The online racing simulator
Exactly.. I read here things now about personal dissatisfaction, hate, attacking...

All being put out of order by two guys, Breith and col.

If you look back at the first posting I make here then it's a simple realistic three sentence posting about saying that it looks like there is no approach / strategy at all and that the Scirocco easily got postponed but this tire physics thing (which obviously is failing completely) eat up 3.5 years of delay already. Almost 50% of the life cycle this original sim has costed to come alive.

And suddenly I am sitting in some sort psychiatric chair with a crazy philosopher as if I went off the path. People talking into me that I need to believe again. Come on, I do believe the truth is out there, yes, I liked the X-Files series and yes I think there is some sort of spirit thing (needs further definition...).

But... You are not going to tell me that there is some logical development path here for this sim. Just isn't. And it has nothing to do with personal dissatisfaction, hate, attacking or whatever, I just draw simple realistic conclusions. I just keep doing what I am doing, it's just sad to see discussions here keep popping up about this or that should be changed to bring back life to this sim...

All pointless. There is just one person with dissatisfaction and thats the main developer here which is apparently on an endless crusade, expects everybody to leave here in the end.. And then all come back when perfection is there. The last bit is not going to happen, it's not the same as ten years back. LFS is not the only one in the pond anymore, there are more fish. It's not all about tire physics, it's the overall package which delivers the interaction, the fun and setting the community.
#127 - col
Quote from cargame.nl :Exactly.. I read here things now about personal dissatisfaction, hate, attacking... >8 snip

Many of your recent posts are critical of LFS and it's development team.
Scawen is not going to change his philosophy based on your opinion.
Nothing good can come from the repetitive negative criticism that is a regular feature here, from many posters including you.
Nobody is pretending that the LFS dev process isn't very slow, and we all wish it was faster with more info, but without the process LFS would not exist.
Constant complaining will not change anything for the better, only make things worse...

So I repeat my earlier question:

what you are trying to achieve by attacking LFS and its development team?

(attacking in the sense of repetitive negative criticism)
Quote from col :
snip

what you are trying to achieve by attacking Cargame and the posters of this thread? If you do not like what is being discussed, don't read it or reply to it.

Quote from edge3147 :what you are trying to achieve by attacking Cargame and the posters of this thread? If you do not like what is being discussed, don't read it or reply to it.

That fits for both sides.
Quote from col :
what you are trying to achieve by attacking LFS and its development team?

This has nothing to do with the subject is it?

No need to center me here. I give an opinion (mostly pretty directly). Thats why they made forums.
Well, this thread has been tarnished enough. I won't be participating in the discussion within it anymore.
Quote from edge3147 :All this bashing on cargame is sad, the cargame servers are the most popular race servers on LFS right now. I feel what cargame is saying. In 4 years of waiting for development to take place, we have seen 1 or 2 screenshots, but 0 test versions of said development. We have recieved a few updates, but those were very very minor in aspect.

It's a shame the devs don't take a few minutes to interact with the community that they built.

All in all, i think any sort of progress report would be progress at this point.

0.6B came out June 17th 2011, not even been a year since this. And there was a week long TEST Patch period prior to that. Today 4 years ago we had no clue VWS was even being developed. I'm sure there will be a TEST patch forum popping up quite soon, but thanks to people like you it will again not include any new content.
#133 - col
Quote from cargame.nl :This has nothing to do with the subject is it?

Of course it does - it's directly relevant.
The thread title implies that there is something wrong with the development approach To that extent it is negative criticism (as opposed to constructive criticism). Whether you agree with that idea or not, repeating that type of negative criticism over and over will do no good. So why do people do it? what do they hope to achieve?
Quote :
No need to center me here. I give an opinion (mostly pretty directly). Thats why they made forums.

They made forums so we could have discussions (not so you could repeat the same opinion over and over and over - once is plenty).
Discussion can be very useful, but these discussions were done and dusted many years ago. People asked Scawen about hiring more programmers and designers, using volunteers from the community etc. Scawen said no, and explained why. So now that discussion is over and repeating the same criticisms ad nauseum is just pointlessly negative.

When new people find LFS, and maybe check out the forums, they just see masses of negative criticism.
It's not a great advert for LFS or it's "community", maybe many possible new players don't get further than that... but it's not the game or the devs that are creating that vibe, it's the section of the community that repeatedly attacks the game.

So why do it? there must be some reason - something to gain from it, something I'm not seeing - otherwise it would be indefensible.
Quote from Taavi(EST) : but thanks to people like you it will again not include any new content.

Pointing fingers at me for having a discussion? :insane:

My discussion is not going to keep new content from coming, that decision is upto the devs.
Quote from col :So why do people do it? what do they hope to achieve?

No idea. Probably not busy with this simulator every day. Once in a while the old Scirocco question pops up again or something else which has been discussed many times. Therefore I don't start new threads about it also, don't see the point.

But yeah, there is something wrong with the development approach but that is more a fact, not really negative, it's just there.

Quote from col :They made forums so we could have discussions (not so you could repeat the same opinion over and over and over - once is plenty).
Discussion can be very useful, but these discussions were done and dusted many years ago. People asked Scawen about...

If thats true, why is there no policy to immediately close all developer related chitchat?
Have to admit it is getting comical.
Quote from CheerioDM :Have to admit it is getting comical.

What? The people on this forum or the development speed?
I see
What do you think about the progress btw? Or neutral?
I am asking you now brother
Sadly I did not. Sitting on the side line is easy, giving an reason / opinion is harder
-
(BenjiMC) DELETED by Eric : spam
-
Was it worth it? (Mountaindewzilla) DELETED by Eric : spam
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Eric : spam
Hi all,

i watched the discussion about the Future of LFS for a while now and want to say some things from my point of view.

First, i think i see all this from the view of a normal customer; that means i buy a Game and play it as long as i have fun with it. I am not very active in any forums or communitys and i am surely no insider. To be honest LFS is the only Online Game i play. In earlyer times i play some Online shooter but lost fun soon.

And that brings me to my first point: I discovered the LFS S1 Demo on a CD from a Gamemagazine, after playing it for a while i buy S1 for 12$ or so.
Since this Time i have fun with this Game over all this Years!!!!! I pay a laughable amount of Money for S2 an still have fun every evening after work!!!

I realy having the biggest Respect for this 3 People doing the LFS Projekt!!!
No Comercial Game at all this Time no Matter what Plattform brings me that constant enjoiment. And some Games costs 50€ and more and i am done with it after 2 Days...

And that brings me to my next point: Personaly i am just on a point in this Game... how should i say? Its like a Living Room were nothing changed over years... it needs renovation!

I realy hope that LFS gets the Update that this great Game well-deserved very soon!
And i whould love to pay a Fair Price for a Brand New LFS S3 with updated Cars/Tracks/Graphics/Physics/Cockpits and what else.

But sorry to say, i realy need it soon...

As a Customer i just want to know at this point, if there is a realistic Chance for a future Development of LFS or not!
I hope that the LFS "Story" goes on but at this Time it dont look like....

I am sure as long as some Servers filled with good Players/ nice People i will have joy in LFS and at the Day the Servers get Empty its over...

Its on the People who "Born" LFS to Decide what happens...

In the meantime i am trying some new Racing Games and who knows maybe a new Love comes this way...

First try was GT5 btw, its nice and fun but its no Sim... no Match to LFS. First proof that S3 is desperately needed!

I am near to the point to ruin me to try this IR....g thing. (Hoping LFS will prevent this)

Greetings D O C
13 July release of S1
24 June release of S2
(17 June release last patch)

Guys I'll bet we have a hot summer this year
Quote from Xenix74 :13 July release of S1
24 June release of S2
(17 June release last patch)

Guys I'll bet we have a hot summer this year

Looking forward to that email!
The fact that Scawen, Victor and Eric are all active on the forum is enough proof of development for me.
Here is my little say in this thread.

There was this game released in 2003 called Nascar Racing 2003 Season (AKA NR2003 (youtube it))

It is still very actively played around the world (and me). The company that made the game doesn't even exist any more.

There is a free demo that you can get on the net, just do a quick search.

The thing I am trying to say is,

Just because a game is very old, doesn't mean that it is getting less people playing it. NR2003 is actually a couple of months older than LFS. (The first official release.)

Edit: It is also very alive because It is partially open source and there have been a lot of mods updating and making new tracks and cars made by the general public.
Yeah, GTR simsalabim series are free now too... Abandon ware, that's what it's called.

Not necessarily a good thing.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah, GTR simsalabim series are free now too... Abandon ware, that's what it's called.

Not necessarily a good thing.

Is there anything you like?

Time for a different approach?
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG