The online racing simulator
Sup?
(14 posts, closed, started )
Sup?
I've been reading the forums roughly twise a month and honestly.....

...What are you guys waiting for?

How in the heck can you stay positive and keep this "excited" attitude going on about this game anymore?
-it's not like the devs are doing the same thing...are they doing anything at all regading LFS?

This game seems to be frozen...frozen in time and all these "positive" and "happy waiting" people seem like some crazy homeless people: "we are gonna win in lottery some day", just hoping for the new update like: we have updated tire physics a bit but nothing big..no scirocco, no major things regarding the game or its future...

I am..or used to be crazy for this game but it seems like this game is dying slowly.. and not least because of lack of information..and the lack of progression kills the interest towards the game.

LFS used to be constantly updated and exciting things being impelented and many people bought it including me, why? Because it was evolving and the best driving game out there and community too...
Usually devs are pointing some future directions and updates about about their working...but nothing really dramatic has happened for how long? You all know for how long...

Do not get me wrong - I am not trying to provoke or anything but this is just turning into sad..sad story...
It's better then any EA game, where you barely get any improvements but have to pay 70€ each year to get the newest version without any improvements...
LFS doesn't need any updates to be an awesome game.
Atleast imo
I agree. The poignant fanboyism is clear to see.

I have been playing some other racing games lately at my friends house, CARS I really like, GT5 with a G27, fantastic, I bought GT5 on the PS3 the DAY BEFORE general release from Blockbuster for £23. That wasn't mates rates either, I have a blockbuster card thus get the mail leaflets about special offers and it was GT5 for £23.

CARS cost my mate nothing and is better than LFS I think...physics need a bit of tweaking and while I can drift happily on LFS, GT5, Forza etc, I find it impossible to drift for more than about 2 seconds on CARS, the graphics and amazing cars do sort of make it OK - Forza 4 and GT5 do online racing well. LFS is way behind anything out currently, anyone to deny this is either an idiot or ignorant to the facts.
Compare racing sims to girls...CARS is Sienna Miller, GT5 is Rihanna, LFS is Stacey from your local pub. Sure she's not ugly but lacks the pizzaz and "wow" of the other girls.
The realism is still quite good, low speed handling is crap and while LFS is one of the few games to actually model turbo lag fairly well the graphics look like something from 2004, there's been no updates at all and even if S3 does come out, unless it's got the graphical detail of CARS and some of the features and what not of the latest games such as DIRT3 with the water effects, etc, it's going to be a mediocore title in a very competitive market.

If I want a full out driving sim, guess what - I'll go for a drive! Everything else is simply going to be a best compromise...Shift 2, looks nice but physics are too shit...iRacing, again a great game but way too expensive...CARS...very promising I will wait to see final release costs etc but the beta at the moment isn't costing anything, GT5 is probably the best all rounder for me at the moment.
Yeah, and the core problem is evolution.. human being needs new things to be kept interested.. I mean how long can you eat same food? How long can you drive same car, if you have cash for another one or cash for accessories?

LFS is a great game as it is but so were many other car games (RBR for example), to stay that way LFS needs to be updated and at least "promised" or should I say originally announced things should be implemented..If there are reasons for them not to be implemented them devs should share they with the community but all this silence... man...

Reality check is inevitable... People are waiting because they were promised great things.

It is another thing if the devs say the game is finished and there is nothing to wait for but.... the game is at beta stage and people expect it to be developed (no matter how good it is now, it could be better, eh?) but things look sad as for many many months we or should I say community hasn't received what has been initially announced....
This is a good point. It happens with other games though. The developers stopped adding new colour balls to Snooker and everyone lost interest and stopped playing.
LFS till the last star in the sky stops burning...
And here, above me, now...is the lesser spotted "development team fanboy".

In the Gandes or, perhaps, just a room in a house, in the Netherlands, people who play a game called "Live for Speed" come to breed.

In search of the best mate, they proudly proclaim their...affection...for...this racing simulator.

It doesn't really work without the voice but yeah. At least someone should get what I'm trying to do.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :And here, above me, now...is the lesser spotted "development team fanboy".

In the Gandes or, perhaps, just a room in a house, in the Netherlands, people who play a game called "Live for Speed" come to breed.

In search of the best mate, they proudly proclaim their...affection...for...this racing simulator.

It doesn't really work without the voice but yeah. At least someone should get what I'm trying to do.

And the fact that I actually found a girlfriend and lots of friends to share my love for this so called ¨Live for Seped¨... I have gotten 4 LFS t-shirts, and I mostly wear ´m daily, cause I live for the speed see.. speed speed... I like live.. for... speeeeeeed....
Because LFS is the best online racing game in the world.
My penis is limp.
My limp is my penis.
I don't why everyone can't race without "new and improved" LFS. It has a lot of replay value. I perceive it like playing chess, there are no improvements to chess, but you keep playing and getting better at it. Just because the devs thought that we need to know what is happening, in advance, they told us what is in store, and everyone gets too much expectations, and expectation has lead it to disappointment I think. Rather than getting worked up about the bird in the bush, enjoy the bird in the hand.

O btw, wow yet another whining thread! wow what a novel idea. . Atleast merge it with the December report thread (Ya I know this thread was created a few hours before the december report, but still)
This thread is closed

Sup?
(14 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG