new private message's. And saw that I received a reply from one of the devs on my PM, and him explaining that we should stay calm, and that around december there would be a new test patch, with more test patches following beginning of 2013.

Also explaining that in the version in 2013, would feature more cars, more tracks, and better physics. And that break-off damage physics are in the making as well.

Now at the moment when my dream went on, I got woken by a cock (chickenthingy). I was so pissed for that dream not to continue.

I hope that the dream comes truth. This means LFS is really my dream sim/game.

On-topic:
I don't think it's time for another approach. Only thing they should do, is sometimes let hear from themselves a bit more, including Eric.

Even if it's a short message like "Today I spend some time on math calculations to recreate smoke on a better way" for Scawen. "Today I made a new asphalt texture, for a new upcoming track" for Eric.

I'm just sayin'
Every night
Don't you think 2013 is a bit too late
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Don't you think 2013 is a bit too late

For years, I'm already convinced about the following:

Quote :Several prominent individuals representing Maya of Guatemala decried the suggestion that the world ends on b'ak'tun 13. Ricardo Cajas, president of the Colectivo de Organizaciones Indígenas de Guatemala, said the date did not represent an end of humanity or fulfillment of the catastrophic prophecies found in the Maya Chilam Balam, but that the new cycle, "supposes changes in human consciousness.

Quote from rockclan :Bit off-topic:

Anyone else has from those LFS dreams sometimes?

For some reason, I've had a dream about opening LFS Forum, opening my new private message's. And saw that I received a reply from one of the devs on my PM, and him explaining that we should stay calm, and that around december there would be a new test patch, with more test patches following beginning of 2013.

Also explaining that in the version in 2013, would feature more cars, more tracks, and better physics. And that break-off damage physics are in the making as well.

Prophet has spoken. :elefant:
Quote from Sobis :Eric
Developer

Most of deleted post I've seen lately was deleted by Eric so I thought he is now a Moderator. I'm glad he is still a Developer. I mean just look at this:
http://www.lfs.net/page_images/screenshots/ROK_VWS7.jpg
http://www.lfs.net/page_images/screenshots/ROK_VWS6.jpg
That's some photorealistic shit right there. Eric did a really great job on the lighting and textures at Rockingham. It's a shame that tyre physics is blocking ROC release and we have absolutely no idea how long will it take for Scawen to finish it. Progress report from Dec 28th 2011 didn't give us any idea how long will it take to finish new physics. Since then over 6 months of silence.

I don't understand why Eric doesn't want to communicate with his customers and I never will since he won't tell
What I dont understand is why any of the new S3 content cant be announced*. A car, a track, something. A single screenshot would keep the community happy for another year.

*Unless the S3 content is a "pack" (rallypack? :tilt and a single car/track announcement would spoil the rest of the surprise.
Scawen said somewhere that he isn't limiting Eric's work, or that if Eric would want to release a car or some kind of content, he wouldnt mind. (Something along those lines)

Eric, WHY U NO release a car for fun?
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Eric : Offtopic spam
-
(The Very End) DELETED by Eric : off-topic spam
Eric its easier to post 2 pictures as delete every 2 hour lots of Spam post.

I'm on your side but sometimes the guys just right.
Quote from Xenix74 :Eric its easier to post 2 pictures as delete every 2 hour lots of Spam post.

I'm on your side but sometimes the guys just right.

I agree with everyone's persistence, but I am getting tired of these comments.
I think it has been long enough where we need to just give up and think about other things.
I know I have made statements in the past that reflect the slow progress, but I am worn out and feel this doesn't need to continue.
We all by now know what is going on.
Quote from CheerioDM :I agree with everyone's persistence, but I am getting tired of these comments.
I think it has been long enough where we need to just give up and think about other things.
I know I have made statements in the past that reflect the slow progress, but I am worn out and feel this doesn't need to continue.
We all by now know what is going on.

Yes you´re right, thx god i have other things like Historic Mod1.9 and RSRBR and maybe a good Project Cars in some month. And When Rfactor2 is released and patched i can wait another 4 Years
Quote from kimd41 : A single screenshot would keep the community happy for another year.

Eehh? I don't think so.

For four years now there are just carrots being held in front of our noses. Then we get another screenshot and then what? Another four years of waiting? No point. People are not waiting, people are not waiting on new tire physics either. People just abandon.

I'm going to repeat myself;

- tire physics need to be put to rest. It's obvious it cannot be done by today's standards and its already on a higher level then any other simulator. Look at it later, in a few months. Nobody on the globe can focus that long on just one single thing for such a period of time.
- more environments, like RO. But need to be much more then RO actually.
- much better server handling / promotion. This is actually very important!
Quote from cargame.nl :

What is RO?
Quote from cargame.nl :Eehh? I don't think so.

For four years now there are just carrots being held in front of our noses. Then we get another screenshot and then what? Another four years of waiting? No point. People are not waiting, people are not waiting on new tire physics either. People just abandon.

I'm going to repeat myself;

- tire physics need to be put to rest. It's obvious it cannot be done by today's standards and its already on a higher level then any other simulator. Look at it later, in a few months. Nobody on the globe can focus that long on just one single thing for such a period of time.
- much better server handling / promotion. This is actually very important!

Don't let Eric see this, he'll rage ban you for saying something negative about his development speed.
Quote from 91mason91 :Don't let Eric see this, he'll rage ban you for saying something negative about his development speed.

Yeah right !

So, what is the definition of speed ?

Life moves on, except for RBR !

It would be good to know that the quest for perfection may reach a milestone release date before the Mayan end of Liff as we know it, 24 dec 2012 FYI.

At least release rockingham - please.
Quote from 91mason91 :Don't let Eric see this, he'll rage ban you for saying something negative about his development speed.

Who says that his development speed is slow?

If you can come up with BL.KY.WE.SO.AS in 4 years time, you might expect in this total of 10 years at least another 5 environments. Or do I make a calculation mistake somewhere?

Apparently there is a lot on the shelf... Being held back.. By.. Tire physics...
Quote from cargame.nl :
Apparently there is a lot on the shelf... Being held back.. By.. Tire physics...

If there was a reward for jumping to conclusions and pulling stuff out if one's arse, you'd be a pretty hot candidate to get one. I know this is the interwebs where anybody can post anything, but what if someone new or unfamiliar with how things are around here reads this? Your last posts in this thread suggest that there's a brand new ultraawsome version of LFS on Scawen's HDD, but he refuses to release it because he's obsessed by the tyre physics programming. That simply is not true. Your It could have happened, therefore it must have happened kind of reasoning is really stupid an annoying to read.
Quote from MadCatX :Your last posts in this thread suggest that there's a brand new ultraawsome version of LFS on Scawen's HDD, but he refuses to release it because he's obsessed by the tyre physics programming. That simply is not true.

And why not?

I installed a home cinema this weekend in my house. Costed me the whole weekend. When I want to install five home cinema's then I expect to spend another five weekends on that. Probably faster because I get the hang of it or probably slower because I do not get the same motivation/satisfaction to do it.

It's annoying to read here by some that we cannot expect some releases because its suddenly all so difficult the last four years. There is no explanation for this sudden hold up of releasing content. Well there is; tire physics. Like I said before, Scawen didn't expect to let development hold up that long and would have released content if he knew that beforehand. Another year has passed, still problems. => draw conclusions, release content first and do some other little improvements which make a -hugh- difference. Simple.
Quote from cargame.nl :And why not?

I installed a home cinema this weekend in my house. Costed me the whole weekend. When I want to install five home cinema's then I expect to spend another five weekends on that. Probably faster because I get the hang of it or probably slower because I do not get the same motivation/satisfaction to do it.

It's annoying to read here by some that we cannot expect some releases because its suddenly all so difficult the last four years. There is no explanation for this sudden hold up of releasing content. Well there is; tire physics. Like I said before, Scawen didn't expect to let development hold up that long and would have released content if he knew that beforehand. Another year has passed, still problems. => draw conclusions, release content first and do some other little improvements which make a -hugh- difference. Simple.

:iagree:
Quote from cargame.nl :And why not?

/thread

I dont think anyone could have said any better.
Quote from cargame.nl :I installed a home cinema this weekend in my house. Costed me the whole weekend. When I want to install five home cinema's then I expect to spend another five weekends on that. Probably faster because I get the hang of it or probably slower because I do not get the same motivation/satisfaction to do it.

Why do you assume this analogy is valid? You have no idea what Eric has been up to (if he's been up to anything at all). By this logic, you will have set up about 29 home theatres by the end of the year and somehow I don't think that's what's gonna happen.

Let me offer you another explanation. Scawen has never mentioned that he's using some versioning system, so I'm gonna go with assumption that he simply copy-pastes LFS' source whenever he needs to create a new development "branch". One branch has the Scirocco, Rockingham, unfinished tyre physics and all that classified stuff you claim that exists. The other branch is just the old 0.6B source with no updates whatsoever. He doesn't want to backport all those content-related changes into the old branch because it would mean a lot of work, debugging, fixing problems reported by the community and merging those fixes back into the development branch. The development branch is, however, too buggy to be released and the changes too tied together to simply remove the problematic parts.

I'm pretty sure you don't believe this explanation, but it's based on the same logic you've been using in this thread.

Time for a different approach?
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG