The online racing simulator
Happy birthday to me!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Hyperactive :Do you happen to look like Simona de Silvestro by any chance?
https://rt.com/usa/news/us-customs-driver-silvestro/

Let me get a block right now by saying that most americans are pathetic dumb idiots nowadays aren't they?

How hard is it to start up the Internertz, go to Google and fill out her name?

This whole custom check gets so annoying that its not interesting for business people and tourists to go there. Way to go.

But maybe I must not hijack this thread..

Happy birthday Lind.. You actually are having a birthday or just pretending?

Let me check that...

One moment..

Quote :Fødselsdato: 3. februar 1993

Happy Birthday for yesterday
This better still be happening. I can't find any information though on the Sebring website or the SCC website.

Better not cost a fortune, or I want to ride onboard/drive.
It is still happening
Quote from PMD9409 :This better still be happening. I can't find any information though on the Sebring website or the SCC website.

Better not cost a fortune, or I want to ride onboard/drive.

Event schedule:

http://www.cfrscca.org/wordpre ... Regional-Sebring-2012.pdf

Some details I found on some Corvette forum:

Quote :The Camaro Cup will makes it debut in the United States Feb 11-12 at Sebring and the following weekend at Palm Beach (Feb 18-19).

The Sebring event will be with the Central Florida Region SCCA, which will also be a Crane Cams V8 StockCar points weekend. In addition there will be a full field of SCCA classes including vintage.
Looking for FL Corvette clubs to come out to Sebring for the races.

This is an SCCA spectator event and I understand the charge is only 5 bucks for non SCCA members.

The Camaro Cup is a televised pro series in Europe and counts Jan Magnusson and Nic Jonnson among series drivers.

The cars are tube framed chassis constructed by Howe Racing in Michigan with the Howe Camaro Euro body. Similar to the TA2 body, save for they don't have the wide flares. The cars are powered by modified versions of the Chevy ZZ4 crate motor and make around 450 horsepower. With only about 2500 pounds to push around, they are quite quick.

The second weekend at PBIR will be run with HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) and will also be a points for Crane Cams V8SC.

There are practice days for both events on friday before the weekend.

Google is your friend.
Yeah I had also found this link. Been stressed out with all my Uni classes scheduling exams at the same time, has thrown me off my equilibrium I guess.

Dennis has me in as one of the four people who can get a free pass for his entry, and if not it is only $5 as you said. Didn't realize all the other series and classes were going there so that google search had me bypassing most of the links.

Was hoping to see something on the Sebring site about it, but it's hyped up on the 12hr race which is understandable.
That's a SCCA regional event... will be fun, those are my favorite weekends ever Too bad it's not the Double National though. And yeah, $5 is the usual price, don't know how parking is set up at Sebring though.

Groups are super weird. Who the heck runs FA/ CSR/ DSR with FV on the track too... that's just asking for trouble Might mean they aren't expecting big grid sizes.

but then SRF has their own group, I don't know how they can have so many SRF and Miatas to warrant their own groups, but so few of all the classes in Group 4 to make that a good strategy in any way. Registration closes Tuesday, sometime shortly after that I should be able to find the answers.

Also, that means you get to wander the paddock whenever you feel like. You aren't allowed in certain areas without long pants, but I'm not sure you'll have access to those spots anyways, unless for some reason you're hanging out with Dennis in pit lane. Pretty much everywhere else is fair game.
Heard something about 350 cars signed up for the event. No small grids here.
323. That's easily one of the bigger events you'll find. I think June Sprints is the biggest normal-season SCCA event at ~450. The national championship (Runoffs) is ~650.

Group 1 Vintage 21
Group 2 ITB, ITS, IT7, ITR 48
Group 3 ITA, SRF 45
Group 4 FA, FC, FF, FM, S2, CSR, DSR, FV, F500, CF, FS, FB, FE, FST 41
Group 5 SM, SM5 46
Group 6 GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, T1, T2, GTA, SPO, ASR, ITO, STO 44
Group 7 ITC, EP, FP, HP, GTL, T3, SSB, SSC, LEG, SPU, STU, STL 61
Group 8 Camaro Cup 17

Yeah, those are pretty decent grids.
Huge SM field, that's expected I guess. The class has become increasingly popular because it's so cheap and the racing is close. Also, that means the group is populated with racer boys, so they tend to bang eachother a bit too often. Definitely a must watch if you can swing it. The SRFs will be great too, with less banging, more good racing.

Still, I'm shocked Group 4 is all together... that'll be a bit of a clusterfrick. If they didn't have to squeeze the vintage and those Camaro Cup guys in ... It's sorta like mixed class racing with FOX and MRT, and everything in between.

Sorry, I'm rambling to myself because I'm super jealous right now
*Texting*

Quote :Me: Anyone at the track today?
Dennis: Yeah, all the ALMS GT teams basically.
Me: It rained here, what about there?
Dennis: Well it currently looks like a river here, so yes.
Me: Just so you know, chance of rain this weekend as well.
Dennis: **** well that's not good.
Me: Why? Just relive some Zandvoort.
Dennis: Well, these Camaros don't have rain tires, and they weigh a bit heavier.
Me: Good luck with that.

#37 - CSF
It rained in florida?!
Yeah our winter is already over, so it is already back to summer showers.
Well that's promising...a wide, bumpy and wet track to see cars go round in
It'll be fun, we're sponsored by Hoosier tyres for this event... And they make.... Drag tyres? awesome bro... -.-
Quote from Dennis93 :It'll be fun, we're sponsored by Hoosier tyres for this event... And they make.... Drag tyres? awesome bro... -.-

Nah, Hoosier is a huge racing tire company, but I think they only operate in America. You'll see more than half the cars there this weekend on Hoosier and some on Goodyear. Maybe a few others, but those are the two major players in US racing tires.

Racing tires is all they do and they've been around forever.
#42 - CSF
Dennis is too busy getting shot after asking an American not to shout outside his room!
Hoosier are the shit man. Great tyre manufacturer.
I bought a camera for mounting on my helmet and other places inside the car

Also i update my facebook alot, if you wanna follow closely, i'll update frequent as possible : Dennis Marcel Galindo Lind

D.
Been at sebring with Dennis obviously all day so far. Been eventful to say the least. Dennis blew the engine, we have been watching most of the other cars while they fix whatever he broke. Along with the camaros are cars such as older NASCAR cup cars, ford GT, Aston martin, Daytona prototype, late models, and Corvette.

Now it started to pour down rain for 20 minutes to flood the track, just for it to be clear and sunny right after. We got lucky, was eating our bacon cheeseburgers above the front stretch.
dennis y u blow engine
cos he so FAT
Nah he wasn't the culprit we don't think. He did a five lap run and all seem good. Went back to the pits and came out just to have the motor suddenly not 100%.

Jan Magnussen is quickest as expected. Standing next to him and Dennis currently.

And no booth, we are actually the skinny ones here.
Phil is thinner than me guys, the fat thing is just a hoax.
Quote from Dennis93 :Phil is thinner than me guys, the fat thing is just a hoax.

O m g no way dude But who is the fat guy on the right in this pic then?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG