The online racing simulator
CarX 2.0
(124 posts, started )
#1 - Byku
Game... (disturbingly) similar to LFS!?
[ EDIT : this is an old thread that was just bumped up on 10 November 2011 with this post : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1652131#post1652131 ]

Hi there, recently i've encountered such a link on polish lfs forum. The game seems very similar to LFS in physics and some other stuff. Try it. In some ways it almost looks like somebody copied some part of LFS code .

Official side:
http://www.carx-tech.com/

Link to download:
http://tinyurl.com/yhq3wzr

Movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0__2XjK0Y
Real cars and drifting...I'll try it
The "forces view" thing from LFS is in there, and the tyre smoke is the same.

Unless the devs are licensing the engine out (maybe they are *edit* just saw that website), it looks extremely nicked to me.

Good find.
So Kev, you gonna add the LFS engine as a module to your CMS?

Might look similar in many ways, I havn't driven it so I don't know if it feels the same. I didn't notice tire deformation, and one would have thought you would with those huge truck tires! Also in/car or driver view seemed really buggy/strange with the steering wheel.
Feels so shitty on KB havent tried it on wheel yet
#7 - ajp71
Install doesn't work for me it completes copying files very quickly and only leaves me with the uninstall files in the folder
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So Kev, you gonna add the LFS engine as a module to your CMS?

Don't tell people I make good software, they'll think I'm brainy. :shhh:
... I notice a few LFS textures (ESL one comes to notice the most), but the physics feel garbage compared to LFS... There's some stuff ripped clearly, but not the feel.

Kev: Maybe it'll make you a few quid, so you can get some new clothes! :P
Feels much better than tons of games I've tried, still doesnt feel as good as LFS though.
We need a Muscle car in LFS
Quote from ajp71 :Install doesn't work for me it completes copying files very quickly and only leaves me with the uninstall files in the folder

TBH I think installing software from people who look likely to be crooks is probably not a good idea.
Must I bring this image back?

Do they look like safe people?!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Must I bring this image back?

(img)

Do they look like safe people?!

Wow that's a mean one, I mean Scawen is a bit "meh", but Victor's and Eric's expressions are priceless.
Ok whos who?
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Feels so shitty on KB havent tried it on wheel yet

This is not an accurate test of any sort of simulator in my opinion. If I never retried LFS when I got a wheel I would have said it sucked via keyboard as well . . .

Let's face it, digital input just has lacking issues! The gas pedal is not an off/on switch.
The game looks pretty neat in fact, but i havnt played it yet and cant compare it to lfs. Anyways, only companys can download it and try? I sent them an email with message that i will use it only for personal use and stuff.
The site layout is just filled with so much fail, and it looks so sus.
Quote from hazaky :The game looks pretty neat in fact, but i havnt played it yet and cant compare it to lfs. Anyways, only companys can download it and try? I sent them an email with message that i will use it only for personal use and stuff.

Eh? Byku provided a direct download link in the OP

Tried it with the G25, had no clutch, no FFB and no H-gate shifter, oh well, not the physics engine's fault Was hard to judge without FFB, could have potential, but lacks some essential features.
Ow, myea. I tryed it already. The physics are kind of fun actually. Not sure if theyr "realistlic" but i had lots of fun messing around with it. Grip on grass and asphault felt so ... good in my opinion. Also, i love the shadows. If the devs of this game would like to make a game on this same based engine then it would be kickass in my opinion.
It uses PhysX so it's engine has nothing to do with LFS.
Does it matter what physics engine it uses? This is a vehicle simulation middleware package, which can be used with a different physics engine (they are not the same thing!), in any game. Whichever physics engine they chose to use is irrelevant. LFS uses it's own model, afaik. Also there are at least two points on their feature list which are different to LFS. Of course this doesn't mean that they didn't reverse engineer LFS at some point and start working from there. Or just use bits from the engineered code.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Ok whos who?

I THINK its victor Scawen then Eric if thats true i had no idea eric was black lol. oh well who cares who he is he makes GREAT car models :P
Quote from J03130 :I THINK its victor Scawen then Eric if thats true i had no idea eric was black lol. oh well who cares who he is he makes GREAT car models :P

Correct.

If Eric didn't make good car models would you care what colour his skin was?
#24 - Byku
Drifting AE86 is quiet fun ^^. It feels like LFS just with more snappiness(at least with AE86).
CarX - Physics Code from LFS ?

CarX 2.0
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG